Let's Play Minecraft

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Let's Play Minecraft

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Oct 2010, 10:45

Grrr, I have lots on three different contenints to take care of, I'll get to it when I get to it (and it's not like fugi's lots are much better, one's a bit of fire and the other just has a hole to the bedrock last time I checked).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 14 Oct 2010, 10:45

They are always grumbling, don't understand that people have other things to do.

About to just level my lots and sell them off myself.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Oct 2010, 11:19

You can sell off mine too, if you want. I got my hands full elsewhere.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 14 Oct 2010, 11:38

Well, considering that some guy essentially just paid me (and by extension the Council) the fee for having the embassy be a bit "over-tall"in exchange for a piddly little stack of stone I'd say we're in the clear on that issue.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Oct 2010, 12:07

Ok, I'm at the construction site now, and from what I can see, we'll basically have to tear down most of what's being constructed on the interior and start from scratch.

The Foyer ceiling needs to be pushed up at least two blocks, and by extension the next two floors.

Facing the LRR symbol, the left side of the second/third floors need to be pushed further left by two blocks, so more room is left on each side of the symbol.

The area in front of the LRR symbol should be left open clear up to the ceiling of the building, the second and third floors should form a "u" shape around it, or you can have it so they don't even go all the way over to that side of the building, so that whole side of the foyer goes clear up to the ceiling as well. Obviously if that's done, the whole wall should be converted to glass.

The third floor is 8/9 blocks high, that needs to be halved. It should be 4 blocks high, as it is just office space, with the blocks being reallocated to the lobby and shortening the main part of the building.

To help reduce the height of the building without affecting the architectural piece, you can do a split-level style thing, like this:

Code: Select all

(sideview)
    ___
    |_|______
    |________|
    |________|

The raised section can be all glass so it won't look out of place.

All cobble that's exposed needs to be converted to smooth stone. I also think that every second block on the corners, exterior door frames, and the like should be made from stacked half-steps to help break it up. Make it look like a proper embassy building, not a ramshackle pile of stone.

I'll set up a furnace room in the cottage and bring over some coal to get started. The stone I can mine from my cottage basement.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 14 Oct 2010, 12:07

Ok, so I'm done designing how the basic structure will look, and I'm reasonably clear in my mind how it all works and fits together. However, the laptop's been stolen so I can't do any more work for today. I'll do the towers, the floorplan and the other bits and pieces tomorrow.

Actually, I think I'll go ink and scan what I've got so far, just so's you can see where I'm up to.
Sylval
First Video: fun with microwaves

Postby Sylval » 14 Oct 2010, 12:37

I love to dig just let me know what you guys want to do or if you want to use Team Speak to discuss a large project.
“So, what you’re saying is that you have a problem that is totally your problem, but you’d like to find a way to make that problem my problem. But here’s the problem, it’s not my problem.”
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 14 Oct 2010, 14:49

Don't worry about the scaffolding meaning anything, I just put it up so he'd have a place to work from. Same goes for the atrium outline, that was just proof of concept to show how much space we would need at the current floor levels and such everything dirt is also just rubble in essence

I agree about the smooth block and half blocks as well it would be much more sleek
maybe have each corner be 2x2 half with it sticking out to the exterior and the door and possible windows framed in it as well

also syl if you're bored with your mine for a while you can always jump down under the cottage and start a stock pile for the embassy
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 14 Oct 2010, 14:51

Sorry for the double post, I'm mobile right now and editing is difficult

we could try starting a wave or 2 about this is everyone has access or invites to send out.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 14 Oct 2010, 14:52

The first annotated design sketches are just uploading to devART. I'll edit this message with the link so that you can all go have a look, and also so that the large image doesn't break the forums. ;)

And here we are. :D
Last edited by The Jester on 14 Oct 2010, 15:23, edited 2 times in total.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Oct 2010, 15:15

I'm looking forward to it.

After a Mythbusters break, I'm now ready to get back to work on the embassy.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 14 Oct 2010, 15:23

BUNP! It's ready for all your eyes. ;)

You can click the "Download Image" button to the right to get a much better look.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Oct 2010, 15:36

Ok, that looks good. So we should start by making a 100 x 300 clearing, 25 blocks below sea level then. I'll start marking it out the next time I'm in the kingdom, unless someone else beats me to it.
Ed.
First Video: Desert bus 3 (started at day 3)

Postby Ed. » 14 Oct 2010, 16:05

is my marked out spot for the capital city aright?

the clearing will have to be larger to avoid drop steep offs and to allow the rest of the capital city to well exist

also I'm thinking smooth stone defensive walls all rounded off with circular wall forts and such
Spoilers for your life.
The main character dies at the end.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 14 Oct 2010, 16:16

Oh damn I really hope they reconsider the safety zone, if they don't the monastery I've worked so hard on will be obliterated...

If they don't also include the LRR kingdom in fact, everything we have done and will do up until the 31st update will in effect be completely pointless, we'll have wasted a month of our lives entirely.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 14 Oct 2010, 16:31

Hey, is anyone hosting a Loading Ready Run Minecraft server? If not, why not?

I'd sure play on it.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 14 Oct 2010, 16:34

Alex Steacy wrote:Hey, is anyone hosting a Loading Ready Run Minecraft server? If not, why not?

I'd sure play on it.

Currently we're basically centralising LRR-related minecraft SMP on the City of Islands server (private, whitelisted, applications required but LRRfolk are dang likely to get through by references alone)
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Ed.
First Video: Desert bus 3 (started at day 3)

Postby Ed. » 14 Oct 2010, 16:43

yeah we all play on COI its a good server.

What we have done is wall off an entire continent for LRR people i actualy like this better than a LRR server as well, there are three other cities on this server.

One of the mods chad stumph knows some of us well enough that we just get let straight in.

Also COI is on a super powerful rig.
Spoilers for your life.
The main character dies at the end.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 14 Oct 2010, 16:49

And when I've finished the Capital Building's plans (hopefully tomorrow, but that's counting without getting hit by goddamn procrastination again, so I'm not promising anything :?) we'll have one helluva barn to call our own. ;)

Something to awe the savages and barbarians indeed. XD

[Edit] {Nvm, moved what I added to a new post}.
Last edited by The Jester on 14 Oct 2010, 17:08, edited 2 times in total.
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 14 Oct 2010, 17:02

Ed. wrote:One of the mods chad stumph knows some of us well enough that we just get let straight in.
Let straight in you say? I would enjoy that because I'm very lazy with very little hope of recovery.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Oct 2010, 17:07

Ed. wrote:is my marked out spot for the capital city aright?

the clearing will have to be larger to avoid drop steep offs and to allow the rest of the capital city to well exist

also I'm thinking smooth stone defensive walls all rounded off with circular wall forts and such

The one you marked on the maps seems too distant, and outside our current walls. Fugi and I scouted out a spot earlier that seems like a good location, I used cobble pillars to mark out a path there from the dock. It's a bit north of the south gate.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 14 Oct 2010, 17:09

Actually... looking at the designs, I think I might need to do something about those butresses. And perhaps add some hight between the vaulted ceiling and the loft above it, so it's more like that referance pic I included. I'd only need to add, what? 7 blocks? It'd make more room for the butresses at least.

Oh, and also! I was thinking that those butresses could have secret (or not so secret) ladders in them, to make access to the Triforium easier.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Oct 2010, 17:48

This was the LRR Embassy a couple hours ago:

And this is it right now, about 80% complete:

Presently we plan to add more glass, open up the lobby even more.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 14 Oct 2010, 17:58

And yesterday? It was a fucking empty lot.

Thank you, thank you. No applause. It'll only inflate my already swollen ego.
ImageImageImageImage
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 14 Oct 2010, 21:01

Apologies in advance for the double post.

With the exception of needing to add some chairs and such to the lobby, the Beacon City Embassy is done (and looks damn sexy, if you ask me). The Conference Room has also been finished, now sporting a lovely meeting table made out of Obsidian and stone half-tiles. At the moment four offices are currently vacant on the second floor, so if you want one of them lay claim to it by writing your name on that office's sign.

If no one else objects, I'm just going to appoint myself LRR's Ambassador to Beacon City now that the building is done.

The LRR Cottage in Beacon City has been demolished as of tonight. All supplies, smelters, worktables and crates left over from the construction are in the back room on the ground floor (the door is behind the stairs).

Work on the park/greenspace outside the embassy will probably begin after we figure out how we're going to landscape the bloody place, what with there being a giant cave under the embassy's front yard and all.

All of the iron collected in Beacon City from sales and such (12 entire blocks worth) is currently being moved back to Burg Wolfenstein for safe keeping.

Oh, and Gas, if you would be so kind, could you try to do your thing and make some furniture for the lobby and second floor balcony? Thanks in advance.

~V
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Video Games”