Dragon Age: Origins

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Hannah
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Postby Hannah » 14 Jan 2010, 08:47

whyarecarrots wrote:
Mancomb Seepgood wrote:
The one proble I've found is that there is a lack of health potions. The shops don't seem to restock and there are currently 0 available in Ferelden! Which is a pain as I'm on the final part.

The crafting materials to make lesser health poultices can be bought very cheaply from varathorn (for the elfroot) and the camp trader (for the flasks), and if you have the patience to keep clicking several hundred times you'll have more than enough health poultices.

True, but by the last half of the game, lesser health poultices barely do anything for the warriors in your party. By the time they health whatever health they can (while in battle) they're probably even worse off. Plus, the whole "patience" bit is a little unappealing, haha.
"Oh no, not again."
whyarecarrots

Postby whyarecarrots » 14 Jan 2010, 15:06

Well, it does require the occasional normal health poultice (more expensive to craft) and then use Morrigan for the occasional healing spell: I still get through these things ridiculously quickly though...
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Real men don't sleep!

INSOMNIA IS MANLY! HAAAH!
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 16 Jan 2010, 22:13

i just finished this game.

meh
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 17 Jan 2010, 10:27

Cybren wrote:i just finished this game.

meh

Meh? Really? That's all?

That was one of the most 'epic' ending cutscenes ever! It was like all, 'grawr!' and 'pshooo!' and 'shpooo!' and 'wawawawa' and 'KABOOM!'

...It was a very good ending. Epic 'final blow' without a doubt.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
Robert Merlow
First Video: Phailhaus 11

Postby Robert Merlow » 17 Jan 2010, 12:30

This game is very much epic. I downloaded some mods to improve the tactics system and a few other combat elements and now it's almost perfect. Now for more mods...

Oh, and I'm on my second Runthrough with another Mage, only Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage instead of Arcane Warrior/Spirit Healer. Arcane Warrior is so boss, I never leave home without it.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 17 Jan 2010, 16:35

It was trying really hard to be epic.

But it wasn't. (also, i found it hilarious that Wynne got the kill animation on the archdemon since i made her an arcane warrior)

It was meh through and through. A thoroughly average game. No, that's not right.

I applaud bioware for making a 50 hour 'epic RPG' that is completely devoid of an antagonist or cli... story structure. It was extremely ambitious and showed serious balls.
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 02 Feb 2010, 10:59

I can't beat the stupid Archdemon, I'm guessing I made some mistakes while choosing my characters and now I'm paying the price >.<

Anybody else had trouble with the Archdemon?
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 02 Feb 2010, 11:05

wilson_x1999 wrote:I can't beat the stupid Archdemon, I'm guessing I made some mistakes while choosing my characters and now I'm paying the price >.<

Anybody else had trouble with the Archdemon?

Look on your map. There's a clue.

Spoiler: Use the ballistas.

Good luck.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
mr_mike_2
First Video: Ways to hide a Body

Postby mr_mike_2 » 04 Feb 2010, 20:05

I played it 3 times until I some how gliched it and when I went to kill it after weakening is it fell over dead.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 05 Feb 2010, 00:03

It could mean a mage got the last hit with the staff. Or an arrow finished it off.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 07 May 2010, 01:34

So May 18th, a new DLC comes out where we actually get to play as the Darkspawn. A "What If?" scenario where our hero actually dies right at the start. It's going to be quite cheap too. £4/$5 or so.

I can't imagine it being as big as the main game but just going through key points. Still, I'll definitely be buying this one.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Snowfire
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Snowfire » 07 May 2010, 09:09

If it's only £4/5 then I think it's probably worth it, just to see what its like.
Juliamon: Snowfire you are a gentleman and a scholar and a brilliant troll. I salute you.

D`Archangel: Snowfire: Your use of SPACE BID proves that you are a strong, adult woman. I am so, so proud of you. <--- Is actually male
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 19 May 2010, 10:04

£3.10 for us. Also just finished it. Slightly disappointed. I knew it wouldn't be grandiose but I was expecting a bit more.

You don't see the cinematic of the death of the Grey Wardens at the start. You're thrown right into Denerim at the end. From there, you just trail through sludges of innocents and your old heroes. (That part actually horrified me more than I thought.)

I have to admit, controlling an ogre and a few other darkspawn were fun too. However, we can't actually play as the Archdemon. No huge war either. No hunting down hundreds of recruited armies to get to the Grey Wardens. Just rush right in and finish them off. Once that's done, no big dramatic outro of what happens next. Just... ends. So I don't know what happens. Do outsiders across the ocean come to save the day? Do they conquer the world? What happens? They really left us hanging here.

Oh and new sword for your troubles that can be used in Origins or Awakenings. It's a Dragonbone longsword with a few stats. One of them caught my eye. Poison: Venom. No idea what that was.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Snowfire
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Snowfire » 20 May 2010, 12:23

Ak, that sucks a bit. I mean, I wasn't expecting any sort of major thing, but I thought it would have had a bit more then the Final Battle at Denerim.
Juliamon: Snowfire you are a gentleman and a scholar and a brilliant troll. I salute you.

D`Archangel: Snowfire: Your use of SPACE BID proves that you are a strong, adult woman. I am so, so proud of you. <--- Is actually male

Return to “Video Games”