Man Cooking - The Gigantor

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Nov 2008, 00:28

Oh.
Huh.

Well, he's normally quite good about that. Meh.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 28 Nov 2008, 00:36

salmonellosis is manly! HAAAAA
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 28 Nov 2008, 00:39

It's not even that big of a deal. You can eat bison and hamburger raw. I like mine still mooing.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 28 Nov 2008, 01:29

ok, lets review:
i cut the cheddar on the same board as meat. it gets covered in disease. THEN IT GETS COOKED. jesus, people. plus, it would have been super manly if i'd gotten salmonella poisoning, anyway.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 28 Nov 2008, 02:12

I wasn't too worried about the blood either since it was all clearly cooked to perfection. But I couldn't resist posting the screenshot.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Kitsune
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Kitsune » 28 Nov 2008, 07:17

That actually looks REALLY tasty! altho... take into consideration that i haven't had breakfast yet... :lol:
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Nov 2008, 08:18

Morgan wrote:ok, lets review:
i cut the cheddar on the same board as meat. it gets covered in disease. THEN IT GETS COOKED. jesus, people. plus, it would have been super manly if i'd gotten salmonella poisoning, anyway.

As a student of microbiology, I can tell you that simply melting the cheese would not kill all the bacteria, neither the Salmonella toxin nor ETEC.
You would have to pre-fry the cheese first.

Actually, fried cheese on top of the burger would be pretty manly.

FOODSAFE!!!
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 28 Nov 2008, 08:28

Sanitation = manly

Disease = manlier?
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 28 Nov 2008, 11:58

The meat in the shot is post-cooked Bacon. The cutting board is fine.
HomerTheBrave

Postby HomerTheBrave » 28 Nov 2008, 14:06

The thing is: You didn't use all the cheese. You put the cheese on the board to cut it, then put some back in the fridge, right?

You know what's more manly than getting sick with salmonella? Learning to dilute bleach so you can COMMIT GENOCIDE AGAINST MICROBES!!
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 28 Nov 2008, 14:10

what i really should have mentioned in my first post is that i have spent many years consuming raw/expired/diseased food products in an effort to develop a resistance to it. HAAAA!

Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 28 Nov 2008, 15:01

What is an acceptable manly substitute if you can't find bison? I'm considering hot Italian sausage. Sure, pig isn't as manly as bison, but the sausage comes with paprika and tastebud burning built in.

We need a chart that ranks everything on a manliness scale. I assume that will be in the index of the eventual Man Cooking Cookbook.
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 28 Nov 2008, 15:08

Yaxley wrote:We need a chart that ranks everything on a manliness scale. I assume that will be in the index of the eventual Man Cooking Cookbook.

Other than the Manliness-to-Largeliness scale, you mean?
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 28 Nov 2008, 15:25

DmitriW wrote:
Yaxley wrote:We need a chart that ranks everything on a manliness scale. I assume that will be in the index of the eventual Man Cooking Cookbook.

Other than the Manliness-to-Largeliness scale, you mean?

Right. Obviously a clove of elephant garlic is more manly than regular garlic, but is it more manly than two cloves of regular garlic? Are equal amounts of bison and bacon of equal manliness, or does one win out over the other? And if my meal is just shy of being sufficiently manly, how many shallots do I need to put it over the top?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Nov 2008, 15:35

Yaxley wrote:And if my meal is just shy of being sufficiently manly, how many shallots do I need to put it over the top?

TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
mechabuddha

Postby mechabuddha » 28 Nov 2008, 20:55

Herbs and spices are manly, Morgan should try using different ones.
mew4ever23
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby mew4ever23 » 29 Nov 2008, 15:08

Remember, food poisoning is not manly, so always clean your board and blade after cutting meat and before using it on anything else.
Also, I think the better way of cooking that would have been to use a barbecue. No other way could have been manly enough, or practical.... And I'm talking about a real barbecue, not one of those sissy indoor grills.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 29 Nov 2008, 20:43

Since 2 cloves of regular garlic are still not as large as 1 clove of Elephant garlic, I believe the Elephant Garlic is still manlier.

Also, the Mewphile is right. Charcoal grilling is manlier than gas grilling, which is manlier than frying in a pan.
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 30 Nov 2008, 00:55

Morgan wrote:what i really should have mentioned in my first post is that i have spent many years consuming raw/expired/diseased food products in an effort to develop a resistance to it. HAAAA!

Salmonella = Iocane powder?
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
RandomCheese

Postby RandomCheese » 30 Nov 2008, 06:44

Morgan wrote:what i really should have mentioned in my first post is that i have spent many years consuming raw/expired/diseased food products in an effort to develop a resistance to it. HAAAA!

What about Graham? He claims to have eaten some of the burger.
Low quality Youtube sketches? Amazing!
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 30 Nov 2008, 22:26

Yukikaze wrote:Charcoal grilling is manlier than gas grilling, which is manlier than frying in a pan.

Which is, in turn, manlier than steam cooking.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 01 Dec 2008, 04:57

If more people did that they wouldn't keep on getting sick from undercooked food.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Uh-oh

Postby empath » 02 Dec 2008, 14:40

Well, with erratic intarnets, I hadn't had a chance to actually sit down and watch Man Cooking until now, and I find there's a glitch with a 'pop-in' ad:

It has a green box also appear about middle top of the whole vid pane and slide left into the blank spot on the ad, and it loops. It's almost like there's the code for an ad to be put in here, but there's no actual AD the code is referencing. That and there's no apparent way to close the ad; it just covers over Morgan's face for the entire vid after the first five seconds (and I also wanted to get wistful reminiscence about 'Body Hair Morgan').
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 02 Dec 2008, 19:23

I notice you conspicuously hid the label of the HP Sauce.

This kind of surprises me, since you've previously gone further with the use of trademarked and copyrighted material in some of your parody videos.

In this case, I think showing the label would have been very safe, since:
1) Morgan was providing a review of the product, which is a good argument that the act is fair dealing.
2) Morgan was providing a positive review of the product, which would disincline the H.J. Heinz company from hassling you about it.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 03 Dec 2008, 12:13

robothero wrote:I notice you conspicuously hid the label of the HP Sauce.

This kind of surprises me, since you've previously gone further with the use of trademarked and copyrighted material in some of your parody videos.

In this case, I think showing the label would have been very safe, since:
1) Morgan was providing a review of the product, which is a good argument that the act is fair dealing.
2) Morgan was providing a positive review of the product, which would disincline the H.J. Heinz company from hassling you about it.

Morgan does say Houses of Parliment sauce, which falls under copyright. Since he was praising it, they probably won't care. They won't care anyway.

Return to “Bonus Video”