LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby TStodden » 13 May 2015, 09:59

So far, the Lusian Trail, for all practical purposes, is considered complete for the southern route (between Little Arcadium & JamesTown). I did leave a tiny nub at the end of the southern path for future expansion, if anybody wishes to continue. As mentioned, I had to deviate a bit from a straight path due to some developments outside the eastern gate at JamesTown that may have caused issues (& greatly increased time requirements) building through.

As mentioned before, the roads are public works, so modifications are permitted / welcomed since cobblestone roads might not be your thing.

Right now, I'm working on building Little Arcadium's upper level, as I have leveled a reasonable chunk to build on. However, since it's in the "extreme hills", I may be incorporating a treetop village section for variety (that's really going to please the druids on the server... //end sarcasm)... I'll see how it goes as I'm looking for some jungle saplings to get my first tree grown to get close to the started bridge.

For material requests, are there any iron mills on the server? I know there's a viable design where you grind iron golems, but I wanted to check since I'm a little lazy in terms of mining harder-to-find resources. I mostly need iron (for the hoppers) to craft a basic automatic furnace & a charcoal generator. I'm working on converting a spare chest of cobblestone into stone & stone bricks for personal projects, which does included remodeling Arcadium Tower (the cobblestone build was just a temporary deal just to get something there).

I may needed to resize my land claim in the future (likely by 0.1 Km^2 west / northwest), but I'll address it as I build / sprawl in Little Arcadium.

For concerns, there has been some unrepaired creeper damage in my area. While the damage was not serious (not in the area of the cobblestone generator, otherwise I'd be a bit less civil here due to harder-to-replace components), it is a bit annoying. If a creeper does damage an area, please use any materials in public storage (the smooth granite building, next to the bridge on the upper level) to repair it. Travel through the construction shelter on the lower level & the tower is expected. I'll be building my permanent residence on the upper level over the next few days / weeks.

Additionally, please close the doors & gates behind you as you pass through (or at least on your way back) as these are some anti-mob measures to project those against some (but not all) hostile mobs. It's a bit annoying to see open doors that I didn't leave when running through my area.

That's all I have for now.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 13 May 2015, 12:23

I've been hoping to get an iron farm set up for a while now (or better in my opinion, an NPC vendor with an unlimited supply). For the moment, TSTodden, I can help you get the iron you need if you give me an estimate of how much.
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 13 May 2015, 16:52

BTW, how does The End work in multiplayer? Is the Dragon spawned per person? Only once? Has it already been dealt with?
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 13 May 2015, 18:27

The dragon only spawns once per world, including multiplayer servers. I don't know if anyone has taken it down on this one, but I know on the last server I played on regularly, it was a big server event to raid the end and complete the fight.

Which I got disconnected during, because the microwave at my old place killed the internet. Woo. XD
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 13 May 2015, 20:11

To whomever stole the signs from the upstairs mailroom in the new Hall of Chests:
Seriously? Signs? I don't even.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 14 May 2015, 03:28

ChroniclerC wrote:To whomever stole the signs from the upstairs mailroom in the new Hall of Chests:
Seriously? Signs? I don't even.

There's theft again? ಠ_ಠ
The new hall of chests looks great btw, post office is suppose to be a different building though.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 14 May 2015, 05:54

Atifexe wrote:The dragon only spawns once per world, including multiplayer servers. I don't know if anyone has taken it down on this one, but I know on the last server I played on regularly, it was a big server event to raid the end and complete the fight.

Which I got disconnected during, because the microwave at my old place killed the internet. Woo. XD

It hasn't. It's been discussed a few times already, each time quickly ending at "James should stream it" with potential times never being discussed.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 14 May 2015, 06:21

Well, James' stream is going to start soon. We could do it today?
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 14 May 2015, 08:44

If you want James to join an ender raid, make sure James is actually aware that it's a thing you want to do with him :P
craddz1967
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby craddz1967 » 14 May 2015, 09:31

Wasn't there a suggestion that it could be a CTS idea?
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 14 May 2015, 16:05

Spent about an hour assembling my front gate today. I love when an overly convoluted redstone gadget comes together.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 15 May 2015, 23:43

So, dumb question, but aside from other players, what are the current methods of obtaining $$$ on the server at the moment?
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 16 May 2015, 01:21

Sell gold or emeralds to the pawn shop in spawn.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 16 May 2015, 04:31

FYI you can now also sell Bones to the Pawn shop. Plus, there are people buying items in the Underground Market (right-click the sign I think?)
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 16 May 2015, 06:50

A creeper exploded at me behind the capitol building earlier. There's a little bit of damage to the building, but I wasn't quite sure how to repair it.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 16 May 2015, 22:44

For the two automatic furnace (one dedicated as a charcoal generator), I'll need 30 bars for the 6 hoppers.

The charcoal generator will need 6 pieces of redstone for 3 dispensers & the comparator. I'm willing to build the charcoal generator in JamesTown as it's a good quick public works item... but it better to locate near tree farms (logs go in, charcoal comes out... No extra input required, once primed). The footprint is small (2x3x4), so it can fit in most places.

I'm just trying to build & work with renewable resources, as I don't like exhausting non-renewables (like diamonds) if I can avoid it.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 17 May 2015, 10:29

I tried to deliver your needed resources to the post office, but I couldn't find it.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 17 May 2015, 13:54

Atifexe wrote:I tried to deliver your needed resources to the post office, but I couldn't find it.

That's because the old one was moved/destroyed and the new one is currently a green outline on the ground. We're rebuilding the core of Spawntown so that it's not as easy to get lost in.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 17 May 2015, 14:57

There is a small, possibly temporary post office on the upper floor of the new Hall of Chests, in the meantime.
EDIT: Speaking of, can we get signs added to the list of things people are allowed to place in Spawn?
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 18 May 2015, 17:01

Sorry I've been absent from the server the past week, I've been caught up with playing Knights of the old republic, As soon as I get bored I shall be back to continue building the bridge.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 19 May 2015, 13:40

If Chron doesn't mind, I've updated the interior of the Hall of Chests. the ground level has a nice workshop look to it, and the basement's now made of bricks.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 19 May 2015, 17:38

Mostly to Drakmon, but it counts as a progress report for everyone else as well: I've built out the main road to the edge of your fortress (as I had incorrectly assumed that your wall was actually a road I could connect to), so the big question I have is shall I take it around your wall or over it?

Addendum to this main point: If anyone would like to contribute time, cobble, or torches to this project, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 19 May 2015, 21:55

squaredotcube wrote:If Chron doesn't mind, I've updated the interior of the Hall of Chests. the ground level has a nice workshop look to it, and the basement's now made of bricks.

I know Spawn City isn't mine, but I'd really rather you have asked before you did it. "Better to ask forgiveness than permission" is actually a really poor saying to follow if you don't want to anger people.

However, I don't mind enough to argue it. Let's just leave it at that.
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

Postby FourEyedTroll » 20 May 2015, 01:17

Is that the community storage?

New look is ok, but feels a bit claustrophobic. Also, the stairs and doorways off of it feel a bit tight. Not the smoothest place to navigate. :/
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se
KinoGami
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby KinoGami » 20 May 2015, 07:38

I will be on again soooooooon. Like hopefully tonight. Gotta dig that hole deeper

Return to “Video Games”