Loading Time 02C - PAX 2008

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Graham
Super Moderator

Loading Time 02C - PAX 2008

Postby Graham » 01 Sep 2008, 14:55

Man, that was a fun evening.
Thanks to everyone that showed up!
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 01 Sep 2008, 15:15

I do think that was the funnest I had at PAX and the video on the main page is listed before 2b?
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 01 Sep 2008, 15:17

AeroCmdr wrote:I do think that was the funnest I had at PAX and the video on the main page is listed before 2b?

I noticed that as well.

Were you the one talking about Bacon Salt? Is Bacon Salt something new, or have I just missed it all these years? I was introduced to it about a week ago, and then suddenly you're talking about it. WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Sep 2008, 15:20

Oh, how I wish I could have been there...

tiny note that you're probably already fixing: The date on the video list is wrong, and puts it before 02B on the list.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
AeroCmdr

Postby AeroCmdr » 01 Sep 2008, 15:21

JesterJ. wrote:
AeroCmdr wrote:I do think that was the funnest I had at PAX and the video on the main page is listed before 2b?

I noticed that as well.

Were you the one talking about Bacon Salt? Is Bacon Salt something new, or have I just missed it all these years? I was introduced to it about a week ago, and then suddenly you're talking about it. WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?!
I am the third Matt and I said hello to the internets. I did not get any bacon salt which makes me quite sad.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 01 Sep 2008, 15:30

A bit disheartened that this evening of PAX/LRR frivolity is being dubbed LRRCon 08. Was truly looking forward to a more thoroughly planned LRRCon... *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait until 09.

Otherwise... glad ya'll had so much fun. Wish I could have attended. Funerals and Surgeries FTL.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Sep 2008, 15:32

AeroCmdr wrote:I did not get any bacon salt which makes me quite sad.
Clearly you weren't worth your bacon salt :P

As an aside, if memory serves (Which I'll admit it rarely does, hence Memory Loss vidcast and Remember webcomic) the first few GenCons were literally held in Gary Gygax's basement.

So big things could come from future LRRcons. 8)
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 01 Sep 2008, 16:06

2stepz wrote:A bit disheartened that this evening of PAX/LRR frivolity is being dubbed LRRCon 08. Was truly looking forward to a more thoroughly planned LRRCon... *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait until 09.

It's just a name. Don't fear! LRR won't pass up another opportuniy for a meet-up just because we assigned a certain name to the PAX meet-up.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Sep 2008, 18:29

There are plans for another meeting of LRR fans early next year, likely in January or February. The awesomeness shall be spread!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 01 Sep 2008, 19:20

...I just thought I would add, while we're on the subject of bacon salt, that when I was looting my friend's bag from PAX I saw 3 or 4 packages of bacon salt. I was jealous, and also confused why they were giving out bacon salt at PAX.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Reversematt

Postby Reversematt » 01 Sep 2008, 20:24

AeroCmdr wrote:
JesterJ. wrote:

I noticed that as well.

I am the third Matt and I said hello to the internets. I did not get any bacon salt which makes me quite sad.

We had some on our fries, and it was... weird. It tasted like bacon, or at least bacon bits, but the texture of the fries really threw my brain off. This stuff is definitely fodder for an Iron Stomach. Put some on ice cream or something.
www.aalgar.com - Transformer reviews, webcomics and the Sarcastic Voyage podcast
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 01 Sep 2008, 21:30

Thanks Tim, sorry you have to torture yourself for us, but we appreciate it.

Go LRRcon, wish I could be there.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
AeroCmdr

Postby AeroCmdr » 01 Sep 2008, 21:31

I do have to say that I really enjoyed talking to Jer, Tally, and everyone and I can't wait for next year's LRRcon. Who else was at our table in the back by the way?
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 01 Sep 2008, 21:34

Note the three Matts! They're multiplying daily. Just as I was saying in my suggestion for a 5th Anniversary Sup-LRR-tacular. They're going to keep coming from alternate dimensions till they threaten the world like some 50s sci-fi beast run amok.
allison

Postby allison » 01 Sep 2008, 22:06

JoeNewberry wrote:Note the three Matts! They're multiplying daily. Just as I was saying in my suggestion for a 5th Anniversary Sup-LRR-tacular. They're going to keep coming from alternate dimensions till they threaten the world like some 50s sci-fi beast run amok.

haha i really like the idea of putting a whole bunch of matt lookalikes in a movie, but it would be such an insider to the tight lrr community

i totally wish i went to lrr-con
(looked like there was a majority of guys.. XP heheh)
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 01 Sep 2008, 23:28

So, who's that D&D playing guy who isn't in the credits the for any of these videos?

He seems like a pretty cool guy.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 Sep 2008, 01:10

Jer wrote:So, who's that D&D playing guy who isn't in the credits the for any of these videos?

I think his name's Jack, or Gerald, or something

:P
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 02 Sep 2008, 03:16

Jer wrote:So, who's that D&D playing guy who isn't in the credits the for any of these videos?

Awww Jer don't feel left out, I'm thinking of getting a pic taken like your avatar so I can convince you I can be your Double!! Also it's been a long time since I've played D&D but I still have the 3rd Edition core books, and all my D20... I've wanted to play but I don't have a DM. Do you want to be my DM? Or if you're not DMing, maybe I could get in on your games?

Also, I'm sooo jealous I didn't hear about PAX going on until you guys had your trip all planned out and ready to execute. I will definitely look into saving up some green to go next year, if only to be at LRRCon '09. Sooooo jealous.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 02 Sep 2008, 04:03

Master Gunner wrote:There are plans for another meeting of LRR fans early next year, likely in January or February. The awesomeness shall be spread!

Holy shit... a meetup that wouldn't class with my Uni schedule? Right in the middle of my summer holiday? Excuse to have holiday in BC? W00T!

Also, wtf is bacon salt? I've heard of a few kinds of salt, and have a liking for chicken salt... but I've never EVER heard of the bacon variety : |
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 02 Sep 2008, 04:11

This really does beg the question of how many Matts there are.

Forget the bears I'm worried about a Matt-a-like uprising!
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 02 Sep 2008, 04:17

See, as far as "LRRCon" went, I had envisioned something a bit more...er...planned. And in Victoria.

Oh well, maybe next year.
Radical Ans

Postby Radical Ans » 02 Sep 2008, 04:19

Only a little cup of syrup? That's kids stuff. You haven't lived until you've chugged (and then thrown up) an entire bottle of syrup. I speak from personal experience.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 02 Sep 2008, 13:08

Flewellyn wrote:See, as far as "LRRCon" went, I had envisioned something a bit more...er...planned. And in Victoria.

We only decided to call it LRRcon part way through the evening, mostly as a joke. Don't worry.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 02 Sep 2008, 13:35

Master Gunner wrote:There are plans for another meeting of LRR fans early next year, likely in January or February. The awesomeness shall be spread!

What event are you referring to?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 02 Sep 2008, 13:37

You guys weren't in the first one, and then I was just using auto-fill without thinking for the second and third. Oops.

Return to “Bonus Video”