RTD game

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Re: RTD game

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 14 Jul 2010, 10:55

(OOC: yea. there's not much we can do at the moment.)
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Joshua
First Video: Dont remember

Postby Joshua » 14 Jul 2010, 13:39

(Yeah I was waiting on everyone to post, and I have had a wild couple of days trying to keep up with this thread from my phone, so not much time to think. I'll move it along later tonight, when I have time to make a longer post.)
We feel free when we escape--even if it be but from the frying pan into the fire.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 15 Jul 2010, 12:59

The conductor steps out on to the stage, he faces the crowd, the entire orchestra raises and bows to the Queen. The lights all around the stage are quickly put out by the staff leaving only the stage illuminated, the conductor raises his baton and as it falls the music begins to play.

The music goes on for an hour, then the conductor turns back to the people, and says the ballroom music shall now begin, and any patrons that wish to dance may do so, he indicates to the staff to turn the rest of the lights on. Z.A Benbow's part in the performance being over he stands takes a bow and leaves the stage. It takes several minutes for the lights to come back on.

All but a few of the lights have turned back on, the most worrying is that the light in the Queen's balcony has yet to turn on, a few of the guards rush up the staircase after moments of silence the light comes on, the image that catches your eyes is one of horror, the Queen is slumped over in her seat, a thick red substance oozes down from her neck to the floor, and princess Theresa lays at her feet.

The guards return and lock the front door to the ballroom, several minutes later a knock is heard at the door, the guards open it, a man with long dark hair come in he looks around at everyone and strokes his beard thoughtfully.

He speaks in a gruff voice, "Does anybody here wish to confess to the murder of the queen, or will we have to do this the hard way?"
We feel free when we escape--even if it be but from the frying pan into the fire.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 15 Jul 2010, 21:19

Sir John raises a cry when he sees the body of his patron, but quickly stifles it. Seeing the man whom he presumes the head guard accost the crowd, Sir John elects to remain silent and stationary in his position. He quietly checks the clasp on his sword/cane and ensures it is ready at a moment's notice.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 16 Jul 2010, 06:14

Sighing heavily "They always choose the hard way, now my guards here assure that the entire area was locked down, so whoever killed the queen must still be here." He looks up to the staircase leading to the balcony, seeing two of his officers carrying the princess. "Sir, she is still alive." The man strokes his beard. "Good take her to the doctors quickly, at least our new Queen yet lives." He turns back to the crowd, and points to a man "You sir, come with me, we should have a chat. I would suggest any of you who might know something prepare to be very forthcoming, with the information, or I will be..." the guards carry off the man who now has a look of utter terror on his face.

(The bearded man is known as Sir Sevoux, General of the Queens first brigand he rose to the rank during the war with the Vensians and is known to be quite ruthless at accomplishing his goals.)
Dave-O_Boy

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 16 Jul 2010, 20:46

Benbow's expression was one of extreme dismay. He could only think of how damaging this incident would be to his career. Everyone would remember one of his most brilliant symphonies as the Queen's death letter. It most likely never be played as long as her decedents ruled the area. Even other regions would be careful to indulge in its glory due to the sullied nature cast upon it by some unknown murderer.
This especially frustrated the composer as his previous fears had been mostly proven inaccurate. While the performers stumbled in a few spots, they did an otherwise adequate job. He felt that in light of the current circumstances he should, at least, inform them that they played well.
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 17 Jul 2010, 11:54

Abraham was as shocked as anyone when the lights went up. He hadn't really known her personally, of course, but she was a good queen as far as that sort of thing went. It was all quite sad, wasn't it? Especially for the princess. Besides, who in their right mind murders a 75-year old woman, he suddenly wondered. Wouldn't it be easier to wait her out, as morbid as that might be?

He shook himself out of his contemplation and got up to see if any of the more delicate audience members needed assistance.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 18 Jul 2010, 05:19

(1+1charismatic)
One lady is haplessly teetering oh the heels of her very expensive shoes you turn in time to see her begin to feint you (6+1) gracefully dash to her assistance "power sliding"(oh yes you did indeed just power slide to the rescue.) just in time to catch her by her lower back and bracing her neck into gently laying her down on the floor, and stopping what surely would have been a nasty concussion. However in your absentmindedness you have not only soiled but torn the knees of your best pair of trousers, a feat that will undoubtedly come back to haunt you.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 18 Jul 2010, 16:03

Sir John waits impatiently.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 19 Jul 2010, 07:57

(Ok, so apparently I haven't done a very good job at making this, your problem, so give me a bit to think about how to involve your characters more directly in this. I know stupid of me, but I figured you would go cause mischief on your own if I present you with a stage, and I would play off that. Odd, you lot are so well behaved, I think I just have jerk friends.)
Timelady

Postby Timelady » 19 Jul 2010, 13:24

Abraham brushes off his abused knees and looks at the woman on the floor. He's quite happy to have been of service, of course, but he wishes it hadn't been quite so hard on his best suit.

(Power sliding to the rescue? Awesome!)
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 23 Jul 2010, 03:43

(Ok think I got a way to do it, also, sorry lot of band stuff was happening lately.)

After a long time of picking people to investigate Sir Sevoux returns after talking to the last person and dismisses everyone back to their homes or place of residence within the city. He also warns not to try and leave, he will most likely need to speak to all of you again.

(now would be considered down time, I will wait for everyone to post at least something and then continue.)
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 23 Jul 2010, 10:02

OOC; I assume it's cool we do some downtime stuff? Do we have any money etc? Anything to tell us about the town - shops, etc?

IC; Sir John arrives at his expansive, yet tasteful, home, and collects his thoughts over a snifter of cognac. He carefully polishes the blade of his sword and ponders the events of the day.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 23 Jul 2010, 13:38

(It is basically mid-night at this point, so the town is like dead, you could try to train.)
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 23 Jul 2010, 14:01

Sir John trains at sleeping.
Timelady

Postby Timelady » 23 Jul 2010, 14:20

Abraham wearily trudged toward the staircase of his hotel, drawing odd looks from the woman at the front desk. It wasn't every day that a member of their exclusive clientele returned after midnight looking as though they've been dragged unwillingly through a barroom brawl. Certain members of the aristocracy, yes, but they tended not to stay at this particular place.

Abraham the Great muttered dispiritedly all the way up to his room, where he immediately fell into bed without even bothering to take off his shoes.
Dave-O_Boy

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 23 Jul 2010, 17:11

Benbow decides that he would take a walk around the royal yard to collect his thoughts before heading home. It wasn't uncommon for him to wander off after a show and his small staff where use to his late night strolls. He also had a feeling that he could not shake and thought he may stubble upon something curious during his walk.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 23 Jul 2010, 23:26

(2+1) Walking around you hear faint footsteps as if someone is following you, everytime you turn around and look there is nothing there.
Dave-O_Boy

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 24 Jul 2010, 00:13

Benbow narrows his brow in the direction he thought he had heard the foot steps coming in. He shrugs it off and decides to start walking to his place of residence with a certain nonchalance that anyone who knew him would recognize it as uncharacteristic.
He made a quick turn around a corner he wouldn't usually turn at and hid behind a near by wall planning to jump out at who ever was following him.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 24 Jul 2010, 05:44

(4+1) you hear the foot steps getting closer you jump out and (6) barely miss grabbing you're tail, however they trip while dodging your grab and fall backwards hitting their head pretty solid, you get closer and see the man seems dazed and confused, now lying on the ground, you are sure you saw him at the party.
Dave-O_Boy

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 24 Jul 2010, 07:13

"Ah ha! Serves you right!" the composer shouted. "Now, my dear sir, do tell me what business you have with someone like myself," he commanded.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 26 Jul 2010, 11:43

(6) The man who is quite young stand up, and hands you a letter. "S...sir...I was asked to deliver this letter to your house but y..you never went there s...so I was following y..you." He takes off into the night having been so scared he wet himself a bit. Upon opening the letter you find what appears to be just a business card on one side and eye on the other a locale address, 9:30 AM has been handwritten in.

All other players find the same card at there house, etc...
Dave-O_Boy

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 27 Jul 2010, 00:27

"hrmph.. You could have just called my name. There was no need to be sneaky," Benbow said in a disapproving tone. Before the young man could reply the composer continued on his way home.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Jul 2010, 09:04

Sir John has the card handed to him by his strapping young manservant, Miguel. Irritated, he sends a runner boy to cancel his appointment for that morning (he was to be inspecting a new warehouse for some of his recent business ventures), and quickly consumes his breakfast.

He elects to dress in a subdued but tasteful set of walking clothes, his favourite (if slightly weatherbeaten) tophat, and carries his pocket watch, pen and notebook, calling cards, monocle, and of course his canesword. He makes off at a brisk pace to the address on the card in order to arrive there in good time.
Joshua

Postby Joshua » 27 Jul 2010, 13:41

(Officially it is morning now, I hope I didn't run some of you off.)

Return to “Video Games”