Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Out in EU, 2 Days US)

Postby LogicSword » 04 Mar 2011, 23:12

As I said in the other thread: It's awesome :D

It feels like I'm playing Pokémon again for the first time.
House MD
First Video: Cronologically in LRR's timeline or mine
Location: Chester, it's like where I used to live, but more northern.

Postby House MD » 05 Mar 2011, 01:20

damn money running out the day before, it'll be like 10 days till I get it.

But it looks awesome.
I am the physical manifestation of the Phailhaus. SO much so, my friends call me it.
DJScythe15
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby DJScythe15 » 05 Mar 2011, 15:23

Well, I feel dumb; I ordered White from Amazon, which usually has release-date shipping for games. However, since the release is on a Sunday when shipping services aren't delivering, I'll likely have to wait until Tuesday (Monday if I'm lucky) for it to arrive.

Can't wait for it! In the meantime, I'm getting myself hyped for it with stuff like Pokemon Reorchestrated. I've already got their version of the Kanto battle theme set to the ringtone for Pokemon playing friends. Yes, I am that much of a nerd.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 05 Mar 2011, 15:26

House MD wrote:damn money running out the day before, it'll be like 10 days till I get it.

But it looks awesome.

Same here House. I get paid Thursday, and I'll be going out to buy the game on Friday after my last midterm before spring break.
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 06 Mar 2011, 00:41

I made this

Image Image Image
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 06 Mar 2011, 16:20

Got to try it for a bit yesterday, friend of mine got the black edition. It felt a bit slow to me but fun. Just a shame you have to do some grinding before you can defeat the first trainer. From memory there was a better flow in the earlier games (but that might be some nostalgia, but I seem to remember that in Red I had more trouble with keeping my pokemon under the max level than I had with trying to find wild pokemon for xp to grind)
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 06 Mar 2011, 19:50

Been playing since this morning, reset once to change Oshawott for Snivy (Smugleaf).

Grinding's a little bit more tolerable now, thanks to fluctuating levels of pokemon, very tall grass, shaking grass and plentiful trainers.

Current team consists of Purrloin (Artemis), Blitzle (Rapizash), Panpour (Mogumogu) and my Snivy.

Other than that, I've caught a Woobat and Audino, both whom I've yet to name. I'm considering hunting for another Audino, as the one I caught is male and I'd rather have a female one because I have an actual name for one unlike the male one.

Will post my FC later tonight or tomorrow, for now back to the game.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 06 Mar 2011, 21:21

Got mine this afternoon. I went with Tepig (named Pumba). Other than that, my party has Pansaga (not sure if he's permanent)Blitzle and Roggenrola(same as Pansaga).
I haven't noticed much of a pacing problem. Granted, I've been playing Gen. III lately, so maybe it's just good in comparison.
Kyogissun

Postby Kyogissun » 06 Mar 2011, 23:21

Completed my goal of the day:

Defeat the Necrene City Gym Leader.

My god was it satisfying to finally kick Lenora's ass after she'd defeated me three times. I was just thrilled to finally stomp her fucking Watchog and Herdier once and for ALL.

Gonna push through Pinwheel Forest and reach Castelia City and Relocate my Celebi and legendary shiny's before the night's over though.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f

aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 07 Mar 2011, 13:18

Until this series adds more graphical interaction in the battles and something other than 8-bit shrieks as sound effects I'm not touching it ever again. That shit flew back in the GB days but there's no excuse for it now other than laziness and folks of people who'll shell out money for the same damn thing over and over again. Same reason I stoped buying EA Sports games. I'm not shelling out 40-60$ for a roster update and a few tweaks.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
DolphinHater
First Video: TheLoadingReadyRumble

Postby DolphinHater » 07 Mar 2011, 15:29

My friend picked up black, and we have been playing through it. I really like the whole new world feel, but I don't like the battle graphics, especially compared to map grahpics. Also, the new pokemon are kind of lame, and all the passsable ones are expies of first gen, but it's okay, it's still fun.
Kyogissun

Postby Kyogissun » 07 Mar 2011, 16:03

aeric90 wrote:Until this series adds more graphical interaction in the battles and something other than 8-bit shrieks as sound effects I'm not touching it ever again. That shit flew back in the GB days but there's no excuse for it now other than laziness and folks of people who'll shell out money for the same damn thing over and over again. Same reason I stoped buying EA Sports games. I'm not shelling out 40-60$ for a roster update and a few tweaks.

Wow, lot of hate for an otherwise harmless series that got a significant upgrade overall with the release of the latest entry.

Maybe you should, you know, give the game a TRY before spouting off some blind rage. I'm not denying your frustrations with past titles, god knows that the GBA era was probably their weakest, but as a fan who become disinterested after the first DS iterations and has come to love the series again thanks to the necessary fixes, I'm simply gonna reiterate that you really shouldn't knock it until you try it.

DJScythe15

Postby DJScythe15 » 07 Mar 2011, 19:37

My copy of White arrived and I just downed the first gym a bit ago. I'll try adding my friend code to my signature soon; until then here's my info:

Character: DJScy
FC: 0690 4616 8450

I'm a little disappointed that some of the additional online features won't be live until late in the month though.

aeric90 wrote:Until this series adds more graphical interaction in the battles and something other than 8-bit shrieks as sound effects I'm not touching it ever again. That shit flew back in the GB days but there's no excuse for it now other than laziness and folks of people who'll shell out money for the same damn thing over and over again. Same reason I stoped buying EA Sports games. I'm not shelling out 40-60$ for a roster update and a few tweaks.

Well, some of these qualms have been addressed, at least in part, in the newest entries. A lot of the new Pokemon have less 8-bit-y shrieks than the old "classics". While characters and Pokemon are still represented by 2-D sprites, overworld environments are in 3D, even changing the camera angle from time-to-time to show off the new angles; additionally, battles are done with animated sprites and a sort of three-dimensional depth. (It's hard to describe; try looking up Youtube videos of footage.) While I agree yearly rehashes can be a huge letdown, I do feel that Black and White are a bit above that.

Also, what do you mean by additional graphical interaction? Like better battle animations, or something else? Just making sure I'm on the same page.

Game Info:
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Mar 2011, 12:50

Got it, completed the main objectives, migrated my hoard of Pokemon from the previous two generations and now leveling up my team.

I liked the plot being more closely inter-woven with the generic, get 8 badges and challenge the elite 4.

I like being able to choose the order of the elite 4.

3 on 3 battles are annoying hard or steamrollingly easy, no middle ground.

I also like level 60 odd wild pokemon to grind on when all trainers for the day are pwned.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 08 Mar 2011, 21:46

I heard this song in it and fell in love instantly.

I got Black the other day and have played the hell out of it at work. Though I'm only about halfway through. Having trouble getting the WFC to work. The servers are always down when I try to get the mystery gift.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 08 Mar 2011, 21:59

Frosch
3267 4365 6262
Black Version

Looking for good offers. I have been farming Sawks and infecting them with the pokerus. Though I can infect another easy to get pokemon of your choosing. I'm only three gyms in.
Image Image Image
Arius

Postby Arius » 08 Mar 2011, 22:05

Of course as soon as I say that, it connects. Well, now I can go get my secret pokey-mans!

Also: 3138 5971 3931 for anyone who wants to add me.

Edit: Name = Tyler
Last edited by Arius on 09 Mar 2011, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
DJScythe15

Postby DJScythe15 » 08 Mar 2011, 23:43

Added Sieg and Arius to my friend list. As far as game progress, I've just entered the city for the fourth gym. In addition, I've transfered over the legendary dogs and Celebi from the giveaways. (These Pokemon can be transfered over before all other Pokemon from 4th gen games, as shown here.)

As a side note, I noticed one thing that cheered me up. One of my little pet peeves from the previous generations was that the names of un-nicknamed Pokemon were always in all-caps. In BW, that's finally corrected and Pokemon names have normal capitalization. Surely, this is a victory for the grammar nuts.

Game Info:
Arius

Postby Arius » 09 Mar 2011, 00:39

Oh, if the name's gotta match:

Tyler
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Mar 2011, 08:55

I do find it funny they try and sell guides to the Pokemon guides (and pretty much any portable game). The internet with sites like Bulbasaur and Serebii have the informaton, if not more relevent information. As it's portable you can play *while* at the internet source.

Although the time most people play Pokemon is while traveling, however they can write notes or avoid being travel sick by not trying to read the guide.

The thing I don't quite get is why the inverted the Pokemon for the versions. You get the White Legendary in Black and the Black in White. I get the ying-yang angle, but it completely contradicts the series so far. They should have done Pokemon Orange and Blue and inverted them if they wanted opposite colour combinations.

*update* Now I've completed the main story I'm just, well, grinding. I have well over 500 Pokemon to train and 50 odd to capture. I somewhat feel cba when I have Rift or Dragin Age 2 (tomorrow) and HoN to commit to :>
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 09 Mar 2011, 10:02

So I bit the bullet and bought this for myself for my birthday...Tis my first ever Pokeymans game.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 09 Mar 2011, 12:23

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I do find it funny they try and sell guides to the Pokemon guides (and pretty much any portable game). The internet with sites like Bulbasaur and Serebii have the informaton, if not more relevent information. As it's portable you can play *while* at the internet source.

Although the time most people play Pokemon is while traveling, however they can write notes or avoid being travel sick by not trying to read the guide.

The thing I don't quite get is why the inverted the Pokemon for the versions. You get the White Legendary in Black and the Black in White. I get the ying-yang angle, but it completely contradicts the series so far. They should have done Pokemon Orange and Blue and inverted them if they wanted opposite colour combinations.

*update* Now I've completed the main story I'm just, well, grinding. I have well over 500 Pokemon to train and 50 odd to capture. I somewhat feel cba when I have Rift or Dragin Age 2 (tomorrow) and HoN to commit to :>
The only portable guides I buy are pokemon guides, and I only buy them for new generations, for the pokedexes.

Also, my guess on the pokemon switch is because they made the legendaries purely the one color. And if they but it on that background, they would be hard to see. Reshirom on a white background would be hard to look at.
Image Image Image
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 09 Mar 2011, 16:07

Anyone wanting to trade Gurdurrs and Boldores back and forth. I can give you a pokemon with the pokerus to keep.
Image Image Image
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Mar 2011, 07:08

Sieg Reyu wrote:
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I do find it funny they try and sell guides to the Pokemon guides (and pretty much any portable game). The internet with sites like Bulbasaur and Serebii have the informaton, if not more relevent information. As it's portable you can play *while* at the internet source.

Also, my guess on the pokemon switch is because they made the legendaries purely the one color. And if they but it on that background, they would be hard to see. Reshirom on a white background would be hard to look at.

They could have done it the same colour but done the trim/outline in the opposite colour. Make it arty instead of going down a route of quite profoundness of Light Vs Dark, Two different opinnions conflicting but both being true, to only not go further than that because Nintendo realised that this is a children's game and it might go over their puny little heads. Shame. :<
DJScythe15

Postby DJScythe15 » 10 Mar 2011, 09:26

Sieg Reyu wrote:Anyone wanting to trade Gurdurrs and Boldores back and forth. I can give you a pokemon with the pokerus to keep.

I have a Boldore that I could trade back-and-forth, but no Gurdurrs. Do you happen to have any Shelmet to trade with my Karrablast to case them to both evolve?

On a side note, I've started breeding for rarer Pokemon, so if anyone needs a Zorua or Audino egg, just holler.

Game Info:

Return to “Video Games”