Now that you've played Borderlands...

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
RobertMc123

Re: Now that you've played Borderlands...

Postby RobertMc123 » 26 Oct 2009, 13:03

So far in the game I have been following mostly the mission progression and I will get to a point where I see a mission is 2 levels ahead of me and I think "Oh fudge, how do I beat that" then realise there are side missions to do and toddle off to do them. I haven't had a moment of boredom in the game yet which says a lot for a game that is all about grinding.
Dr. Atrocity

Postby Dr. Atrocity » 26 Oct 2009, 14:07

RobertMc123 wrote:So far in the game I have been following mostly the mission progression and I will get to a point where I see a mission is 2 levels ahead of me and I think "Oh fudge, how do I beat that" then realise there are side missions to do and toddle off to do them. I haven't had a moment of boredom in the game yet which says a lot for a game that is all about grinding.

That's sort of annoyed me. There are no side missions. There are things dressed up as side missions but aren't because you have to do them or else be too weak to handle the next quest mission. Side missions should be entirely optional.

As soon as I stopped thinking about them as 'side missions', the frustration went away. Now I just think of them as 'arbitrary game lengtheners'.

Wait, that's not better..
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Oct 2009, 14:34

I like to think of them as "thinly-veiled excuses for shooting things/people in the face, and also siccing my eagle on them."
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 26 Oct 2009, 18:47

metcarfre wrote:I like to think of them as "thinly-veiled excuses for shooting things/people in the face, and also siccing my eagle on them."

I call mine Acid Flappy
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 26 Oct 2009, 22:12

Graham arrived back in town with a copy for me (he had to go all the way to Philly to find a copy) and me and Adam played it for a couple hours this evening. So far I am really enjoying it. Between this, Torchlight and Modern Warfare 2 I will have more than enough to hold me over for the next couple months.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 27 Oct 2009, 01:14

Well, i've spent about 7 or 8 hours playing it on PC since it was released today. Good times have been had. Level 15 soldier.

And other than the fact that the PC version is riddled with bugs, so far it's pretty good.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
Dr. Atrocity

Postby Dr. Atrocity » 27 Oct 2009, 12:04

Gotten to level 22 and I have to say, the glamour is wearing off. Vehicle combat is a real chore.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 29 Oct 2009, 11:38

Hey guys, I just got back from Focus testing at Gearbox Software. I'm not allowed to say anything of course. Just know that I really enjoyed what I played.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 29 Oct 2009, 12:31

Got my PC copy the day it came out and managed to get a 18 siren and 15 hunter (in between 20 attempts on the hardest boss in WoW) before I went to sleep.

Haven't run into too many bugs on the pc, other than occasionally getting stuck on things, the easiest solution seems to be just go back to the main menu and reloading the file. The game seems to save quest/item progress more than just when you pass checkpoints :?

Or if you're really afraid of losing progress (and not money), you can always hurl some grenades at your feet
and now; back to me.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 29 Oct 2009, 14:07

Most of the bugs I've experienced have been things like not being able to connect to multiplayer games, people not being able to connect to mine, Game crashes, random bouts of laggy where normally everything is fine. Not talking about times where you'd expect it, like lots of explosions, lots of people/mobs in the area. Just random walking around and the game grinds to a halt for 30 seconds or so.

If you check out their PC technical support forum, it's kind of nuts how many people are having issues.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
Genghis Ares

Postby Genghis Ares » 29 Oct 2009, 22:45

I've only had the game freeze on me twice on 360 in co-op, but otherwise it's been great.
Dr. Atrocity

Postby Dr. Atrocity » 30 Oct 2009, 04:50

As someone who primarily plays single player (so ronrey ;_;) Borderlands is increasingly apparent as some kind of co-op game. The sort of thing where yes you can do the single player but that's not what the point is.

Single player combat is dull and repetitive.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 30 Oct 2009, 06:32

I'd love to try co-op so I can have/be a gunner in vehicular combat. It's a serious disadvantage. Everyone's either lower or higher than me in level though *insert sad face*. (hunter up to lvl. 22 now). I'm not playing this weekend, though, so maybe some folks will catch up to me... and most likely pass me.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 30 Oct 2009, 08:34

myself and james are level 15ish, having amassive borderlands session on sunday. soldier and beserker classes.
Genghis Ares

Postby Genghis Ares » 31 Oct 2009, 03:14

As of now:
Siren 29
Hunter 27
Soldier 14

add me is you want some co-op, if I'm on, feel free to message me.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 31 Oct 2009, 12:24

Beat it yesterday morning. Looking forward to new game plus. Lvl 36 soldier when I beat it. Had been using the same SMG for the past 11 levels.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 31 Oct 2009, 16:20

You people put far more time into your games than I do. Still lvl. 22 on my sole character.
Dr. Atrocity

Postby Dr. Atrocity » 31 Oct 2009, 16:47

Got bored with Borderlands so tried a different game.

Different game was Bionic Commando.

Going back to Borderlands....
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 31 Oct 2009, 21:40

I f anyone needs the "play a game with someone who has this achievement" hit me up, I snagged it off of Graham the other day. Bought him a combat rifle called Genocide Stomper as thanks. Level 39ish Hunter, need some different people to party with, my buddy is kinda a loot whore. Let me at LEAST LOOK at the stuff first.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
MaybeNotMan

Postby MaybeNotMan » 01 Nov 2009, 18:22

Jesus the stores around my area has like 54 copies. They only sold 11 of them on the first day it was here. I played it. All I can say is my Mordecai has a DREAD HAWK. Much funs.
IsnaneSavant, Dr.Bad Thought, Maybenotman, so many nicknames I may as well add Deep Throat to the list...
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 01 Nov 2009, 19:01

MINE'S STILL COMING FROM THE LAND OF TEA AND SCONES. stupid royal mail strikes.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 01 Nov 2009, 23:45

I played it for a couple hours last night. Its pretty fun. Got a 11 Berserker. I like punching things.

Anybody else get that bug at the beginning before you open up Zed's place? Robot just sat there and did nothing. Happened to a friend twice and once to me. Really sucks.
Image Image Image
Wrayman140

Postby Wrayman140 » 02 Nov 2009, 07:41

Level 50 Berserker, 1000G, Level 20 Soldier, Level 22 Hunter and Level 5 Siren. I spend 50 hours playing over 5 days. 100% worth it. Can't wait for DLC - Dr (Ned? Zed? Ted? I forget)'s Zombie Island. Looks like fun!
Feltic
First Video: CH episode 5 or 6

Postby Feltic » 02 Nov 2009, 10:05

Yeah... couple dozen hours later I'm loving it, and plan to keep loving it. If anyone is still on the edge I'd recommend it fully. Each and every class is a bunch of fun in surprisingly different ways.
-Feltic

'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do.'
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 04 Nov 2009, 21:33

level 37 soldier, Kaenon is my name for multiplayer (on PC). ill add you pc guys if you post your name.

Return to “Video Games”