Warsow: Am I alone?

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Warsow: Am I alone?

Postby I X » 05 Mar 2010, 07:25

I play Warsow online and enjoy it immensely. I was wondering if any forumites besides SprintToTheFinish (who acknowledged it in an earlier topic) even knew what it was.

Warsow is an open source first-person shooter for PC, Mac and Linux based on the open-sourced Quake II engine. For more on the technical side see the Wikipedia page.

It's a free game that is criminally underrated, not to mention almost completely unadvertised. Some people find it too hectic but if you get into it it can be a great game, especially as the slogan on the website ('Respect and Sportsmanship') seems to be held to very well by the community as a whole.

If you've got a good connection, I encourage you to try the client. It's a relatively small download (~260MB) and the game will run on even quite old machines. Graphics scale very well. :) Also, I play regularly on mobile broadband with few lag issues, so it obviously doesn't need a terrible amount of bandwidth.

If any of ye do play, it'd be fun to have a bit of a game sometime. I'm PROGRAM_IX on there as well, but there are no registered Gamertags or anything - you just pick a name.

Edit: What a fool I am. I never added a video of gameplay. Here's one from an expert: YouTube
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Re: Warsow: Am I alone?

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 05 Mar 2010, 19:32

I've played Warsow a few times and its okay.
It's just another Quake ripoff to me.

When it comes to games like that I prefer Nexuiz over Warsow.
or even better, the real thing
davefp

Postby davefp » 05 Mar 2010, 20:46

I played it once or twice. I've never been a huge fan of pure twitch-based deathmatch, so it didn't really appeal to me.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 07 Mar 2010, 10:06

Fair enough. I play QUAKE LIVE too. :) Nexuiz eh? Think I've played that one, but I must check. Anyway, I was just wondering what the forum thought. :)
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
SprintToTheFinish
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby SprintToTheFinish » 16 Mar 2010, 20:43

Nexuiz is good. It's at least on par with, if not better than Warsow, and not every other person has an aimbot.

Return to “Video Games”