God of War 3, and why it's awesome.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Bananafish

Re: God of War 3, and why it's awesome.

Postby Bananafish » 19 Mar 2010, 19:44

Better, actually. The beginning was really incredibly done and did what I think it was supposed to: really suck me into the game and give me the feeling of partaking in an incredibly huge and epic battle. In a way it really is the high point of the game but only by a small margin simply because it's such a huge scope. God of War really has a habit of keeping me interested- "ehhh I'll just beat hades then stop, ahghh wait what's this? oh I guess I'll just play until the next save point" *rinse and repeat*

They really managed to improve on the combat somehow, the new weapons are actually useful and while they're kind of similar they still manage to feel unique. The combat just flows so well, the only part I didn't like was that they didn't really put it many new moves for the blades which are pretty similar to GoW2 but it's a p small gripe.

They made each weapon have a specific magic effect and with the simple changing mechanic it's really not a problem. I like what they did with the boss battles, when you're in Hades' lair he spends his time mocking you as you make your way to him, so in a way you get to know him before you kill him which just makes it more satisfying. They did something similar with Hermes too. They also introduced new things like getting special equipment from bosses apart from their weapons.

I don't know what else to say off the top of my head
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 20 Mar 2010, 15:07

this game kicked my ass from beginning to end.

The high point was easily the fight with Chronos. Absolutely amazing boss fight, and I don't think any game is going to top that one for a very very long time.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 20 Mar 2010, 21:49

Ffffffffffffffffffffffuck Satyrs

Seriously, god damn them.

In other news this game has given me some serious bonerections from beginning to where I am now. I've been told by multiple people that the ending is actually really lackluster, but I have also seen an interview with the director of the game saying that they had to cut their original ending, and are hoping to create it as a free DLC sometime down the road. Hope that happens.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 21 Mar 2010, 19:31

Nevrmore wrote:...the ending is actually really lackluster...

Fuck this game.

No, seriously. That was quite possibly the worst ending I could have ever imagined for this series. I wish I had time to write out an itemized list of everything so...so fucking wrong with the last 15 minutes of this game.

That DLC better fucking be coming.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 21 Mar 2010, 19:33

Lemme guess. Kratos dies to save the Earth. This doesn't count as a spoiler 'cause I'm literally just guessing. Spoiler: Wow was I close, though.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 21 Mar 2010, 19:44

Spoilers below:

Kratos gets nearly killed by Zeus which I guess causes him to start hallucinating, or somethiing? Anyway, he goes inside his head and goes through a somewhat trippy sequence where Pandora teaches him about forgiving himself and the power of "Hope." Kratos comes to and the power of Hope manifests itself by giving him blue fire around his hands and in his eyes (oh fuck me I wish I were kidding). He kills Zeus.

Afterwards, he realizes what a fool he's been and kills himself in retribution for all the lives he's taken. Thankfully it doesn't end up restoring the planet, but still. 100% pussy.

End spoiler.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 23 Mar 2010, 09:05

Also:

If you watch until after the credits it shows the spot where Kratos killed himself and he's gone, and there's a trail of blood
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 23 Mar 2010, 10:34

This game kicks my ass and makes me cry. I am not worthy of Kratos' revenge.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 23 Mar 2010, 12:16

Yeah, I'll definitely agree that the ending could have used some work, haha. Obviously we all expected something with a bit more punch and less... I don't know. It was pretty cliché.

But you can't hold that against the game entirely. The whole ride was an amazing experience, totally worth the wait.
snakeater7
First Video: House of the Dead

Postby snakeater7 » 23 Mar 2010, 16:17

Yeah even though the ending wasn't all that great, the rest of the game up until the last like 15 minutes was incredible. It was definitely worth waiting for. I was hooked from how intense the beginning was and found it really hard to stop playing. I would say it's one of the best games on the PS3.
Steam:rjkliegl
PSN: snake_eater7
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 24 Mar 2010, 20:41

I feel bad for you if you own a PS3 and don't buy or at least rent it

Return to “Video Games”