LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
War Monkey782
First Video: The first Unskippable

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby War Monkey782 » 28 Dec 2010, 12:50

Just thought I should put in a formal request for a war sometime in the near future, preferably on temp map.
Witty and humorous signature here.
DuoNoxSol
First Video: Echo

Postby DuoNoxSol » 28 Dec 2010, 13:26

War Monkey782 wrote:Just thought I should put in a formal request for a war sometime in the near future, preferably on temp map.

I have to respond with my disagreement. This would mean a delay similar to that while Hey0 was down, and said delays become *very* boring for anyone who enjoys building and not having their buildings destroyed.
1. Acquire chisel and followers
2. Ascend mountain
3. Chisel 15 commandments
4. Drop 5 commandments
5. Make epic speech?
6. Prophet!!!
vazhkatsi
First Video: lrr rap

Postby vazhkatsi » 28 Dec 2010, 15:30

ah ok, i thought my inability to get the numerous runes to work was a personal failing, because there are so many of them still around. now i learn that they just don't work.
Vazhkatsi- Devils Advocate
Devils Avocado
Tall Dude
Hoopy Frood
Pikachaos
First Video: Ballad of the Fanboy

Postby Pikachaos » 28 Dec 2010, 16:12

Soo.... how do I find my house? ;-;

It's somewhere...snowy. I've only ever gone there through a stargate.

Do I just have to wait until the stargates are back up?
DeviantArt - Cyberguardian
Twitter - Pikachaos
Tumblr - http://worldnegativeone.tumblr.com/

"Y-you'll have to kill your underwear." -Ghost Graham
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Dec 2010, 16:19

What is the name of your stargate?

EDIT: If you want your treefort, that's located at coordinates 1573, 97, 1183, which puts it south-west of spawn. Press F3 to check your present coordinates while looking of it.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 28 Dec 2010, 19:41

Server upgraded to build 133. This may or may not fix Stargate, but I'm going to hold off on enabling it due to potential corruption if it, in fact, does not.

Should be less buggy in general though.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 28 Dec 2010, 20:50

just a heads up to the dude who wants to build the weird maze thing or whatever, I have a pretty extensive tunnel system running beneath large chunks of the northern desert, starting at the fort just outside the wall.
Pikachaos
First Video: Ballad of the Fanboy

Postby Pikachaos » 28 Dec 2010, 21:03

Master Gunner wrote:What is the name of your stargate?

EDIT: If you want your treefort, that's located at coordinates 1573, 97, 1183, which puts it south-west of spawn. Press F3 to check your present coordinates while looking of it.

Thank you! :3
DeviantArt - Cyberguardian
Twitter - Pikachaos
Tumblr - http://worldnegativeone.tumblr.com/

"Y-you'll have to kill your underwear." -Ghost Graham
Sophira
First Video: The live Desert Bus 2010 stream

Postby Sophira » 28 Dec 2010, 21:24

zfubarz wrote:just a heads up to the dude who wants to build the weird maze thing or whatever...

Yeah, that's really going to make them feel welcomed here... if that were me, I'd feel pretty discouraged just by that line alone.

And how do you know they're a dude?
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 28 Dec 2010, 22:08

Whatever the person is they didn't describe too well, and they're asking for something that's never been attempted on the server, I'd say that qualify's as a weird something thing, also, it sound like a maze, so weird maze thing, seems accurate without any more detail provided.

Also since the person is asking to do it in what is a potentially occupied area, it seems like maybe they should be told quickly. 100x100 is a fairly large area for so close to a population centre.
PodX140
First Video: The Job

Postby PodX140 » 28 Dec 2010, 23:25

Indeed, thanks for the heads up. I have infact chosen a remote island, faaaar northeast. Also, the basic plan for the "dungeon" as it will henceforth be known (at least to me :P), is this:

The quest:

Find and locate hidden codes, located on signs hidden throughout a hidden dungeon filled with traps and other nasties. I'm hoping that people could be considerate and not dig more than 2 blocks past what is already built, as it obviously is not a passage, and it would also prevent them from hitting other secret passages. Also, please replace any and all blocks you remove with that block type, the blocks MAY include sand, dirt, cobblestone, smooth stone, glass, and the like. A chest filled with provisions for the replacement MAY be provided, I'm not sure yet.

Note that any death or loss of items is the users fault, and I am not to blame. Prizes (In-game) may be awarded for the paranoid of the paranoid who manage to find all of the codes (I have to talk with fugi on this, I'm not working my ass off for some jackass to loot the same chest for diamonds over and over :/)

Backstory/rules:

Find the entrance to the dungeon, located on the island at [COORDS HERE]. It will be hidden. Please replace any blocks removed while hunting, and re-seal the entrance. Please do not tear down the trees (I like the natural look :P). Once inside, begin searching for hidden passages, located throughout the dungeon. These will have codes in them, post these codes either here, or on signs in the "main lobby" of the dungeon. Note that some passages may actually be caves, or possibly just seem like them, the area is filled with them :/ After finding what you think is every code, post on the forum on what you've found! I plan to make an individual topic specifically for spoilers on how to find the dungeon and certain codes, for questers to post in. Please do not post any spoiler content on the quest here, as users may want to try to beat my paranoia on their own.

Please do not loot the construction material area, as it is used for dungeon construction. These are the chests found in the main lobby, not stating that they are for replacing blocks.

Note: In case of a creeper explosion, please PM me ASAP, and leave a note in the main lobby saying the dungeon is CLOSED. Please do not continue, and leave the dungeon as it was found when you began. This includes broken blocks (obviously not including the creeper explosion :/), as well as placed torches, irregardless of whether it is a natural cave or not.

Finally, the dungeon is nowhere near completion, and may possibly be under construction constantly, slowly growing new additions and traps. Never assume an area is the same as when you entered it previously.

If this becomes popular, I may create more dungeons with more codes, let me know what you think of both the idea, and the execution (when it opens.)

PS. There is a basic storyboard at /spawn, just left of the rules board, in case you want a reminder in-game.

EDIT: For those curious on how such a design will work, I will have certain days that I will open up my own personal server on which I had created a test version of this sort of idea. It all depends on the demand, really. Also, note that this "dungeon" was not meant to be a dungeon at all, but a home, and only became so labyrinthine from demand as my friends kept finding and looting my other houses (it was a Pvp server).
Last edited by PodX140 on 29 Dec 2010, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
PodX140

Postby PodX140 » 29 Dec 2010, 01:38

And double post, but it's kind of a completely different topic, but still related. How possible would it be to get ahold of one of the crew (prefferably graham, best would be alex), to mention a video idea I just had, relating to this kind of hidey hole paranoia?

The basic idea would be that a crewmember goes to another to borrow some cash, and [Paul, or Alex], go to the basement to get it. The crewmember follows, only to see alex lift off a painting to reveal a hidden passageway. Both go down, to enter into another room, containing a few paintings and a massive safe (or something similar). The crew member heads towards the safe, only to be stopped just in time, as they are told it's a fake, and actually contains an alarm to the police, or maybe something far-fetched (C4?). Alex then moves a rug, and opens up a floor compartment to reveal a cashbox, at which point the money is given. Both go back up, re-hiding everything as they go up. The stinger is something excellent, but I don't want to spoil it, if there is any chance of it being written/made.
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 29 Dec 2010, 02:18

Perhaps the Video Suggestions subforum is what you seek. Just a warning though, the crew typically doesn't take fully fleshed out scripts, they mainly just draw inspiration from what is there. Though perhaps it could be a crapshot...

Also, Too long, didn't read. :P
Just kidding, but DANG if that isn't a long post O_o Like I said, tell me if you need anything.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 29 Dec 2010, 10:14

A few pages back, I mentioned that I was planning to begin construction on a fairly significant surface-level structure on the Creative server, meant to be visible and have its subject identifiable from the Cartograph images that are regularly taken of the servers.

I found an ideal location, on a large ice sheet a ways southeast of spawn. I began working on the dirt outline for the project, and have now realized that there is a small dirt structure in the middle of this frozen lake that wasn't visible on Cartography maps, due to its size and simplicity. There's no label on the structure denoting its owner, so I'm not sure who it belongs to...

EDIT: Found a hole in the center of the structure that comes up from under the lake. It leads to a network of caverns that eventually connect to a small stone ruin on the coast.
Last edited by DmitriW on 29 Dec 2010, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 29 Dec 2010, 21:39

hmmm if that's you just south of mt classy then that little symbol has been on that ice for ages and nobody has touched it, but the island to the west witht eh couple pillars is mine, and you're just below tristram as well.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 29 Dec 2010, 21:51

In the latest cartography maps you can see the 90-degree boundaries of my project. It shouldn't touch any islands.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Aeltrius
First Video: Can't remember.

Postby Aeltrius » 31 Dec 2010, 21:07

Happy New Years, you maggots!
PodX140

Postby PodX140 » 31 Dec 2010, 22:53

Happy new years! I'm sure the new year won't be happy when my dungeon is completed, so love it while you can (and still want to) :P
Gurei
First Video: First Draft Iron Man Trailer

Postby Gurei » 01 Jan 2011, 01:19

May your new year be full of diamonds!
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 01 Jan 2011, 10:58

Finally joined the LRR server and have constructed the Roost!

Please don't burn it down
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 01 Jan 2011, 12:52

Van Academy is back under construction. Still very much in need of ideas for rooms, so feel free to suggest manly chambers of manliness.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Highlander
First Video: Mecha Jackson

Postby Highlander » 01 Jan 2011, 13:35

there is a machine for the testing of manlines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXYTGcY2tlQ
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 01 Jan 2011, 14:42

1) I suck at anything involving redstone
2) I'd prefer ideas for rooms or tests that don't need to be reset.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

DuoNoxSol
First Video: Echo

Postby DuoNoxSol » 01 Jan 2011, 14:48

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:1) I suck at anything involving redstone
2) I'd prefer ideas for rooms or tests that don't need to be reset.

I can create a machine that opens one of three doors. Behind each of those three doors there is either a tunnel (downward) filled with water, with no exit, a safe drop to a safe room, or a pit with fire at the bottom. There are three levers, the outputs of which can be easily changed. What do you think?
1. Acquire chisel and followers
2. Ascend mountain
3. Chisel 15 commandments
4. Drop 5 commandments
5. Make epic speech?
6. Prophet!!!
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 01 Jan 2011, 14:52

Sounds good except for the water filled tunnel, as it sounds quite like a part of an existing test. Next time we're both on the server at the same time, I'll mark out where it could be put. Thanks :)

Return to “Video Games”