LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
kenohki2
First Video: Desert bus 2009

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby kenohki2 » 23 Jan 2011, 12:07

Ok so apparently there is fire at wargar on creative. Please people post in the forum if you do not get and admin response on the server. We need to know. For now I am bringing the creative server until I or one of the other admins can get in.
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 23 Jan 2011, 12:23

Image for reference.

Looking into rollbacks/mcedit.
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Jan 2011, 12:30

Le Sigh.

If I have to edit it, I'm going straight to deleting chunks.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Jan 2011, 12:40

Seriously, why can't people visit areas without damaging them?

I just went a tour of the near-spawn areas, saw a bunch of neat projects and landmarks and did it without leaving a single trace.

Here's hoping for a speedy fix to this.

~Alja~
Fugiman

Postby Fugiman » 23 Jan 2011, 12:43

The glass shell was broken between the backups of 19h01 and 19h31. The players online during that time were Edwardeps, mcdraw, PAD13, superdude60, InsaneFool, The_Owl, DeadCitizen, and muihtils. If any of you know anything, it would be appreciated ;)

Solution was a rollback of about an hour. Because I'm too damn lazy to download two copies of the world and merge them together.

PROTIP: Don't fuck with lava. Seriously.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Jan 2011, 12:45

By the way, I threw together a display of my own meager efforts on the server so far, in the northwest territories.

The deep mine is extensive, but it is at an average depth of 13, so hopefully won't be much trouble. Far more troublesome are the pair of MASSIVE natural caverns that my mine hit, both of which spiral and climb ridiculously through the surrounding territory, neither of which I have fully explored, and at least one of which has TWO separate sheer canyon openings to the surface.

I've taken a keen interest in canals and railways, so hopefully my mine will continue to provide materials for such efforts. Boats seem really underappreciated, so I hope to set up a series of boathouses, marked channels, and through-hill canals to interconnect the central and northwestern regions more.

~Alja~
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Jan 2011, 12:49

Also, why do none of the railway systems have boosters? They're pretty much useless without them, unless you use powered carts.

~Alja~
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 23 Jan 2011, 12:54

I believe most do but people keep forgetting that minecarts are still nowhere near in perfect working order on smp, and carts disappear or fly off constantly.
Ed.
First Video: Desert bus 3 (started at day 3)

Postby Ed. » 23 Jan 2011, 13:00

alja I'm a fan of setting up transport stuff I built a lot of canals on the previous servers

@zfubarz so that's why the boosters don't have carts on, has anyone tried building around the booster so the cart cant go anywhere?
Spoilers for your life.
The main character dies at the end.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 23 Jan 2011, 13:30

So, would it be possible to make this a private server and only have people who announce themselves with their Minecraft username on the forums or are vouched for by another forum member?
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Fugiman

Postby Fugiman » 23 Jan 2011, 13:47

Some times entities become invisible. The carts may actually be there, you just can't see them ;)
InariKitsune
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby InariKitsune » 23 Jan 2011, 14:37

I think people should get a cake or something on their Birthday. ^_^
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Jan 2011, 14:45

Send me a copy of your birth certificate and a piece of photo ID, and I'll see what I can do.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Gurei
First Video: First Draft Iron Man Trailer

Postby Gurei » 23 Jan 2011, 15:28

Master Gunner wrote:Send me a copy of your birth certificate and a piece of photo ID, and I'll see what I can do.

What, and prove that I don't actually belong in the Order of Alexs'?!
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 23 Jan 2011, 15:35

I had a look at Lying's ball of lava and some stuff...then got caught lost inside the structure cause I'm still figuring out the game then left cause I didn't want to break anything. Sorry if there's a chest of block missing that was supposed to stay put. It all looks pretty breathtaking especially since I can only make coloured wool so far.
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 23 Jan 2011, 15:51

So I've just joined the ranks of Minecrafters (gah, I am so stupid sometimes, class starts tomorrow), but ANYWAY, I've been to the Creative server and it's awesome. Looking forward to claiming a little spot somewhere and just eejiting around. So yay!

(Also, the name PROGRAM_IX has inexplicably been taken on the Minecraft servers, so I'm program9.)
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 23 Jan 2011, 15:55

Map from spawn point would be good if there is one...anyone want to show me around or help me find the Desert Bus? Then maybe show me where/how to trade stuff how to find good places to mine and where to create that I won't inadvertently dig up someone else's claimed resources if there is such a thing.
Image Image
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Jan 2011, 16:10

I will cut a bitch if I find more damage to LRRNAP.

So recently, there were blocks of glass destroyed in Biome 2 (Eastern sphere), then I logged in today to find blocks of dirt taken from part of Biome 1 (Northern sphere) and to seriously drive home my irritated state, there's a chest missing from the donation area.

But if that's not bad enough, there was a hole dug right infront of the donation column that has been flooded and leads to a cave deep down underground. Which has torches already. Which I am currently stuck in.

I've heard tell it may be Derksmite. I recommend booting him ASAP while I attempt to repair everything.

I would also like a copy of the chunks that LRRNAP occupies saved as a schematic in MCEdit if possible, just in case more griefing transpires later on.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 23 Jan 2011, 16:30

Yesterday I was by the lava sphere area and saw signs saying they'd hidden other signs for you to find or something to that effect. So whoever put those there would have been before 10pm EST time if that helps at all. Was that area not supposed to be easily accessible?
Image Image
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Jan 2011, 16:32

Danielle Pepin wrote:Yesterday I was by the lava sphere area and saw signs saying they'd hidden other signs for you to find or something to that effect. So whoever put those there would have been before 10pm EST time if that helps at all. Was that area not supposed to be easily accessible?

Oh no, that's an old game Mimm played. The other signs actually exist and have, to my knowledge, been left where she put them around the site.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 23 Jan 2011, 16:43

Ah that`s cool.

I just had an idea. Maybe if anyone could use some help building stuff I could lend a hand and learn stuff while I do...if I`d even be useful with near empty inventory.
Image Image
War Monkey782
First Video: The first Unskippable

Postby War Monkey782 » 23 Jan 2011, 17:11

With the addition of sandstone I suddenly want to build a Spanish style fort.
Witty and humorous signature here.
SquidlyDigi
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby SquidlyDigi » 23 Jan 2011, 17:34

I came out of nowhere with this Crystalis project, So I'm sorry for imposing..

To those players with structures near or under any of these zones, I hope you'll allow me to transgress your areas as I continue work on this.

The borders will have some amount of mountain around them, so there's a little leeway there. The part in orange I could probably move to that further deserty area. Misalignments and height levels make it difficult to see where everything will end up exactly.

Xardul, and Master Gunner: Your new structures are within the edges a little. Let me know if you're attached to them. They may or may not be safe :x
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Jan 2011, 18:08

Well mine's floating, so just don't make anything too high in that spot where it overlaps, and it should be fine.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Jan 2011, 18:08

While we're on the topic of construction permissions and whatnot, I have a canal project proposal.

The purple marks indicate areas in which I would like to build canals that I feel will greatly improve water travel through the region. These are currently impassible, and seem unrelated to nearby projects. The exception is the bit under the castle bridge / highway, but since that is raised anyways and just has natural sand underneath, I can't imagine much objection.

The blue marks indicate areas which do not prevent boat travel outright, but which I feel slow it down with their presence. The removal of these islands and peninsulas would make boating faster, easier and safer all around. However, they can safely remain as they are as well.

The orange mark indicates the same, but comes in close proximity to someone's property (Duo's, I believe). As such, while I think it would be beneficial to clear, I am hesitant to consider it without full permission and clearance.

Not all of these locations were inspected in person. If I missed anything, or if there are ANY concerns, please speak up.

I'm not going to be working on any of these until I get sufficient clearance, but the sooner I do get cleared, the sooner I can help build up our transit system.

~Alja~

Return to “Video Games”