Co-op Gaming.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Co-op Gaming.

Postby Trymantha » 22 Dec 2009, 13:14

Am i the only one who does not like Co-op in games?

Some games it works fair enough, but in games like Resident Evil 5 where you are forced to play co-op either with someone else or the AI its just a pain.

I Live in University Halls(i work as an RA) So I dont have acsess to Xboxlive, meaning playing Co-op is a not really an option for me so im really disapointed when they build a game made for Co-op(eg RE5) and the single player option is just Co-op with really bad AI, what is happening to Strong Single Player Games?

Feel Free to Share your opinons on the matter.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: Co-op Gaming.

Postby Darkobra » 22 Dec 2009, 13:36

I'm a man who likes choice. I don't want to be forced to be co-dependant on someone saving my life from a turret of gunfire pinning me down, like in Army of Two, but I do like the occasional co-op like in Borderlands. I can play alone or choose to play with others.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 22 Dec 2009, 15:28

Darkobra wrote:I'm a man who likes choice. I don't want to be forced to be co-dependant on someone saving my life from a turret of gunfire pinning me down, like in Army of Two, but I do like the occasional co-op like in Borderlands. I can play alone or choose to play with others.
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
Longshot
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Longshot » 27 Dec 2009, 05:19

I love me some co-op. While it is sad that games like Army of Two and RE5 needs you to play with a friend to be good, they can both be extreme levels of fun when you do so.
But yes, having the choice would be nice, so there's a good co-op, and a good SP.
Paul: "I cannot deny or confirm whether I am Solid Snake."
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 27 Dec 2009, 05:58

I personally love co-op games(L4D, Gears of War ect), for me they're only topped for good competitive games. (TF2, L4D1+2 VS, Battlefield 1942\2)

Single player games bore the living hell out of me, I only rarely play them anymore.

I am all ways of the opinion that humans > bots.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Intellectually funky

Postby Intellectually funky » 27 Dec 2009, 07:43

Co-op is a nice addition to games but rarely to I choose to play it, Because sometimes Co-op really isn't anything special... it might just be an additional person in the game so it doesn't increase the difficulty. If it adds to the exprience or does something to the gameplay like RE5 ( God I hated the friendly AI) or Castle Crashers.
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. - Groucho Marx

March Hare: Ah, that's just it. If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 27 Dec 2009, 08:19

I love co-op games. Single player is great, but I want to be able to let a friend join in the action when he comes over.

That being said, split screen co-op gaming appears to be dying off. And that makes me sad. Mostly this online co-op bullshit now adays. At least give me the option of split screen.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 27 Dec 2009, 20:07

I used to play halo 2 co-op with a good friend of mine.

We were on similar skill levels, and we had tons of fun.

It took us way longer to beat the game than it took me alone though.

Examples include him stealing a warthog from the marines, driving around killing me and the marines, and then, when I respawned, him hitting a jump AND TAKING OFF MY HEAD WITH THE WARTHOG.

That and just general killing the marines a lot.

It was fun though.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Seraphroy
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Seraphroy » 27 Dec 2009, 21:57

I always played co-op with my cousin. Halo, he drove us off cliffs, constantly. Halo 2, similar story. Halo 3, he managed to nail a checkpoint in Highway 18 where he ran into a marine just as the checkpoint saved, so any time we restarted, the marine got crushed between us and a generator. Took us 40 minutes to clear that stupid checkpoint...

That, and games like Crackdown always end up in him going after me, and me alone. Then he proxy mined the HQ, so I couldn't get a car out of the base. >.>

Still play co-op with him, cause I'm that masochistic.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 27 Dec 2009, 22:19

It's 2009. There's almost no reason not to have coop in your game.
Doom had coop.

DOOM
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Dec 2009, 15:18

I loves me some co-op. Looking foreward to hunkering down with my new house's two permanently linked 360s and doing some serious Firefight etc.
operagirl95
First Video: n

Postby operagirl95 » 28 Dec 2009, 17:31

Not a fan of co-op in general, especially online. However, I refuse to play Lego Star Wars alone, single player mode sucks.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 28 Dec 2009, 17:42

I actually hate this: none of the games I've bought recently are co-op, and I'm constantly like "...man, this'd be fun with someone else."

Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Spiderman Web of Shadows (it wasn't that good, but still), Fallout 3.

The latest one I bought with co-op was Too Human. And I don't have Xbox Live, and that was SO stupid...
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 28 Dec 2009, 19:04

I'm a fan of Co-Op if it is done properly...if the game cannot be played without another sentient human being in the game (either online or on-couch) then that is the bad way to do it. If you can play the game without someone there watching your back but it is an option then that is what I would call Co-Op done right.

The best ever and yet to be topped Co-Op experience was Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. The single player was tight, but the Co-Op addition that was interwoven in to the plot of the single player was phenomenal.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 29 Dec 2009, 00:07

I love full on co-op games where the co-op is designed for the game on purpose. Borderlands is one that is done very well to also be playable solo, but I still like Army of Two, Gears of War, and others that pretty much require another player. Chaos Theory's co-op was fun, and I'm looking forward to the co-op mode in Conviction.

Return to “Video Games”