Phailhaüs - 19

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 04 Feb 2009, 13:00

Brilliant phail as usual sir.

Why were you sans Matt this time? Conscious decision? Or did he have better things to do again?
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 04 Feb 2009, 13:19

My friends and I frequently watch apple movie trailers which is how we found out about In Bruges...

you feel kinda bad about laughing at certain parts of that movie... but they're still so funny!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 04 Feb 2009, 13:24

Jillers wrote:
Evisr wrote:Lastly, I dunno if its just me, but when you did "Word of the Day" and put the graphic up in the video... well this happened..

Its like spazed out and looks like Graham is staring into my soul... Creepy. Graham, did you phail or was this supposed to happen?

That happened to me too. I assumed it was supposed to happen

Knowing Graham, it was a filming error that he kept because of how flipping SWEET it looked.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
theashigaru
First Video: The Con

Postby theashigaru » 04 Feb 2009, 13:53

Well he should keep doing it if possible. It's a great effect for it!
Is it safe?
goat

Postby goat » 04 Feb 2009, 14:07

Oliin wrote:
goat wrote:Oliin, I don't think it was the advertising that killed 'Be Kind, Rewind'...
It certainly wasn't a film for everyone to be sure. It was billed as a somewhat typical Jack Black schtick, and he was certainly in there doing a more mellow take on his typical character. It seemed to me that the film focused more on Mos Def and relegated Jack Black to a general sidekick role, which somewhat changes the tone of the film. Then to muddy the waters further, the trailers make it look to be mostly about the weird film remakes they end up doing, but that's also a somewhat minor point compared to the general push of the film about a community coming together to support each other.

True enough, but the storyline felt hashed together to me. Like it was sort of secondary to the making movies gimmick. It just didn't stick for me, nor did I get the impression that it stuck for most of the rest of the audiences, but I'm glad it worked for someone :) (it really was kind of a cute idea).

And so long as I'm here, I'll pour some addition generic adulation on Iron Man. *generic adulation*
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Feb 2009, 14:28

theashigaru wrote:Well he should keep doing it if possible. It's a great effect for it!

I wish I could! I only just noticed it.

I did this one solo intentionally. In deference to other shows, The Phailhaus special events have less special guests.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 04 Feb 2009, 14:36

StoneageRocker wrote:*Lights pitchforks and arms angry mob with torches*

Wait, what?
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 04 Feb 2009, 14:52

So I just watched In Bruges, that was fantastic! Some of the darkest humor I've ever seen, but pretty great.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 04 Feb 2009, 15:01

JesterJ. wrote:So I just watched In Bruges, that was fantastic! Some of the darkest humor I've ever seen, but pretty great.

as i said to ohmegeeitssarah on aim

i feel horrible about that
its about bruges i guess?
its known around the globe apparently
and im from belgium and ive never heard about it? o_O;
DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 04 Feb 2009, 16:07

Must...rephrain...from...overstating...Ah screw it:

-I'm glad we had this talk too. Happy birthday Phailhaüs!
-If there are two of you, and each has a beard, doesn't that technically make it phour people (1 beard = 1 human)?
-I love Phallout, but I still put it behind MGS4, Resistance2, and LBP in my games list. And by god I want an Intelligence bobblehead now!
-It was Iron Man or Dark Knight. I prepherred the latter, personally. Still, good choice.
-I have never heard of In Bruges until now. I will look that up. LRR, a place to learn of stuphph...& such. My vote goes to Passchendaele (another great movie!)
-Now that I have listened to Girl Talk, I understand your choice.
-They named the statue for the popular Apple product, the Iran.
-My pal Jonny and I do that irony thing on a daily basis! Now I know I'm hated :(
-Yay turtles (Pssst it was me)! I once met a two-headed one. He is my phriend.
-I hope those pigeons weren't hungry... :shock:
-At least you have public transport! We're just getting ours back after a long and unnecessary strike. Also my solution would be a wrench (Understanding oph this joke requires a level 3 humor and knowledge of Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando)
-Yay I'm loved again! And I watch you during the whole day. It's a phull time job.
-Hurray phor phail!

In case you were wondering I write these long texts due to my incapability to talk uninterrupted in real life. The more you know.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2009, 16:17

I think you've mispelt Paschendale.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Feb 2009, 16:21

Elomin Sha wrote:I think you've misspelled Paschendale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Passchendaele
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2009, 16:24

Graham wrote:
Elomin Sha wrote:I think you've misspelled Paschendale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Passchendaele

My bad, I think the Iron Maiden song I have was mistyped.

Edit: Um no it wasn't...uh I'm so confused tonight.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Feb 2009, 16:31

Iron Maiden's song is about that battle, but they spelled it differently.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2009, 16:36

I should have known really, I have some interest in the history of WWI. Thanks for the correction on my spelling too, my school never did allow for help.
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 04 Feb 2009, 16:58

Hurray, now everyone has learned something today! And ps I made sure I got the spelling right as I have the dvd right next to me at the moment because I am also a WWI enthusiast. :wink:
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2009, 17:00

I'm a bit of a Battle of Britain nut.
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 04 Feb 2009, 17:31

Graham, I have to say that I agree with you, Feed the Animals IS Amazing, I must have listened to that album at least 15 times... this according to my Last.Fm XD
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 04 Feb 2009, 18:32

Oh. How sweet. I watch you at night, too. I suppose that means I watch you watching me.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 04 Feb 2009, 18:54

I saw this thread earlier, but I assumed that everyone was talking about jokes I just simply didn't get from a previous episode.

Later, on Twitter, I saw that there was a new Phailhaus. And then things made more sense.

I mention this not to highlight my ignorance, which is doing quite well on its own, thank you, but to note once again that the Twitter updates about new videos are actually helpful.
What?

Postby What? » 04 Feb 2009, 20:59

Graham wrote:
Evisr wrote:
SamsonWest wrote:Could not agree more with the Iron Man thing, definatly my movie of the year

Actually that got me thinking, I guess Graham didn't like The Dark Knight as much as like everyone else and their children apparently loves. Wonder why

Don't get me wrong, I loved The Dark Knight, but I was more entertained by Iron Man.

I am also upset that (despite delivering what is an Oscar-worthy performance) Heath Ledger will win Best Supporting Actor because he died, and not because of his acting.

I'll have to second this. Although, am I the only one who thout Aaron Eckhart did a better job then Heath Ledger in this movie?

Oh, and totally agree vis-a-vis Dark Knight vs. Iron Man. Although my personal GOTY is Disgaea 3. Geek Humour FTW!
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 04 Feb 2009, 21:23

Nah...

My MOTY:BB = Wall-E. Others mentioned were awesome movies, no doubt, but I'm a sucker for Pixar. Look at all that they did with so little dialog. AWESOME!
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 04 Feb 2009, 22:11

Now, I effin loved all the movies mentioned (that I've seen), but my movie of the year was Hamlet 2, hands down. Of course, Blockbuster-wise, I have to agree with 2stepz: Wall-E.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Oliin
First Video: How to Speak Like a Pirate

Postby Oliin » 04 Feb 2009, 22:41

Oh good lord, I rented Hamlet 2 the other day and it was hysterical. It was another slightly oddly promoted film ... I noticed a lot of them last year (not to say it doesn't happen a lot, just I've not noticed it much before).
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 04 Feb 2009, 23:00

Oliin wrote:Oh good lord, I rented Hamlet 2 the other day and it was hysterical. It was another slightly oddly promoted film ... I noticed a lot of them last year (not to say it doesn't happen a lot, just I've not noticed it much before).

Yeah, if you went by the previews, you would think that the entire movie was about making Hamlet 2, which it isn't...
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~

Return to “Bonus Video”