LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Hekla
First Video: The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Hekla » 01 Apr 2015, 18:33

That looks great, although it might require getting people to use the correct rail (left or right, we haven't really established it yet).

At the moment, minecarts just pile up!
I'm also QuintonDreaming. Stupid username availability prevents me from always being an Icelandic volcano.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 01 Apr 2015, 18:48

Hekla wrote:That looks great, although it might require getting people to use the correct rail (left or right, we haven't really established it yet).

On the right, clearly. Because this is 'MURICA!!!
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 01 Apr 2015, 21:33

Fun fact, the british built (most of) my country's rails so although we've been driving on the right since '45, the trains still run on the left.
RebelliousUno
First Video: don't recall came after unskippable

Postby RebelliousUno » 01 Apr 2015, 23:16

Memo, I looked into the cactus thing a bit ago and it prevents cactus breaking carts sadly :(
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 02 Apr 2015, 01:21

Actually, since there's 2 lanes... So why not one left-hand drive and one right-hand drive? :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 02 Apr 2015, 04:24

RebelliousUno wrote:Memo, I looked into the cactus thing a bit ago and it prevents cactus breaking carts sadly :(

We think it has to do with how permissionsEX and WorldGuard interact with Minecraft's non-player entities. Since carts are entities, PEX treats them as visitors in WorldGuard-protected zones, thus they cannot be destroyed by other players.

...Or wait, this may be entirely within WorldGuard and how its No Mobs rule works. I tried building an iron golem inside spawn city, but the iron T with its jack-o-lantern head never changed into an iron golem - I had to do it outside Spawntown limits. (Yet you can use an egg to spawn babies of non-hostile mobs.) If we can modify the rule to where entity transitions work, that might solve our problems.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 02 Apr 2015, 04:59

So I went and did some research. There's a flag called vehicle-destroy that defaults to denied. Try setting that to allowed.

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Regions/Flags

EDIT: IF that doesn't work, you could probably do a command block on a clock that kills all minecarts.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 02 Apr 2015, 12:58

SAJewers wrote:So I went and did some research. There's a flag called vehicle-destroy that defaults to denied. Try setting that to allowed.

EDIT: IF that doesn't work, you could probably do a command block on a clock that kills all minecarts.

Not a clock, but a Detector Rail on a delay (combo it with an Activator Rail to make sure players exit the cart). Too many constantly-running redstone clocks can get laggy.
KinoGami
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby KinoGami » 02 Apr 2015, 16:52

I have not abandoned my build. just been preoccupied with bloodborne. I should be logging in again soooooon. Just thought i'd let you all know :)
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 03 Apr 2015, 00:01

AdmiralMemo wrote:Actually, since there's 2 lanes... So why not one left-hand drive and one right-hand drive? :D

There was a school that had students go up on the right & down on the left, but they kept bumping into each other (also, there was no 13th floor, despite teachers sending students there)... I wondered what happened to that school? :twisted:

Anyways, assuming the server is back up, I'll likely be returning to tend to my lodge once I get my new PC up & running (be a good stress test outside Steam)... assuming the rail system is still operational (less I have to look it up on the map or public records).

SUPPLEMENTAL Looks like I've been out of the loop here & there's an alt server available. If you could whitelist me, if that's a requirement (Minecraft ID is the same as here), & PM me (so I keep the pestering to a minimum)... That well be great! I've been meaning to get back into Minecraft & my new PC will likely help.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Apr 2015, 01:57

Old server will return to online status as soon as I get MCEdit fixed. I'm like 80% done anyway.

MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 03 Apr 2015, 02:00

Are there any End raid plans? I need a bunch of End Stone to build Venus, and on top of that, it just seems like something fun to do with everyone.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 03 Apr 2015, 02:16

SAJewers wrote:So I went and did some research. There's a flag called vehicle-destroy that defaults to denied. Try setting that to allowed.

Trying to apply this fix today, hopefully it works

TStodden wrote:SUPPLEMENTAL Looks like I've been out of the loop here & there's an alt server available. If you could whitelist me, if that's a requirement (Minecraft ID is the same as here), & PM me (so I keep the pestering to a minimum)... That well be great! I've been meaning to get back into Minecraft & my new PC will likely help.

There's no whitelist, we do however have a permission system. You now have permission

MagisterMystax wrote:Are there any End raid plans? I need a bunch of End Stone to build Venus, and on top of that, it just seems like something fun to do with everyone.

Some people have talked earlier in the thread about raiding the End. Ask around when there's a ton of people on
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 03 Apr 2015, 02:35

Based on how the general population appear to be progressing, and being that we've found at least 2 or 3 strongholds already, my guess is the End raid will probably be soon - maybe even within the month. Smart money's on it being during one of James's "royal visits" to the server, after he's had a few weeks to get his base properly sorted out and looking good.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 03 Apr 2015, 05:55

I still think we should get James and crew in on an End Raid. Maybe we could even give Graham and Alex a server tour.

For stronghold, We've found at least 2, maybe all 3.
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 03 Apr 2015, 09:08

hoping to grab this spot, not sure if i did land claim right or not...

http://i.imgur.com/h8hnpq9.png?1
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Apr 2015, 13:13

Omega Lairon wrote:Based on how the general population appear to be progressing, and being that we've found at least 2 or 3 strongholds already, my guess is the End raid will probably be soon - maybe even within the month. Smart money's on it being during one of James's "royal visits" to the server, after he's had a few weeks to get his base properly sorted out and looking good.
There are only three Strongholds, period. Just saying. If you've found 3 already, that's it. If you have not found 3, but have found 2, you can approximate the third's position... Strongholds are at approximately 120 degrees from each other, based from Spawn. They are also at approximately the same distance. So if you've found 2, then go to Spawn, figure out how far away they are, find the direction halfway between them, then turn around 180 degrees and go that distance. You should find the third Stronghold within a 50-block radius.

ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 03 Apr 2015, 16:31

Also also, once we've done the End raid (or maybe to prepare for it), I vote we do what Memo did and just put an End Portal in Spawn City.
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 03 Apr 2015, 17:54

Apparently during the April Fools update that happened (that i stupidly forgot about), there was a secret QR code that revealed the name of 1.9 update: the combat update

https://twitter.com/dinnerbone/status/5 ... 6167149568
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 03 Apr 2015, 18:14

I've turned two Zombie Spawners into Mob Grinders near (2900, -1430).
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 04 Apr 2015, 05:42

undecided44 wrote:So I guess this is what happens when no one says no.

So a progress update for me and anyone else: lighting problems fixed, just can't leave the last framing sections unlit...

Progress yesterday brought land into sight on the far side, and I'm realizing the bridge will rapidly convert to a just-below-grade-tunnel when it hit's the north shore. Footprint cleared with immediate north shore residents and "off ramp" planned. Next resident north (Romangoro) has port plans, so tie-in possible?

CAN ANYONE SPEAK TO THE SPAWN SUBWAY SOUTHERN BRANCH PLANS? I was planning for four travel lanes with outside lanes for local bridge crossing, and inside distance travel-spawn to as yet unnamed terminus in the south.
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 04 Apr 2015, 07:12

Alright, so we have configured the server with some new plugins today, here's a breakdown of what's been added and what you can now do:

Essentials: Essentials is a massive mod that adds a ton of functionality, this will add the ability to warp, have an economy, a proper mail system, server time and many more features. You can now ask another player for permission to teleport to them, teleport back to your point of death (I found this was a nice compromise to the people who wanted to keep their inventories on death), teleport to your set home locations. Essentials does a lot of back-end command stuff for the server now

BetterShops: Spawn will now be populated with different stores you can buy things at with your new hard earned virtual cashmoney, there will also be a pawnshop where you can get money by selling your junk. Players can also open their own stores in the spawn Bazaar. Opening a store holds a basic cost of 200 credits and you can only have two so you can have one at spawn and one at home. For more information on how to use BetterShops go here: https://github.com/moomaxie/BetterShops/wiki

BetterSleep: Works exactly like Morpheus for Forge. Now only half of the people on the server have to be asleep for it to turn day again and there's a message telling you how many people are asleep.

DynMap Changes: You can now set signs that will appear as markers on the dynmap so you can mark out your house and other interesting locations, worldguard regions will also now appear on the map. Additionally the DynMap login is now working so you can now chat with people from outside the game.

Here's some of the new commands:
Essentials:

/afk - Set yourself to AFK mode, you'll be unmovable, invincible and unable to pick up items
/book - Edit a book you have already finished
/compass - Show what direction you are heading in
/depth - Shows your Z-axis is relation to sea level
/getpos - Get your coordinates
/help - What it says on the tin
/ignore - Ignores a player
/info - Shows you server info
/list - Shows you online players
/mail read - Read your mail
/mail clear - Clear your mailbox
/mail send - Send mail to another player
/me - Lets you do emotes like "/me eats a bagel" Which shows up in game for example as "LambMower eats a bagel"
/motd - Shows you the welcome message
/msg - Whisper another player
/near (radius) - Shows you players close by
/recipe - Shows the recipe to make something
/rules - Shows you the server rules
/seen - Shows you when someone was last on the server
/suicide - Says goodbye to this cruel world
/whois - Shows you information about a player

Economy:

/balance - Shows you how much money you have
/balancetop - Shows you the top moneyhoarders on the server
/pay - Gives a player an amount
/worth - Shows you your net worth

Teleport:

/spawn - Teleports you back to Spawntown
/home - Brings back to home sweet home
/back - Teleports you back to your last destination, can be used to teleport back to your last point of daeth
/warp - Lets you warp to a set location
/warp list - Shows you the list of warps you can use in the previous command
/tpa - Ask permission to teleport to another player
/tpahere - Ask permission to teleport another player to you
/tpaccept (player) - Accept another players TP request
/tpdeny (player) - Deny Them
/tptoggle (player) - Toggle a players ability to TP to you

Dynmap Markers:

/dmarker icons - Set what icon you want your marker to have
/dmarker listsets - Shows you the different icons
Shops:
/sremove - Removes a shop you have placed
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 04 Apr 2015, 07:16

There's a new server?

Man, I haven't been in this thread in a long time.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 04 Apr 2015, 07:36

LambMower wrote:Here's some of the new commands:
[collapsed]

Are there other commands installed earlier that I might have missed?

Also, if one wanted to post a "help wanted" ad for, say, an interior decorator, should one mention it here or put up a sign somewhere on spawn town?
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 04 Apr 2015, 11:45

romangoro wrote:
LambMower wrote:Here's some of the new commands:
[collapsed]

Are there other commands installed earlier that I might have missed?

Also, if one wanted to post a "help wanted" ad for, say, an interior decorator, should one mention it here or put up a sign somewhere on spawn town?

There's a board at the entrance to spawntown, that'd be the place

Return to “Video Games”