SSF4 : It has begun.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Shea

SSF4 : It has begun.

Postby Shea » 08 Oct 2009, 17:31

Okay so, Street Fighter 4 is awesome. That's all well and good but, do you remember how when Street Fighters 2, Alpha, and 3 had about five hundred thousand different versions of each with fairly light differences between them.

Well... Guess what? At TGS '09 SUPER Street Fighter 4 was announced! And so far it has rebalanced characters (Take that Ken players!), tweaked graphics, and T.Hawk.

Does this mean that Street Fighter 4 is going to have endless releases as well? And if so, couldn't they do this shit with DLC or an update instead of making me pay 60 more dollars for is basically the same game?
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
kilgr20
First Video: Halo

Re: SSF4 : It has begun.

Postby kilgr20 » 09 Oct 2009, 07:45

Shea wrote:Okay so, Street Fighter 4 is awesome. That's all well and good but, do you remember how when Street Fighters 2, Alpha, and 3 had about five hundred thousand different versions of each with fairly light differences between them.

Well... Guess what? At TGS '09 SUPER Street Fighter 4 was announced! And so far it has rebalanced characters (Take that Ken players!), tweaked graphics, and T.Hawk.

Does this mean that Street Fighter 4 is going to have endless releases as well? And if so, couldn't they do this shit with DLC or an update instead of making me pay 60 more dollars for is basically the same game?

They haven't set a price for SSF4 but they've already said its unlikely that it will be full retail price, but there's too much content to have as a DLC item as well. (Do you really want to download like 8gigs worth of updates?)
If you watch the movie 'Jaws' backwards, its a movie about a shark that keeps throwing up people until they have to open a beach.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 09 Oct 2009, 08:15

I read this on CAD and he said that "People who have kept their Street Fighter 4 will be thankful they did." Nothing more was said on that matter.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 09 Oct 2009, 08:22

IT CAN'T BE DONE AS DLC. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP BITCHING ABOUT THIS!
They've already stated it's not going to be priced as a full game, and people who already OWN SF4 will be getting something extra.

Also: Ken isn't that good, so I don't see why he needs any rebalancing. Sagat needs some toning down, but what other nerfs/buffs they're going to be handing out is beyond me. The game is pretty damned balanced as is.
kilgr20

Postby kilgr20 » 09 Oct 2009, 08:27

Brinson wrote:IT CAN'T BE DONE AS DLC. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP BITCHING ABOUT THIS!
They've already stated it's not going to be priced as a full game, and people who already OWN SF4 will be getting something extra.

Also: Ken isn't that good, so I don't see why he needs any rebalancing. Sagat needs some toning down, but what other nerfs/buffs they're going to be handing out is beyond me. The game is pretty damned balanced as is.

Uhh... I think the only thing they need to do is remove Seth or make him less of the biggest douchebag ever. (single and versus)
If you watch the movie 'Jaws' backwards, its a movie about a shark that keeps throwing up people until they have to open a beach.
wedrinkritalin

Postby wedrinkritalin » 09 Oct 2009, 10:14

I think ken is the tiniest bit OPed, that shoryuken can be spammed quite easily with little counters for it. Can't wait for this really, if only dudley or Q came back
kilgr20

Postby kilgr20 » 09 Oct 2009, 10:30

wedrinkritalin wrote:I think ken is the tiniest bit OPed, that shoryuken can be spammed quite easily with little counters for it. Can't wait for this really, if only dudley or Q came back

If you're having issues with getting caught with SRK's then just wait block and counter with a throw or a jab into a combo.

Line up is already confirmed with Dudley (Dudley is best SF character ever) I'm not sure if Q is going to be back but damn I really with they brought back Q.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkg2XPJaAsE Twelve Dance
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 31 Mar 2010, 08:33

Just bringing this thread back. Any players on XBL want to play a few games of SF4? I haven't played it much since I broke my hand late last year, but I've really been meaning to get back into it. I'm not a great player by any means, but I really want to learn the game.

XBL tag is Plugasauras
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 31 Mar 2010, 09:21

Is there any more news on this game?

Update: Found some information. April 27th for North America, April 30th for Europe.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Kag

Postby Kag » 31 Mar 2010, 13:51

The only thing that isn't mind-blowingly awesome about it is that "Indestructible" won't be making a return. That's the news.

Any players on XBL want to play a few games of SF4?

Apparently my save got deleted, but sure. My tag is Reruns.

Return to “Video Games”