LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby TStodden » 24 Apr 2015, 01:08

Macheya, you just did the first thing... post here. Just wait for one of the server mods to grant build permissions before signing on to minimize headaches.

As for my current "Public Works" project, the "Lusian Trail" (working name) has completed it's initial phase of construction with the generous support of fellow players with the mass donation of cobblestone. Phase 2 (expanding the path & adding steps) will be happening in the next week, so those making the trek from SpawnTown to JamesTown on foot, please take some caution while traveling the ~2.2 km trail.

Current hazards include: Narrowing path (down to from 3 down to 1 block in width between Little Arcadium & Rogue's place), fall damage (no rails are in place in the skybridge sections of the trail), hostile mobs (little to no nighttime lighting) & no roadsigns (Reminder: West to JamesTown, East to SpawnTown). I'm please to note that no open lava pits were discovered during phase 1 of construction & hope this continues through phase 2 & 3.

While I do greatly appreciate all the donation of cobblestone so far, which has greatly accelerated this project, further support is still requested for cobblestone as there's a lot of safety rails & a fair amount of steps needed to complete this project. As before, feel free to unload all unwanted cobblestone (& regular stone) at the public storage hut OR the chest near Lava Bears Stoneworks in Little Arcadium. As previously stated, all cobblestone donations will be used primarily for road construction.

When we reach phase 3, donation requests will be for spare wood (preferably oak logs / planks), coal / charcoal & glowstone for lighting (initially by torch, but glowstone or similar lights are preferred), road signs & rest areas along the trail... but this is currently a low priority.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Thanatos5150
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Thanatos5150 » 24 Apr 2015, 04:12

Roadbuilding Idea:
Currently, all roads lead to Spawnton, which I'm fine with, but maybe we could add just, like, a giant road circling Spawnton, so those of us with horses don't have to cheese our way over the gates, get lost in Spawnton, and/or the fields surrounding it.
Just one giant, three-space high, two space wide circle, with signs at the major intersections.
It could also double as a handy signpost for "Worldguard ends here, if it extends outside the Spawnton borders a little.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 24 Apr 2015, 09:24

I already asked SquareDotCube about that yesterday and he said that the new Spawntown renovations will include greater horse accessibility.

The problem with connecting the NW with both the South and the NE is the presence of that Extreme Hills Biome. Right now, I just can't see a way to easily connect the NW with the NE or the South while bypassing Spawn, but it's something to consider talking to Vola and the rest of the Public Roads crew about.
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 24 Apr 2015, 15:02

I was poking around the hills near my place and I found this partially completed house. There was no sign on it at the time, I added it to make the map marker. Do we know who, if anyone, lives here? There's a dog and cat inside, along with two chests loaded up with a pretty hefty stash of potions. There's also a flag outside but I didn't find a match on the Wall Of Heraldry in town.

Last edited by Deimir on 25 Apr 2015, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 25 Apr 2015, 01:00

I believe that's the house of the one-time visitor who turned out to be responsible for the thefts. I assume they're banned now.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 25 Apr 2015, 03:31

Pigspawn sorting is FUBAR
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 25 Apr 2015, 04:45

I don't think the sorter's worked right in any case.

Anyways, giving a heads up: I won't be on as much as my desktop's having freezing issues that have only increased within the last few days. It's likely the 6-year-old PSU, the oldest component of this computer, that's finally giving death throes.
Deimir

Postby Deimir » 25 Apr 2015, 05:42

MagisterMystax wrote:I believe that's the house of the one-time visitor who turned out to be responsible for the thefts. I assume they're banned now.

If a mod can confirm that this is the case, I can easily teleport the chest contents back to spawn since the building is only a 30 second walk from my front door. And then I'll blow the house up with TNT afterwards.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 25 Apr 2015, 06:07

On the topic of who owns builds, anyone know who owns [utl=http://lrrmap.rebellious.uno/index.html?worldname=world&mapname=surface&zoom=7&x=169&y=64&z=-345]this?
Deimir

Postby Deimir » 25 Apr 2015, 06:55

Decided to push the rear wall of my mine back a few meters, ran into this fun little formation.

Gems - Click to Expand
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 25 Apr 2015, 07:20

squaredotcube wrote:I don't think the sorter's worked right in any case.

Anyways, giving a heads up: I won't be on as much as my desktop's having freezing issues that have only increased within the last few days. It's likely the 6-year-old PSU, the oldest component of this computer, that's finally giving death throes.

There is normal not working and it's current state. Currently is working about as well as US Congress.
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Apr 2015, 10:39

Rikadyn wrote:Pigspawn sorting is FUBAR
I noticed that and tried to fix it, but I have no idea how it was sorting in the first place without redstone comparators.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

KinoGami
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby KinoGami » 25 Apr 2015, 15:20

there is a wall of heraldry? I should get my flag banner on it?

Edit:
It turns out there is just one for order of the holy rectangle members. We should have a general one for everyone maybe?
TStodden
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 25 Apr 2015, 23:43

Just a quick note that development of the "Lusian Trail" has temporarily suspended due to the exhaustion of resources for Phase 2 of construction (Railings & Refinement). Development will resume once I restock my cobblestone supply to craft into slabs & fence pieces to protect careless travelers from fall off the bridges (& possibly killing themselves in the process).

Development around Rogue's Place is pretty much complete through Phase 3 (Lighting & Signposts) of the project, but places westward are still incomplete, so travelers are still advised to exercise caution while passing through. The path from JamesTown's North Gate to the intersection seems fairly complete (as somebody replaced the working bridge with a more intricate one. Thank you, whoever you may be! It's a lot nicer than the one would have crafted for this project), but lighting might be lacking a little bit in that area & will be address in Phase 3.

As mentioned before, anybody willing to donate spare or unwanted cobblestone may drop it off in the community storage hut (or near the Lava Bears Stoneworks) in Little Arcadium (Located on the Lusian Trail, just head north at the one intersection on the skybridge) to help accelerate this project.
~TStodden
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 26 Apr 2015, 02:42

Could probably save yourself a bit of grief if you used wood fences instead of cobble walls. xD

I'll see if I can get you guys some more stone. ^_^ Road West of Spawn, right?
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Apr 2015, 04:09

I'll donate some cobble if I can find the place.

Laserbeaks Fury
First Video: Checkpoint S1E1

Postby Laserbeaks Fury » 26 Apr 2015, 04:54

I had an idea for a build, but I'm terrible at planning complex structures, especially ones incorporating 3D models. Does anyone have a talent for this sort of thing? I'm totally in for all the gruntwork, Just need a blueprint to bring it all together.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 26 Apr 2015, 11:08

What kind of thing do you need Laserbeaks?
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Laserbeaks Fury

Postby Laserbeaks Fury » 26 Apr 2015, 16:41

ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 26 Apr 2015, 16:44

Might be difficult to get that kind of granularity with just 1 meter cubes.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
Laserbeaks Fury

Postby Laserbeaks Fury » 26 Apr 2015, 17:25

I'm fine with it being a bit "bigger" to get definition.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Apr 2015, 18:51

Well, it's naturally going to be big anyway. That's a whole lighthouse on top, and if you're making it to scale, then you'll have plenty of details in places other than the hand and maybe some of the hair. It'll probably be a mountain larger than Mt. LRRmore.

TStodden

Postby TStodden » 26 Apr 2015, 21:53

I can work on getting the cobblestone as well, but it's just the time requirements to harvest it & I know my generator averages 2.25 stacks / ~10 minutes. I know I could switch to wood as well, but I prefer to keep a continuity in the construction personally, but I'll generally leave contributions from others alone when completed.

If you're looking my place on the DynMap, you should be able to find the road & my place (roughly -1900, 100)... or roughly 1.7 KM WEST of the SpawnTown Garden Center (or keep going west from Fools' Corner). For reference, Jamestown is 300m further (roughly 2 KM from SpawnTown) on the road.

Once the rails are in, I'll be looking at lighting, signs & rest stops where the wood will be needed, but I have a reasonable amount on hand for torches.
~TStodden
RoentgeniumFinger

Postby RoentgeniumFinger » 27 Apr 2015, 05:41

I recently found a horse in my build after having been away for like a week or so. I found it trapped in a hole, and it already had a saddle on it. If it's yours, you're free to come get it, but otherwise, I am keeping him.

romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 27 Apr 2015, 10:47

@undecided44, for the record, feel free to take any resources you might need for your build from my house (all in the workshop inside my house) If you take trees, the rule would be cut one, plant all you can.

Return to “Video Games”