Phailhaüs - 19

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 04 Feb 2009, 00:43

In Bruges was an awesome movie but not what I was expecting.

Fucking Bruges.

(edit - this is my 2500th post)
Last edited by Lord Chrusher on 04 Feb 2009, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Exachix
First Video: The Shavening

Postby Exachix » 04 Feb 2009, 02:38

Concerning the smash glass to get hammer to smash glass... they're everywhere here!! AHH!!
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 04 Feb 2009, 03:06

Exachix wrote:Concerning the smash glass to get hammer to smash glass... they're everywhere here!! AHH!!

on ours the hammers just sit above the window with a security cord so you can't steal it or use it to bludgeon patrons. if you pull one out, it sets off an incredibly loud alarm, which some stupid youths found out one day when i was on the bus. they denied they even did anything for a while, even though they were the only ones on the back seat. they were promptly yelled at and expelled from the bus.
good times.
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 04 Feb 2009, 04:01

Yeay Graham, and its seems most people on this thread (so far) have awesome film taste, In Brugges was so damn awesome!

And as I guy from England I can safely say that yes we do have hammers on our person at all times, for any foriegn people coming to our island shouting "Hammer Time!" means something completely different to what you intend it to.........

Also Graham must burn for choosing Iron Man!

Only Kidding

*Lights pitchforks and arms angry mob with torches*
In England.........

Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 04 Feb 2009, 04:09

masamune wrote:[if you pull one out, it sets off an incredibly loud alarm

Hrm, eh? Good God I hope that doesn't happen while I'm on a bus, and my traveling via public transport has become much, MUCH more frequent now.

*Shakes fist and voice ages eighty years*
Damn kids!
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Feb 2009, 05:03

Was that Word o' the Day effect intentional or technically-flawed? :?
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 04 Feb 2009, 05:05

.. and only the one, true Phailmeister could have given us a whole year of such Phailery. Thanks

If the cold weather is getting you down, just come over here during winter. You instantly get worshipped by we, the mere and meek people of Australia, and feel warmer. Just don't do the Brangelina and adopt a bus-orphan.. they like to set off alarms.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2009, 05:45

I'm not sure why but I seem to prefer Phailhaus when it is just Graham. Maybe it's to do with his being a dick persona that he can get away with anything.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Isiah_Jenner

Postby Isiah_Jenner » 04 Feb 2009, 06:23

More fail, Huzzah!
Four more years!Four more years!Four more years!Four more years!Four more years!
"The bureaucracy is expanding, in order to accommodate the needs of the expanding bureaucracy"
-unknown(civ 4)

"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?"
-Mal and Wash, Serenity
goat

Postby goat » 04 Feb 2009, 06:53

Oliin, I don't think it was the advertising that killed 'Be Kind, Rewind'...

For those who are interested, here's the slightly suspect picture of the pigeon guy's rig (apparently still on the poor fellow):

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2009/02/03/Man_caught_smuggling_pigeons_in_underwear

I mean really, you've just been busted for smuggling pigeons in your pants, and now the police feel it's necessary to photograph you with your pants around your ankles and document your leg-forest. That's just adding hilarity to injury.

In other news, there's a tortoise museum?

Also, HAPPY NEW PHAIL-YEARS DAY!
Canonfoder

Postby Canonfoder » 04 Feb 2009, 06:55

Lyinginbedmon wrote:Was that Word o' the Day effect intentional or technically-flawed? :?

Seconded. At first i thought it was just my computer but it keeps happening...

I love you too Graham, that is why I stalk your sister instead of you. Whoa Phail 11 Flashback. I'm kidding Graham KIDDING!
_ArK_

Postby _ArK_ » 04 Feb 2009, 07:13

Canonfoder wrote:I love you too Graham, that is why I stalk your sister instead of you. Whoa Phail 11 Flashback. I'm kidding Graham KIDDING!

Phail 11 was the best phail yet. IMO.
Shadowhunter

Postby Shadowhunter » 04 Feb 2009, 08:12

About those hammers.

The purpose of the hammer is to break the windows as they are a special toughened glass that is difficult to break without a tool.

The glass on the hammer is a specially prepared piece that is not only weak, it has a plastic coating on either side to prevent small pieces of glass cutting anyone breaking it.

There is logic!!!
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 04 Feb 2009, 08:18

Shadowhunter wrote:About those hammers.

The purpose of the hammer is to break the windows as they are a special toughened glass that is difficult to break without a tool.

The glass on the hammer is a specially prepared piece that is not only weak, it has a plastic coating on either side to prevent small pieces of glass cutting anyone breaking it.

There is logic!!!

yeah we know. it's just funnier. like these pancakes i saw the other day. they were labeled: "apple and cinnamon pancakes with a hint of cinnamon."
we know what they mean, but it's so stupidly phrased it becomes funny.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 04 Feb 2009, 08:19

and ANOTHER serving of phail
i <3 u soo much Graham
Evisr

Postby Evisr » 04 Feb 2009, 08:25

Ahh its so good to see the Phailhaus back to my regular scheduled internet programming, I can now die happy.

Notes:

In Bruges - Agreed so awesome
Pigeons in pants - Maybe he tranquilized the birds... in his pants to get past security?
Love from Graham - <3 you too.

Lastly, I dunno if its just me, but when you did "Word of the Day" and put the graphic up in the video... well this happened..

Its like spazed out and looks like Graham is staring into my soul... Creepy. Graham, did you phail or was this supposed to happen?
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 04 Feb 2009, 08:36

_ArK_ wrote:
Canonfoder wrote:I love you too Graham, that is why I stalk your sister instead of you. Whoa Phail 11 Flashback. I'm kidding Graham KIDDING!

Phail 11 was the best phail yet. IMO.

i agree with both of u
maxx111

Postby maxx111 » 04 Feb 2009, 08:51

Oh god he's on to us.... *jumps out of window*
Keep up the good work!
Unless its bad work... stop that!
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 04 Feb 2009, 09:45

Evisr wrote:Lastly, I dunno if its just me, but when you did "Word of the Day" and put the graphic up in the video... well this happened..

Its like spazed out and looks like Graham is staring into my soul... Creepy. Graham, did you phail or was this supposed to happen?

That happened to me too. I assumed it was supposed to happen
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Oliin
First Video: How to Speak Like a Pirate

Postby Oliin » 04 Feb 2009, 09:46

goat wrote:Oliin, I don't think it was the advertising that killed 'Be Kind, Rewind'...
It certainly wasn't a film for everyone to be sure. It was billed as a somewhat typical Jack Black schtick, and he was certainly in there doing a more mellow take on his typical character. It seemed to me that the film focused more on Mos Def and relegated Jack Black to a general sidekick role, which somewhat changes the tone of the film. Then to muddy the waters further, the trailers make it look to be mostly about the weird film remakes they end up doing, but that's also a somewhat minor point compared to the general push of the film about a community coming together to support each other.

<shrug> I liked it, I certainly don't think it was the best film ever, but I also believe that improper advertising drew in the wrong viewer base which ended up hurting the film. Not 'killing' it, but it certainly didn't help matters any.
xgollum

woot

Postby xgollum » 04 Feb 2009, 11:19

yay graham! Yay beard! Yay phail!

I love you also, but in a very appropriate way.

As for watching me at night...yeah, sorry about what you had to see. We'll not speak of it.

BTW, graham, do you do anything to keep your beard soft and manageable? I find that when I'm in a relationship i'm generally ordered to tone back on the facial hair cuz of pokey/scrapey/prickly issues.
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 04 Feb 2009, 12:03

Could not agree more with the Iron Man thing, definatly my movie of the year
Evisr

Postby Evisr » 04 Feb 2009, 12:10

SamsonWest wrote:Could not agree more with the Iron Man thing, definatly my movie of the year

Actually that got me thinking, I guess Graham didn't like The Dark Knight as much as like everyone else and their children apparently loves. Wonder why
Fuzzyfreaker
First Video: CSI: CSI

Postby Fuzzyfreaker » 04 Feb 2009, 12:33

the amativeness wrote:First!

Tortoise Museum?

Yes. I've been there. It's on an island in Singapore called Saint John's Island. Tt's a small place with walking paths and a Buddhist temple that happens to be home to several rare species of tortoise. So it's not really a zoo, nor a museum, just more of a... tortoise filled temple.

It wouldn't really take much to steal them either, it's not guarded, empty at night, and there's really NOTHING ELSE on the island that people would see you and stop you, just need a boat. And some tortoise kennels. Or.... whatever you use.

P.S.- I would die in that bus.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Feb 2009, 12:51

Evisr wrote:
SamsonWest wrote:Could not agree more with the Iron Man thing, definatly my movie of the year

Actually that got me thinking, I guess Graham didn't like The Dark Knight as much as like everyone else and their children apparently loves. Wonder why

Don't get me wrong, I loved The Dark Knight, but I was more entertained by Iron Man.

I am also upset that (despite delivering what is an Oscar-worthy performance) Heath Ledger will win Best Supporting Actor because he died, and not because of his acting.

Return to “Bonus Video”