Let's Play Minecraft

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Let's Play Minecraft

Postby Master Gunner » 10 Sep 2010, 11:31

Server updates have being released today, including working inventory for multiplayer.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Ed.
First Video: Desert bus 3 (started at day 3)

Postby Ed. » 10 Sep 2010, 11:35

just came to post that furnaces and signs work now as well

one thing I'm wondering about the server what rules/ etiquette is there I'm amusing we dont build on the spawn for example
Spoilers for your life.
The main character dies at the end.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 10 Sep 2010, 17:57

Yes. Building on the spawn and locking people up is super douchey. Don't do it, douche.

Don't ruin someone's shit unless they give you permission, that's generally a nice one.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 10 Sep 2010, 19:14

Well, still puttering around on 'safe' singleplayer, getting the hang of the crafting and spelunking.

Died for the first time - explored a massive cave system, found plenty of gold, lava and even some redstone, but after running out of picks (and wood), I lost my way back to the outside. Resorted to scratching my way up, but undercut a pile of gravel and got stuck under it, suffocating. :(

Ah, well. Respawned, restocked my pack and am on a boat (hah) back to the other island where that cave system was! (forgot to put a 'lighthouse' at that location, although I do have a couple of torches by the 'dock' I'd set up)

Maybe after the weekend I'll brave the multiplayer server. ;)
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 10 Sep 2010, 23:56

you cant build in a like, 20x20 sqaure around the spawn unless youre an Op.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 12 Sep 2010, 12:08

Server is back up. 74.183.241.91

Enjoy?

(Should be up for a while now, the reason it came down is because I moved the original server behind a firewall that I couldn't port forward through. I now have it on a different box that should be stable, but slower. Once again, if somebody has a better/real server, let me know and I'll give you the world file.)
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Sep 2010, 12:14

Sweet!

EDIT: Fuck, it's still crashing on me when I go to certain areas (like anywhere I want to mine or build). Anyone else having issues like that?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 12 Sep 2010, 18:08

I'm Wraith?

---

Also, while playing the free version, I got bored and made Megaman. I gotta buy the Alpha soon.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 12 Sep 2010, 18:18

empath wrote:Well, still puttering around on 'safe' singleplayer, getting the hang of the crafting and spelunking.

Died for the first time - explored a massive cave system, found plenty of gold, lava and even some redstone, but after running out of picks (and wood), I lost my way back to the outside. Resorted to scratching my way up, but undercut a pile of gravel and got stuck under it, suffocating. :(

Ah, well. Respawned, restocked my pack and am on a boat (hah) back to the other island where that cave system was! (forgot to put a 'lighthouse' at that location, although I do have a couple of torches by the 'dock' I'd set up)

Maybe after the weekend I'll brave the multiplayer server. ;)

If you don't want to lose your shit you can bring some wood and build a chest to hold it all so you don't have to go all the way back up.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 12 Sep 2010, 23:36

So, With the new update, you login where you left off.
And i just decided to test out falling through a gap in the bottom bedrock, Also, we cant die.

So now i'm trapped falling forever, immortal.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 12 Sep 2010, 23:55

Also you can swim to the top of the lava tower

Although it doesn't seem like I can do much else, not even gather resources, hmmm.
Ed.

Postby Ed. » 13 Sep 2010, 01:36

you have to get away from the spawn
Spoilers for your life.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 13 Sep 2010, 02:27

I was pretty damn far away, jumped to the pit that reached the bottom of the map, still nothing.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 13 Sep 2010, 05:12

there seems to be alot of lag recently, any blocks you destroy might take like 20 seconds to actually destroy.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 13 Sep 2010, 10:44

Yeah I was trying to talk with somebody in there last night and it seemed to take ooooo about 3 minutes for each message to show up.
GaspodeTheDog

Postby GaspodeTheDog » 13 Sep 2010, 15:44

It seems to be an issue with the world loading too slowly into the clients, if you stay in the same spot the game gets nearly lag free after a while but when you move around in the world it starts lagging again. In caves the lag is much better as the client doesn't need as much data from the server.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 13 Sep 2010, 19:21

Ahh you're the guy that was on last night, hallo, didn't recall seeing you on the forums.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 13 Sep 2010, 19:50

Let me blow your mind.

Nighttime.
Daytime.

Now I will never return to this thread.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Ed.

Postby Ed. » 15 Sep 2010, 13:19

ive migrated to AV universe so if i left any crap lying arond feel free to flatten it
Spoilers for your life.
Fugiman

Postby Fugiman » 15 Sep 2010, 18:00

Read up on AV Universe, seems like a cool server. I will definitely check it out as soon as it becomes not full :P

Like I said, mine is a piece of crap I threw together as a proof of concept. It is slow and pathetic, and should be replaced asap if we really want a LRR server.

Looking forward to seeing you in AVU, ed.
GaspodeTheDog

Postby GaspodeTheDog » 16 Sep 2010, 08:59

AVU looks fun, started building a house in the top right between the huge mountains.
empath

Postby empath » 16 Sep 2010, 15:59

Agreed; I'm surprised at how smooth things are running on SMP - I was getting better framerates through to AVU than on single play! Got a little unstable for a while about Eastern Zone dinnertime but it's been smooth as glass again.

I've wandered way off to the southeast to 'stake my claim'; cleared field for an 'orchard' at the base of a cliff, and I'm building a beacon tower on top of the "Halfdome"; in time I plan to expand to a keep, curtain wall, turrets and glacis - the whole nine yards of cloth. :)
Fugiman

Postby Fugiman » 16 Sep 2010, 16:19

Only request is that they up the max online users past 10 :( I can rarely get in, then it crashes 10 minutes later :(
Ed.

Postby Ed. » 17 Sep 2010, 04:24

thats all his hardware can handle without things getting realy unstable at 10 its as good as SMP gets

oh yeah my base is set up south west use "/warp island " to get to it im trying to make it look decent though so all buildings beside the lighthouse are made of bricks.
Spoilers for your life.
empath

Postby empath » 17 Sep 2010, 04:36

I found that, as AV said on the forum, joining the server does cause my client to crash soon after...once or twice. After that, things become more stable. Maybe it's the client getting swamped with all the chunks that have to be mapped in the immediate vicinity of the spawn?

And the max-player is capped at 10 for a reason - anything higher would tax his (her?) home computer too much and no one would be able to do much even when logged in... :(

Anyways, I've gotten 'earthworks' built and that whole 'half mountain' reshaped. Master Gunner and Fugiman have been strip mining nearby, and I've started my typical 'spiral staircase mine' to harvest cobblestones for upgrading my stronghold's walls. Looks like we've got a good start to 'the independent republic of LRRistan' to compete with the sovereign nation of Chadonia way off in the opposite direction. :)

Oh, and if you check the server's thread in the official forums, AV's maps are UPSIDE DOWN - south is up and to the right, east is up and to the left, west is down and right and north down and left. That shit messed with my head for quite a while! :lol:

For example, Ed's "island" warp is west and a little south of spawn - on the map it's sort of right of center (spawn), with the 'lighting visible from orbit' (you can see the lights even without zooming in - cool, man!). Another reference is it's has a red-text 'label' that is furthest to the right of any on the map.

Hoping to have a thriving community ('Lagville'?) established soon well off to the South East of "Seahome"...

EDIT: Oh, and it looks like Gabe is hooked, too... :twisted:

Return to “Video Games”