Demon's Soul

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
kilgr20
First Video: Halo

Demon's Soul

Postby kilgr20 » 09 Oct 2009, 07:44

Anyone got this game yet or had a chance to play some yet?

I've been looking at this game very seriously as it seems like a really fun and rewarding game to play though. I'm a little on the fence with it though since I've heard its really hard.
If you watch the movie 'Jaws' backwards, its a movie about a shark that keeps throwing up people until they have to open a beach.
RainbowToeSocks

Re: Demon's Soul

Postby RainbowToeSocks » 10 Oct 2009, 21:03

Ive been playing it for the last few hours

So. Good.

Quite tough though. You should definitely get it.
Only thing I don't like about it is that theres no voice chat :(
Polycyclohexylene Dimethylene Terephthalate
ExtraSensory
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby ExtraSensory » 23 Oct 2009, 02:37

I haven't bought it. I'm slightly scared to.
Everyone I have talked to says almost the exact same thing. First they tell me how great it is, and how deep and interesting it is, then they tell me how ridiculously hard it is, and then they tell me I have to buy it.
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 23 Oct 2009, 03:24

I've been playing it kinda on and off since it came out. Mostly because of Uncharted 2.

I like what I've played other than I don't seem to understand it. When you start the game, you only have access to one dungeon, but at a certain point I find myself against enemies I can't seem to beat, so my progress seems to have halted.

I don't know how to increase my level, there's no weapons or armour available that are markedly improved over what I started with. It doesn't seem to allow you to sell anything.

I don't think I'll find the motivation to get anywhere in the game. I enjoy the game play and the atmosphere but it all just seems ardently restrictive for the sake of it.

I'd recommend a rental, not a purchase.
kilgr20
First Video: Halo

Postby kilgr20 » 29 Oct 2009, 16:58

I bought it yesterday sunk about 5 hours into it and managed to take out the 1st boss and unlock a wide selection of levels.

I really quite enjoy it, I can see my self playing it for quite a while as it has so much gameplay to it. Kind of feels like a Castlevania or Zelda game but really hard.
If you watch the movie 'Jaws' backwards, its a movie about a shark that keeps throwing up people until they have to open a beach.

Return to “Video Games”