LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Drakmon
First Video: lost planet

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Drakmon » 14 Apr 2015, 07:53

Hi, can i get permission on the server, keep missing the mods as i'm in the uk so i thought i'd ask on here :3 minecraft name is Drakmon
Electricfox
First Video: Desert bus

Postby Electricfox » 14 Apr 2015, 10:31

SAJewers wrote:Probably branch off from the path to your area.

Might be prudent first though to make sure whoever is building on that island is OK with it.

Works for me chaps, build away :)
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 14 Apr 2015, 19:56

Okay, I've only just picked up MineCraft... so there goes any time I had. However, this means I am a complete noob, aside from what I've seen James do. Would I be better off setting up a single player server, or jumping into an online server? If the latter, the obvious choice is the LRR server (which I need permission for? username: ritchards), but is there a better choice for learning on?
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 14 Apr 2015, 20:23

I'd say get the basic of the interface by doing a creative single-player. Once you've done that, try a bit of single-player survival. Once you've got the gist of that, hop online. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 14 Apr 2015, 23:20

As Memo has stated, starting in Solo Creative is probably the best place to start to get the basic controls down.

Then going Solo Survival on Peaceful is the next viable step to get the grasp of resource & inventory management as well as environmental hazards (falls, lava & drowning / suffocation) without having to call with hostile mobs (Any aggressive / hostile mobs will be self-inflicted). The downside of Peaceful difficulty is that you won't have all the items available because of the lack of some mob drops.

The next step is to go up to Easy difficulty for the hostile mobs (Zombie, Skeletons & Creepers to start), which is the base difficulty you'll run into on the more friendly servers (most servers will run at normal difficulty)... Which is around the same time you'll probably want to go multiplayer.

As for online servers, rules & communities can vary GREATLY. Most public servers generally have the "Don't be a dick" ideal for rules & practically no assistance for newbies. For friendly servers (which have incurred some initial development around the default spawn area), there's usually some public services for resources (starter kits, public farms, community storage, ect.) that newbies can utilize to get started so they don't have to completely struggle (finding a place to settle, is another thing).

The one potentially major help / hindrance are the other players at the time. While friends can help you out (with projects or items), while less desirable players could troll your projects OR kill you (if PvP is permitted)... so it's a mixed bag, depending on the server & the general population.

I kind this might be a bit much to start, but you'll get a hang of it.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
ArthurArthur
First Video: 1337

Postby ArthurArthur » 15 Apr 2015, 00:22

Hi! Could I please have access to the server? My username is ArthurArthur.

Also, what IP should I use?

Thanks!

I've been watching James stream for months and finally decided to give it a try. However, playing locally is pretty much the loneliest thing I have ever experienced. Would love to just be on a small plot far away on the LRR server. Just knowing other people are around will probably make it more enjoyable :)
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 15 Apr 2015, 01:04

Drakmon wrote:Hi, can i get permission on the server, keep missing the mods as i'm in the uk so i thought i'd ask on here :3 minecraft name is Drakmon

ArthurArthur wrote:Hi! Could I please have access to the server? My username is ArthurArthur.

Also, what IP should I use?

Thanks!

I've been watching James stream for months and finally decided to give it a try. However, playing locally is pretty much the loneliest thing I have ever experienced. Would love to just be on a small plot far away on the LRR server. Just knowing other people are around will probably make it more enjoyable :)

You both have permission.
The IP is lrrmc.rebellious.uno

Have fun!
Drakmon
First Video: lost planet

Postby Drakmon » 15 Apr 2015, 02:39

Thank you :3
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 15 Apr 2015, 04:36

Can sea lanterns be purchased?
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
ArthurArthur

Postby ArthurArthur » 15 Apr 2015, 06:50

Thanks!

Issue I have now: I get a "can't resolve hostname" for both lrrmc.rebellious.uno and lrrmc.dahou.se. The first gives me "unknown host" when I try to join anyway. The second gives me a "connection refused" Java error.

I can connect to random other multiplayer servers just fine.

Can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong? I'm on a Mac. Sorry for being a bother and thanks so much for the help!
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 15 Apr 2015, 10:38

Rikadyn wrote:Can sea lanterns be purchased?

You used to be able to in the Underground Market, but then the Shop stuff broke.

Someone was working on a Guardian farm, though I don't know how that's going.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 15 Apr 2015, 10:48

ArthurArthur wrote:Thanks!

Issue I have now: I get a "can't resolve hostname" for both lrrmc.rebellious.uno and lrrmc.dahou.se. The first gives me "unknown host" when I try to join anyway. The second gives me a "connection refused" Java error.

I can connect to random other multiplayer servers just fine.

Can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong? I'm on a Mac. Sorry for being a bother and thanks so much for the help!

It's probably something with the DNS you're using. I had a similar issue when trying to join the server initially. Try OpenDNS and see if that helps.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 15 Apr 2015, 15:12

SAJewers wrote:

You used to be able to in the Underground Market, but then the Shop stuff broke.

That was probably me, and the farm is completed:
http://lrrmap.rebellious.uno/?worldname=world&mapname=surface&zoom=5&x=3875&y=64&z=-246

A warning though: while the farm can do 8k drops when I'm alone on the server the performance degrades rapidly as soon as somebody else logs on. currently the farm has only 9 spawnable chunks and that just does not compare to the 81 any other player on the server has. I've worked out a plan to up it to the max of 25? chunks, but that requires a ton of resources (and is still far less than any other player).
Feel free to take a look and afk there for a while.
Rikadyn

Postby Rikadyn » 15 Apr 2015, 17:58

zeth_russ wrote:
SAJewers wrote:

That was probably me, and the farm is completed:
http://lrrmap.rebellious.uno/?worldname=world&mapname=surface&zoom=5&x=3875&y=64&z=-246

A warning though: while the farm can do 8k drops when I'm alone on the server the performance degrades rapidly as soon as somebody else logs on. currently the farm has only 9 spawnable chunks and that just does not compare to the 81 any other player on the server has. I've worked out a plan to up it to the max of 25? chunks, but that requires a ton of resources (and is still far less than any other player).
Feel free to take a look and afk there for a while.

Ooh, you're due north of me as well, neat :P
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Rikadyn

Postby Rikadyn » 16 Apr 2015, 04:26

alright, went and looked, cannot for the life of me figure it out lol
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 16 Apr 2015, 08:37

Rikadyn wrote:alright, went and looked, cannot for the life of me figure it out lol

stand on the dark prismarine and wait, drops appear in the chests :)
TheWiseone
First Video: Pachinima

Postby TheWiseone » 16 Apr 2015, 10:34

:shock: Ooh a new server.

It's been a long while. I've missed this community. Not logged in for some time here either. Lots of stuff going on; long story.

Looking to get on to have some fun with you guys again. I assume the regulations are similar to before, so here's my relevant information (i.e: name): jeremy2d

:D
Man-Lovin' Lentil-Muffins -?
Rikadyn

Postby Rikadyn » 16 Apr 2015, 13:57

zeth_russ wrote:
Rikadyn wrote:alright, went and looked, cannot for the life of me figure it out lol

stand on the dark prismarine and wait, drops appear in the chests :)

I couldn't figure out how to get to anything, I just walked along the wall for 5mins.. :?
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 16 Apr 2015, 14:20

I logged into the server once before but there was no one online to authorize me. Username is DeimirTM if you could turn on privileges for me please. Looking at the map I'd like to start building around 5200, -929 if that's okay.

EDIT: If you want me closer to spawn, just about anywhere mountainous and snowy will do.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 16 Apr 2015, 18:30

Big thanks to everyone that chipped in to build Jamestown. I'm trying to get all the credits to put on a wall there, and to send a nice reward for their efforts, so if you helped or know someone who did help just tell me on the thread.

And it's probably nice that James has somewhere to walk to for trading.

TheWiseone wrote::shock: Ooh a new server.

It's been a long while. I've missed this community. Not logged in for some time here either. Lots of stuff going on; long story.

Looking to get on to have some fun with you guys again. I assume the regulations are similar to before, so here's my relevant information (i.e: name): jeremy2d

:D

I gotcha while you were there, so that's resolved. :)

Deimir wrote:I logged into the server once before but there was no one online to authorize me. Username is DeimirTM if you could turn on privileges for me please. Looking at the map I'd like to start building around 5200, -929 if that's okay.

EDIT: If you want me closer to spawn, just about anywhere mountainous and snowy will do.

You got perms too. I don't think your claim should be of any problem with anyone else
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 16 Apr 2015, 21:56

SAJewers wrote:This might have gotten buried, but this is what I'm thinking:

Have a bridge (and maybe a rail line) across the ocean there so one doesn't have to go all the way west and cross at the mesa/ Fort Richard Butt.

So with building plans ongoing for an eastern spur, how about a discussion of the southern spur?

Two proposed footprints (dashed yellow above) with callouts for the southern end of spawn subway just east of the Herbert Hole and the northern end of my bridge building project. I'm hoping to get feedback from everyone who has settled south of spawn on the areas in which they've planned to build, and their interest for a trunk rail-line to connect spawn with the south. Eventually I'm hoping to create a new community center under the mountain range in the neck of land about x=-400, z=2780, or the island beyond (x=-480, z=3200).

I've marked the building I know of on the picture, but I am uncertain as to their underground impacts, and I'm hoping to avoid barging through people's tunnels. Feedback and commentary are encouraged on the overland/underground options for this line, and proposals for alternate pathways north.
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 17 Apr 2015, 01:33

An amusing realization comes to me. I still have a whole continent to myself! I shall name it...

(And yes, I have a flag. :P )
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
ArthurArthur

Postby ArthurArthur » 17 Apr 2015, 02:24

eostby wrote:It's probably something with the DNS you're using. I had a similar issue when trying to join the server initially. Try OpenDNS and see if that helps.

That was it! I switched from my ISP's to Google's DNS and immediately had a connection. Interestingly enough, OpenDNS didn't work. Thanks!
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 17 Apr 2015, 05:06

1.8.4 is now out. Includes some security fixes.

https://mojang.com/2015/04/minecraft-1-8-4-security-release/

Apparently the main security issues have already been fixed in Spigot:

Spigot Main Site wrote:For security reasons it is recommended that all users upgrade to Minecraft 1.8.3 by re-running BuildTools. A fix for 1.8 is also available via the --rev 1.8 argument. At this stage there is no fix for 1.7.10 or below, however given these builds have been unsupported for more than 7 months, we recommend that all servers look into upgrading. For those using Vanilla, it is anticipated a fixed 1.8.4 version will be released by Mojang soon.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 17 Apr 2015, 05:43

undecided44 wrote:
SAJewers wrote:This might have gotten buried, but this is what I'm thinking:

Have a bridge (and maybe a rail line) across the ocean there so one doesn't have to go all the way west and cross at the mesa/ Fort Richard Butt.

So with building plans ongoing for an eastern spur, how about a discussion of the southern spur?

Two proposed footprints (dashed yellow above) with callouts for the southern end of spawn subway just east of the Herbert Hole and the northern end of my bridge building project. I'm hoping to get feedback from everyone who has settled south of spawn on the areas in which they've planned to build, and their interest for a trunk rail-line to connect spawn with the south. Eventually I'm hoping to create a new community center under the mountain range in the neck of land about x=-400, z=2780, or the island beyond (x=-480, z=3200).

I've marked the building I know of on the picture, but I am uncertain as to their underground impacts, and I'm hoping to avoid barging through people's tunnels. Feedback and commentary are encouraged on the overland/underground options for this line, and proposals for alternate pathways north.

You've got my area a bit bigger and farther to the east than what I'm actually planning to use. I currently have no plans to expand beyond the circle of guild symbols around my land, and the road leading east from my place isn't something I've claimed or anything either. (It just connects my land with the other roads) As for my underground reach, I've probably mined beyond my own land, but it's more likely to have happened to the north and west, not the south and east. If any of my mines do happen to be in the railway's way, I have absolutely no problem with them being broken for it.

By the way, have we considered building the railway in the Nether instead? The south is already far easier to reach through the Nether, and I don't know if it's worth all that effort to build overworld rails that far out.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax

Return to “Video Games”