Phailhaüs - 19

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
SilentBobCDN

Postby SilentBobCDN » 05 Feb 2009, 00:10

Ok, I clearly don't understand something about Wall-E. I've watched it, on blu-ray, and it was gorgeous, no doubt. It was a good movie, no doubt. But blockbuster-of-the-year? What I don't understand is how people think it was <exaggeration>the greatest thing ever made on any form of media ever</exaggeration>. Sure its a sign of what can be done with animation and such, but I still don't get it.

Maybe it was overhyped for me.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Feb 2009, 07:27

The only problem with Wall.e was there was too much talking and the inclusion of the humans.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 05 Feb 2009, 07:42

Elomin Sha wrote:The only problem with Wall.e was there was too much talking and the inclusion of the humans.

agreed. great social commentary, though. i laughed.
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 05 Feb 2009, 09:33

Dominic Appleguard wrote:
StoneageRocker wrote:*Lights pitchforks and arms angry mob with torches*

Wait, what?

Yep you heard me right!
In England.........

MrDys

Postby MrDys » 05 Feb 2009, 10:55

Graham wrote:I am also upset that (despite delivering what is an Oscar-worthy performance) Heath Ledger will win Best Supporting Actor because he died, and not because of his acting.

The open secret about the Oscars is that winning an Oscar is actually for your body of work, and not necessarily the specific performance. (ex. Jeremy Irons won largely for his work in Dead Ringers, rather than Reversal of Fortune.) So, I would imagine Ledger's performance in Brokeback would have as much to do with his winning as his performance in The Dark Ka-niggit.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Feb 2009, 11:25

MrDys wrote:
Graham wrote:I am also upset that (despite delivering what is an Oscar-worthy performance) Heath Ledger will win Best Supporting Actor because he died, and not because of his acting.

The open secret about the Oscars is that winning an Oscar is actually for your body of work, and not necessarily the specific performance. (ex. Jeremy Irons won largely for his work in Dead Ringers, rather than Reversal of Fortune.) So, I would imagine Ledger's performance in Brokeback would have as much to do with his winning as his performance in The Dark Ka-niggit.

I don't think quoting two films would be enough. I know he was also in Knight's Tale which I enjoyed but I haven't seen his Ned Kelly film yet but want to.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
SilentBobCDN

Postby SilentBobCDN » 05 Feb 2009, 14:01

Elomin Sha wrote:The only problem with Wall.e was there was too much talking and the inclusion of the humans.

I think i had said that about transformers and the AvP movies actually... well, the 'inclusion of the humans' part anyway.
Zombie Cat
Location: Evanston, IL, also known as te part of Chicago no one wants to talk about

Postby Zombie Cat » 05 Feb 2009, 15:15

Graham wrote:
theashigaru wrote:Well he should keep doing it if possible. It's a great effect for it!

I wish I could! I only just noticed it.

based on what the word was, i thought that was intentional
RAWR!
ImageImageImage
Wrai

Postby Wrai » 05 Feb 2009, 16:04

SilentBobCDN wrote:

I think i had said that about transformers and the AvP movies actually... well, the 'inclusion of the humans' part anyway.

Then it is agreed. Human's should not be included in movies.

...Man, that would make so many so better.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 Feb 2009, 16:50

Wrai wrote:
SilentBobCDN wrote:

Then it is agreed. Human's should not be included in movies.

...Man, that would make so many so better.
What about Christian Bale?

Then again, he kind of borders of on the very edge of inhuman, with his acting abilities...
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 05 Feb 2009, 20:14

Graham wrote:I did this one solo intentionally. In deference to other shows, The Phailhaus special events have less special guests.

So does this mean that the more guests you have, the less special it becomes? Would an episode with five or six guests become the most ordinary, humdrum Phailhaus ever?
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 05 Feb 2009, 20:49

Graham wrote:...I'm not a fan of Bush in any form...

Must not make dirty joke...
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Feb 2009, 22:59

DmitriW wrote:

You say that like you're reading something into it. Take it at face value.
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 05 Feb 2009, 23:01

Graham wrote:
DmitriW wrote:

I know. 'twas a poor attempt at humor.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Feb 2009, 23:09

DmitriW wrote:
Graham wrote:
DmitriW wrote:

I know. 'twas a poor attempt at humor.

No worries! I'm just saying you didn't need to, because it was intended to be a double-entendre.
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 05 Feb 2009, 23:13

Oh, you scared me for a minute there, Graham. For a moment, I thought you'd sincerely overlooked a sexual innuendo in one of your own videos...
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 06 Feb 2009, 10:13

I just can't stop watch the dance-off between Grahams above me. I don't even know what they're talking about.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 06 Feb 2009, 11:30

My money's on green shirt Graham.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Feb 2009, 11:37

Green jumper Graham still makes me laugh to this day.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 06 Feb 2009, 11:38

That which brings the greatest happiness :roll:
Arkenighte

Postby Arkenighte » 06 Feb 2009, 13:10

To the video's author:
- I didn't know whether I should just leave a comment or send you an e-mail, but I guess you can see what my decision was -

First, let me express my gratitude. I recently discovered LoadingReadRun when I tracked back Unskipped on TheEscapist and so I also discovered almost every single video on this website makes me laugh out loud - which has become quiet rare in the last time ;P
Thank you (and the rest of LoadingReadyRun) for your work! I really appreciate it.

But aside of that I want to leave a more specific comment on Phailhaüs. I really like that show's style - the ph is awesome, don't question its might - and the jokes are hilarious.
Since I'm from Germany (I come in peace!) it was fun to notice references like "Phailhaüs" itself (Although here in Germany we actually write it with a normal u because ü sounds even more different from the English u, but I guess then "Phailhaus" it would sound VERY strange) or "Grosser Bruder is watching you" (If I recall correctly).
Now if you want to keep up those references from time to time, maybe you don't want to rely on Babelfish translations.
What I'm trying to state over 50 lines is that if you need something translated in German or any other possible support, just lift a finger and let me know through this philarious thing called internet.

Have a nice day, everyone!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Feb 2009, 14:48

I just finished watching In Bruges, and I have to agree, it is an amazing movie. Not quite sure what specifically to think about it, but it is beautiful, and awesome, and is not in any way an action movie.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Feb 2009, 17:35

Welcome to the forums, Arkenighte! Hope you stick around.

I also saw In Bruges on Graham's recommendation. Have I said that yet? If I have, it's worth saying again: In Bruges is awesome, and Colin Farrell is great.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009

Return to “Bonus Video”