LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
zfubarz

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby zfubarz » 11 Jan 2011, 19:26

what did you blow up this time gunner?
DRog
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby DRog » 11 Jan 2011, 19:44

All of it. He blew all of it up.
ClownX
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby ClownX » 11 Jan 2011, 19:51

Yeah. I'm sorry about blowing everything up. I fell off a ledge over the TNT, and I flinched, and clicked, and accidentally set off a block of TNT. On the plus side, the server's back up!
DuoNoxSol
First Video: Echo

Postby DuoNoxSol » 11 Jan 2011, 20:55

Did survival just go under again?
1. Acquire chisel and followers
2. Ascend mountain
3. Chisel 15 commandments
4. Drop 5 commandments
5. Make epic speech?
6. Prophet!!!
Baronjutter
First Video: man cooking

Postby Baronjutter » 11 Jan 2011, 20:56

Anyone have any idea about the status of the survival server or when it might come back?
Koolpin
First Video: Not sure, watched entire archive after

Postby Koolpin » 11 Jan 2011, 20:59

DuoNoxSol wrote:Did survival just go under again?

Signs point to yes
Boots travel on foot. ϟ
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 11 Jan 2011, 21:06

Baronjutter wrote:Anyone have any idea about the status of the survival server or when it might come back?

Survival will be coming back up fucking never. I keep rebooting the damn thing and it isn't working. This use to happen to creative before I banned some guys ass, but I have no idea why it is happening to survival.

I'm done with trying to keep it alive, and I'm too tired to fix it tonight. Post your crackpot theories here and I'll work through them sometime.

In other news: Staying with HazeNET just left the table.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
Koolpin
First Video: Not sure, watched entire archive after

Postby Koolpin » 11 Jan 2011, 21:34

Fugiman wrote:
Baronjutter wrote:Anyone have any idea about the status of the survival server or when it might come back?

Survival will be coming back up fucking never. I keep rebooting the damn thing and it isn't working. This use to happen to creative before I banned some guys ass, but I have no idea why it is happening to survival.

I'm done with trying to keep it alive, and I'm too tired to fix it tonight. Post your crackpot theories here and I'll work through them sometime.

In other news: Staying with HazeNET just left the table.

Crackpot theories? Awesome!

The issues don't coincide with the backups or cartography, so obviously those are ok, though ideally backups would be changed back to every hour instead of every half hour.

First idea, drop as many Hey0 mods as possible, like leafdropper since that isn't necessary.

Second idea, setting the server to restart on the hour while the backup and carto is being done, not necessarily fixing the issue but at least making it so you don't have to keep a watch on it.

Third idea, run some sort of resource hog alongside the minecraft server, it was mostly working fine when both of the servers were going.

The next two are what I consider the most likely, but at the same time are the ones I'd least like to be the problem:

Fourth idea, too many complex redstone circuits, use something to switch all of them to 'off' and the ones still in use can be reactivated by their normal triggers.

Fifth... too many minecarts. ...
Boots travel on foot. ϟ
BillTheCat
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby BillTheCat » 11 Jan 2011, 22:48

Koolpin wrote:Fifth... too many minecarts. ...

I hope not, I haven't built my rollercoaster and spawn-base route yet :)
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 12 Jan 2011, 03:01

My vote is on overuse of minecarts and redstone actually.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 12 Jan 2011, 04:21

Anyone with a spare moment should go and check out Biome 1 at the arcology.

In brief, a bunch of saplings sprouted on three different floors and have merged to form the largest unplanned tree structure I've ever seen. It's engulfing most of the existing floors.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Jostain
First Video: ways to hide a body

Postby Jostain » 12 Jan 2011, 10:52

I find it weird that there would be a pure ram problem since its alone on the server now.

But if it does turn out to be a ram issue we should turn off hostile mobs and see if it helps. as I understand it there has been a number of mob grinders built recently.

in regards to minecarts I dont think there are enough in movement to cause a major drain (unless someone have 500 repeating boosters near spawn). The same goes for red wire. it needs to continuously switch itself on and off to cause drain. if someone have a clock or a huge blinker or something those should probably be turned off.

Start with turning off mobs tough because that is the largest difference between the two servers.
Baronjutter
First Video: man cooking

Postby Baronjutter » 12 Jan 2011, 11:16

Turning off enemies would kinda defeat the purpose of the server no? I guess it might help diagnose. Grinders shouldn't be an issue as monsters only spawn where players are.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 12 Jan 2011, 11:22

Fugiman wrote:InsaneFool: I'll look into it. Your minecraft name is the same I presume.

Yep, its weird...I stopped playing a while back and I heard that the Cathedral was done and wanted to see it for myself.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
GaspodeTheDog

Postby GaspodeTheDog » 12 Jan 2011, 12:43

Jostain wrote:I find it weird that there would be a pure ram problem since its alone on the server now.

But if it does turn out to be a ram issue we should turn off hostile mobs and see if it helps. as I understand it there has been a number of mob grinders built recently.

in regards to minecarts I dont think there are enough in movement to cause a major drain (unless someone have 500 repeating boosters near spawn). The same goes for red wire. it needs to continuously switch itself on and off to cause drain. if someone have a clock or a huge blinker or something those should probably be turned off.

Start with turning off mobs tough because that is the largest difference between the two servers.

Maybe remove all carts from the spawn station for the time being and check it for feedback-loops. Doubt that that is the cause but it's the only big thing that is probably loaded all the time.
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 12 Jan 2011, 13:01

InsaneFool wrote:
Fugiman wrote:InsaneFool: I'll look into it. Your minecraft name is the same I presume.

Yep, its weird...I stopped playing a while back and I heard that the Cathedral was done and wanted to see it for myself.

Alright, I found that you were legitimately banned and never contacted me before now so I just left it. The ban was in regards to the obviously duped diamonds you had. If you have any defense for your possession of them, I can unban you.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
DuoNoxSol
First Video: Echo

Postby DuoNoxSol » 12 Jan 2011, 13:36

Minecraft just passed one million copies sold. Yay for Minecraft!
1. Acquire chisel and followers
2. Ascend mountain
3. Chisel 15 commandments
4. Drop 5 commandments
5. Make epic speech?
6. Prophet!!!
Highlander
First Video: Mecha Jackson

Postby Highlander » 12 Jan 2011, 13:44

WOOT WOOT
Taesarra
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Taesarra » 12 Jan 2011, 14:40

Hey everybody, I've finally settled on what I want my big project to be and I want to be sure I have a spot that won't interfere with other peoples' spaces before I get to work. I have my own mine and everything, but yeah.

The area in red is where I'm thinking of putting my project, it certainly won't take up the whole space, but it will be quite large. It will be a large floating project as well. If you'd need a more refined idea of where the project will be and how much space it will take up, I can make one pretty quickly.

But yeah...Long into short: Is there anybody who has a mine or project in the red-outlined area?
PodX140
First Video: The Job

Postby PodX140 » 12 Jan 2011, 19:29

Errr, Tae, that is still slightly in my cone of awesome, but then again, so is the whole map! :P

I'm just kidding, I've got nothing there, build away!

In other news, new graphics card = win.
Lazarus
First Video: 3 PS3's

Postby Lazarus » 12 Jan 2011, 23:23

I yearn to play with you guys but I can't seem to log on. anything I can do?
Jostain
First Video: ways to hide a body

Postby Jostain » 13 Jan 2011, 02:06

GaspodeTheDog wrote:Maybe remove all carts from the spawn station for the time being and check it for feedback-loops. Doubt that that is the cause but it's the only big thing that is probably loaded all the time.

Mob grinders creates and destroys items at a very rapid speed. lets say that there is a memory leak or something that keeps tracking the items after they have been removed by the timer. under normal circumstances that would not matter much, but a well made grinder creates and destroys over 2000 items by the hour.

lets take mine. during times when I play a lot I could play for a couple of hours (the grinder is always loaded during that time). when I log off it gets unloaded but there seems to be a player building fairly close to me on the "american" side of the userbase. that would mean that the mob spawner could run for 12 hours or more in one day. that is 24000 extra items created and destroyed outside the normal usage. there are 4 of these that I know of on the server.

On the create they don't have these since there is no spawning but they have Redstone circuits and they are played with to a much larger extent than on survival.

If it turns out that the grinders are the problem I suggest people finds a way to turn the grinders off when they are not in use.
This would actually be a good idea anyway to avoid grieving.

PS. I rant a lot... Its a condition I have.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 13 Jan 2011, 05:18

Lazarus wrote:I yearn to play with you guys but I can't seem to log on. anything I can do?

Be sure you have the IP.

Fugiman wrote:Server should be up and running at
lrrcraft.dis.org.nz
or 184.106.111.235 if that doesn't work
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Superdude60
First Video: all the little people

Postby Superdude60 » 13 Jan 2011, 08:14

for some reason i cant seem to access the server? any ideas?
GIR, reporting for duty!
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 13 Jan 2011, 08:27

Superdude60 wrote:for some reason i cant seem to access the server? any ideas?

Cry, and try the thing one post above you while you're at it.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much

Return to “Video Games”