LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby SAJewers » 26 May 2015, 06:28

Once the railway for the Andrew Shephard Bridge is done, you can have our excess rails.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 26 May 2015, 07:37

There appears to be oodles and oodles (and oodles) of cobblestone at the Hall of Chests.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 26 May 2015, 08:39

ChroniclerC wrote:There appears to be oodles and oodles (and oodles) of cobblestone at the Hall of Chests.

I've set up an autofurnace to convert some of that cobblestone into smooth stone, which then can be split between slabs and stone blocks. The autofurnace can be found where the "unused" part of the bookshelves used to be.
ExhaustedElox
First Video: Early Checkpoint episodes on PATV

Postby ExhaustedElox » 26 May 2015, 09:22

Quick note as I've just been verified on the server:

Are there any plans regarding Bontoon Bluffs? I don't want to step on any toes with my plans for a rural community in the sticks.

To that end, can I put my name on the house that's there?
Does anyone know who's in charge? I'd like to file a grievance.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 26 May 2015, 16:54

In spawn town's capital building, there it's a surveyor's office. In addition to checking here, be sure to check there to see if the location you'd like to build at is free. :)
necargoface
First Video: Friday Nights- Time Walk

Postby necargoface » 26 May 2015, 18:39

OK, so who want's a group project?
SAJewers, Sky, and I decided to make a series of areas similar to Jamestown for the other LRR members.
Alex= Alex Steation
Graham= Graham's Snark Shark Island
Kathleen= The Pathleen DeTour -Claimed
Beej= Beej Dairy
Ian= Ian Harbour -Claimed
Paul= Paul Sandbar
Adam= Adam's 24 Hour Fishing Stream
Cam= Cameron's Baurter Port Town -Claimed
Heather= EnDeary Heating

If you want to claim a project, just post. We need, however, to help each other in these endeavors in order to really succeed. One person alone probs can't do one of these projects.
This is a signature. You are a human. This conversation is over
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 May 2015, 19:15

I like the Paul Sandbar idea.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 26 May 2015, 22:28

There's been a few unfortunate injuries and deaths from players getting caught up in the "new & improved" fast travel freefall at the nether XP farm. Seems to be a small hiccup in the timing of the redstone circuitry for opening up the lower trapdoor, causing people to splatter into it while it's still closed.

For the time being, I've removed the second trapdoor, as well as the tripwires around the inside of the shaft. Since the second trapdoor and surrounding mechanisms were installed so that players can access the freefall from the lower level of the XP farm instead of having to climb all the way to the top, I've made a few modifications to the lower level so that this access is still possible... just a teensy bit less safe than before. It just means that there's no safety platform on this level - you'll just have to walk directly into the open shaft.

ExhaustedElox wrote:Quick note as I've just been verified on the server:

Are there any plans regarding Bontoon Bluffs? I don't want to step on any toes with my plans for a rural community in the sticks.

To that end, can I put my name on the house that's there?

I originally just set it up as a farming outpost - hence the extensive potato patch and spruce forest. Aside from that, I had no real plans for it beyond putting in a few more buildings to make sort of a small village look and feel. I'm not as active on the server as I used to be and/or would like to be, so I encourage any and all who want to settle in to do so, of if you just want to drop by for a load of wood, that's fine too.

So yeah, go ahead ^_^ . There's a half-excavated mineshaft under the mountain just east of town, a charcoal generator, and bunch of supplies in the maintenance shed to get started with - help yourself!

I do have one minor request though, there's a tiny pool of water just beside/under the potato patch - if possible, could you try to leave that as intact as possible? It's totally not a big deal if you wanted to get rid of it though, it's just a small sentimental thing I'm rather fond of.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 27 May 2015, 17:16

squaredotcube wrote:
ChroniclerC wrote:There appears to be oodles and oodles (and oodles) of cobblestone at the Hall of Chests.

I've set up an autofurnace to convert some of that cobblestone into smooth stone, which then can be split between slabs and stone blocks. The autofurnace can be found where the "unused" part of the bookshelves used to be.

Please revert. Needed those bookshelves for level 30 enchants.
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

Postby FourEyedTroll » 28 May 2015, 01:53

Just an FYI folks, will be not around for next month or so owing to PhD research demands and some RL issues (moving house, etc). Should be around a bit again after my 30th June submission date for my year 2 review work.

Cheese, Lamb, I'm happy to work on command blocks and command code mechanisms for the arena if you guys can organise a specific day and time to do that, but let me know in advance so I can plan that into my schedule.
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se
Admiralmatt
First Video: The Job

Postby Admiralmatt » 28 May 2015, 05:50

AdmiralMemo wrote:I like the Paul Sandbar idea.

Sounds like a job for hosk.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 28 May 2015, 10:20

I've posted a claim in the surveyor's office that's fairly close to spawn - the surface area between 90, 230 and 135, 265. The intent is to build a public use "Sniper duels" arena, in a style I have constructed on previous servers, on the mountains there. I won't begin construction for three days, specifically to allow people to voice opinions, opposition, or requests for me to build it elsewhere.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 28 May 2015, 11:32

Atifexe wrote:I've posted a claim in the surveyor's office that's fairly close to spawn - the surface area between 90, 230 and 135, 265. The intent is to build a public use "Sniper duels" arena, in a style I have constructed on previous servers, on the mountains there. I won't begin construction for three days, specifically to allow people to voice opinions, opposition, or requests for me to build it elsewhere.

I strongly support this idea, wherever it ends up getting build, and will gladly help build it if needed.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 31 May 2015, 20:54

Okay. Someone who is super familiar with Village mechanics. Does the Golem spawn in the middle of a Chunk? Or is is there a bit of wiggle-room to the "center" of the village?
Map1eSyrup
First Video: "Shooting the Break"

Postby Map1eSyrup » 01 Jun 2015, 08:45

Hey guys! I cannot believe this is back and going strong, thanks to everyone who made this possible. This was really the first place I started playing minecraft together with others.

I can log in, but it looks like I do not have perms, if someone could please add me into that, if possible?

Cant wait to get started and help out with things.

Username: Map1eSyrup
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 01 Jun 2015, 15:17

Villager golem question: 16x16x6 area in the center of the village, with a solid block as the base and transparent (not necessarily air) above.

Sure to a lack of expressed opposition and one voice of support, I'll see about starting the arena tonight.

Edit to add: I've had to exceed my claim by one tile, due to a miscalculation on the size of the arena. I hope this isn't a problem. I've laid down a rectangle of stone brick to mark the location on which I'm building.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 02 Jun 2015, 12:20

Atifexe wrote:Villager golem question: 16x16x6 area in the center of the village, with a solid block as the base and transparent (not necessarily air) above.

Can the golem spawn atop half-slabs (Or other transparent blocks) if they are over a solid block?
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 02 Jun 2015, 20:08

My experience says no to bottom half slabs or other transparent blocks. I did a little bit of experimentation with it to find out. They'll spawn just fine in water and air, though.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 03 Jun 2015, 12:32

ChroniclerC wrote:
squaredotcube wrote:

Please revert. Needed those bookshelves for level 30 enchants.

Someone please add one more column of bookshelves to the Hall of Chests enchanting station. It's still broken as a level 30 station from when my design got moved around. :|
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 04 Jun 2015, 06:20

ChroniclerC wrote:
Someone please add one more column of bookshelves to the Hall of Chests enchanting station. It's still broken as a level 30 station from when my design got moved around. :|

Tried to place another bookshelf but I don't have spawn city build permissions.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 04 Jun 2015, 07:58

Who's fencing off massive chunks of land around -1500,1000 using huge walls? The size of the area being grabbed here seems rather excessive, especially considering they're starting what looks like another wall around a huge area to the south of the land already fenced off. Considering they've built barely anything in the land already walled off, I want to ask both that person and the mods whether further expansion is really necessary.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 04 Jun 2015, 11:25

Jezus. That space is already several hundred wide by several hundred deep, and it's already in a relatively populated area. I'm no mod, but whoever that is? You need to stop. If you want that kind of space all to yourself, you need to move to the edge of the map.
CrazzyVikings
First Video: a blog

PLZ UNBAN ME

Postby CrazzyVikings » 04 Jun 2015, 14:31

hey I got banned several months ago. I just wanted to ask for anouther chance, I swear I wont blow it my freind can vouch for me vantroian I think his ign is. I stole before but I learned my lesson and go familiar will Loading Ready run. they are so funny... if you have questions just ask
-CrazzyVikings
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Jun 2015, 14:49

MagisterMystax wrote:Who's fencing off massive chunks of land around -1500,1000 using huge walls? The size of the area being grabbed here seems rather excessive, especially considering they're starting what looks like another wall around a huge area to the south of the land already fenced off. Considering they've built barely anything in the land already walled off, I want to ask both that person and the mods whether further expansion is really necessary.
ChroniclerC wrote:Jezus. That space is already several hundred wide by several hundred deep, and it's already in a relatively populated area. I'm no mod, but whoever that is? You need to stop. If you want that kind of space all to yourself, you need to move to the edge of the map.
Drakmon has said he's the one building them.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 04 Jun 2015, 16:18

If anyone sees a horse named "Charlie", could they deliver it back to my place? I seem to have forgotten where I left him.

ChroniclerC wrote:Jezus. That space is already several hundred wide by several hundred deep, and it's already in a relatively populated area. I'm no mod, but whoever that is? You need to stop. If you want that kind of space all to yourself, you need to move to the edge of the map.

Apparently he got Mod Approval for this.

Return to “Video Games”