LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Bowerbird7
First Video: Installation Anxiety 2010

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Bowerbird7 » 23 Feb 2016, 00:01

would implementing a few extra scheduled restarts cut down on the crashes? I personally prefer the server being restarted properly, as the crashes tend to desync the world with the player inventory slightly, so that your inventory is unchanged, but anything placed in the world within a few minutes of the crash disappears.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 23 Feb 2016, 16:46

*should get off his depressed butt and get LRRcraft back up and running in time for 1.9*

Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 24 Feb 2016, 03:22

ritchards wrote:After the CtS, I'm wondering if we maybe want to have a hostile map somewhere for the LRR community to play?

Although, given the talent here (no, not me), it might get crushed too quickly. ;)

That might be really fun. And when it does get beaten, we could always just start another map, there's a lot of different ones.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 24 Feb 2016, 08:22

AdmiralMemo wrote:*should get off his depressed butt and get LRRcraft back up and running in time for 1.9*

If that's in response to me, no pressure. I just miss my half-finished skydisc on the Uno server. I never got close to finishing it and every time I check the server's down. :( Don't worry, Memo.
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 24 Feb 2016, 09:43

I stopped my World Anchor, so hopefully that will help. (That said, we did overpower the memory last night...)

As for modpacks, I'm tempted to say "EMC" but that's probably unbalancing.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 24 Feb 2016, 12:48

I've been wanting to get back into Minecraft, and I vastly prefer vanilla to all the crazy nonsense most mods introduce, so I'd be thrilled to see the vanilla server come back up. But I also have like no time to play right now anyway, so yeah, it'd be nice to see but there's no pressure.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Feb 2016, 15:16

auberginequeen wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:*should get off his depressed butt and get LRRcraft back up and running in time for 1.9*
If that's in response to me, no pressure. I just miss my half-finished skydisc on the Uno server. I never got close to finishing it and every time I check the server's down. :( Don't worry, Memo.
Your post was the catalyst, but it's been nagging in the back of my mind for a very long time, so it's more me and less you.

ritchards

Postby ritchards » 25 Feb 2016, 22:51

Okay, I've set up a bunch of machines at Spawn, Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, etc... the place doesn't look pretty and they are just the basic machines (no upgrades), but there they are.

The machines are based on what I use, so if you need others, let me know.
Sibanamush
First Video: No Idea.

Postby Sibanamush » 28 Feb 2016, 12:04

:D * glimmer of excitement *
angryoptimist
First Video: The first I *remember* is Checkpoint.

Postby angryoptimist » 28 Feb 2016, 16:55

DarkMorford wrote:Regarding the FTB server, the restarts lately have been a result of the server running out of RAM and getting killed by the operating system. Fortunately, CreeperHost has an auto-starter in place when out-of-memory errors occur, so the server is usually back up within 5 minutes, but I understand the frustration.

DarkMorford wrote:Another option that I've been thinking about is making a custom modpack just for this server. This would allow us to include mods that the players want (I personally would like to see Morph and PneumaticCraft in there) and remove the ones that are boring and/or laggy. There's a lot of fun that could be had with this, as well—we could define our own recipes and progression similar to Infinity Evolved's Expert mode, or set up an HQM book with LRR-themed quests. Perhaps the coders in the group could even make a LRR mod; the possibilities are endless. This isn't something that I'd implement right away, as it requires testing for balance and such, but it's something I'd like to get people's thoughts on.

Going on today--by myself and for under an hour--I saw it OOM twice (unless it's doing some new bad thing now that I didn't know about). I don't know if that's the norm most recently (haven't been on for a couple days, at least); if so, that kind of sinks everything. Unless updating to the latest FTB Infinity (2.4-something) helps it, a custom modpack may be the only thing left to do at this point...

I'm in the middle of doing my own for probably-private/maybe-public use, and I've done a lot of gruntwork relating to researching mod permissions, resolving biome ID conflicts in configuration, etc. for mods and combinations of mods that are likely to be put into any such modpack. I'll happily throw in any and all of that to save the hypothetical creator(s) of that hypothetical modpack some work and grief. I think I might also like to help such a thing, if some of the work of putting together the pack itself (scripts, etc.) ends up involving the community; looks like a reasonably fun thing to do.

ritchards wrote:As for modpacks, I'm tempted to say "EMC" but that's probably unbalancing.

I like ProjectE. I don't think a modpack necessarily needs to be balanced (I don't think FTB Infinity Evolved truly is--even if we restrict it to Expert Mode), but we'd certainly need to tweak ProjectE. Playing around with it, I think we'd need to think carefully about when it should be possible to 'buy in' to ProjectE, and also how expensive/quick it should be to advance through it. It's my feeling that the 'worst excesses' of ProjectE are actually pretty okay if they happen late enough in overall advancement--my biggest concern is that ProjectE be kept from completely obviating early-to-midgame (or even early lategame) autocrafting and/or large swaths of other mods. That said, I'd like to re-iterate that I really like ProjectE and do I think it can be managed. I'd love to see it in a hypothetical LRR-community modpack.
DarkMorford
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby DarkMorford » 28 Feb 2016, 18:01

I just updated ForgeEssentials to the latest release build, and rebooted the actual server (not just the Minecraft process). I don't know if it'll help at all, but it certainly shouldn't hurt.

As far as the custom modpack idea, I've put together a really basic form (click here!) just to gauge interest and see what sort of mods people want to play with. No guarantees at this point, just gathering ideas.
http://www.twitter.com/DarkMorford

Vanilla Minecraft Server (1.11.2): minecraft.darkmorford.net
Modded Minecraft Server (DW20 1.10.2): ftb.lrrcraft.com
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 29 Feb 2016, 06:28

Well, 1.9 just came out: https://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-combat-update/

Really hoping LRRMC can get back up soon.
DarkMorford

Postby DarkMorford » 29 Feb 2016, 12:47

Is anyone on the FTB server using Logistics Pipes? It appears that this mod is the likely source of the out-of-memory issues, so I'd like to try disabling it for a while as a test.

zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 29 Feb 2016, 14:53

SAJewers wrote:Well, 1.9 just came out: https://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-combat-update/

If it comes back up I'll have to fix the ocean monument farm :/
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 01 Mar 2016, 05:41

zeth_russ wrote:
SAJewers wrote:Well, 1.9 just came out: https://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-combat-update/

If it comes back up I'll have to fix the ocean monument farm :/

I hope it comes back up. Has anyone talked to MasterCheese or RebelliousUno about it?
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 01 Mar 2016, 08:00

I just talked to MasterCheese in the DB IRC, this is what they said:

<WokenClick> Hey MasterCheese, some folks on the LRR Minecraft forum were mentioning that the vanilla server was down and maybe someone should contact yourself or Uno about it?
<MasterCheese> It's been down for literally months
<WokenClick> Why so long?
<MasterCheese> I told people that I wasn't up for hosting it anymore and if anyone else wanted to host it, they could get in touch with me and get the map
<MasterCheese> But no-one stepped up
<WokenClick> aww thats too bad...
<MasterCheese> If you can find someone else who wants to host it *shrug*
<WokenClick> Do you mind if I post this in the forums just to give people an update?
<MasterCheese> But it's too much hassle and I don't have the time to keep it running
<MasterCheese> Yeah, feel free
<WokenClick> Ok thanks

So basically it looks like we need someone else to host it.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 01 Mar 2016, 09:38

Does anyone have any recommendations on server hosting? I could cough up some $$ for server space but I've never done it before, can someone give me some advice?
ritchards

Postby ritchards » 01 Mar 2016, 10:21

DarkMorford wrote:Is anyone on the FTB server using Logistics Pipes? It appears that this mod is the likely source of the out-of-memory issues, so I'd like to try disabling it for a while as a test.

I suspect most of us would be happy to sacrifice a common mod to get a stable server, let alone a mod I've never heard of.
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 01 Mar 2016, 10:58

auberginequeen wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations on server hosting? I could cough up some $$ for server space but I've never done it before, can someone give me some advice?

we're talking about a relatively small vanilla server, running spigot. As such I expect that most entry packages would suffice.
DarkMorford

Postby DarkMorford » 01 Mar 2016, 17:02

DarkMorford wrote:Is anyone on the FTB server using Logistics Pipes? It appears that this mod is the likely source of the out-of-memory issues, so I'd like to try disabling it for a while as a test.

Seeing no opposition, I've gone ahead and turned off Logistics Pipes on the FTB server. Please disable it in your launcher of choice.

EDIT: And for reference, here's the current list of mods I've collected for the community pack.

Mod List - Click to Expand
Applied Energistics 2
Big Reactors
Blood Magic
Botania
Buildcraft
Carpenter's Blocks
ChickenChunks
Chisel
ComputerCraft
EnderIO
EnderTech
Extra Utilities
Forge Multipart
Iguana Tinker Tweaks
InventoryTweaks
Iron Chests
JABBA
JourneyMap
MineFactory Reloaded
Morph
Natura
Not Enough Items
OpenBlocks
PneumaticCraft
ProjectE
Railcraft
RFTools
Runic Dungeons
Sanguimancy
Storage Drawers
Tinker's Construct
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Energistics
Thaumic Exploration
Thermal Dynamics
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
Twilight Forest
WAILA
WAWLA
Last edited by DarkMorford on 02 Mar 2016, 09:27, edited 3 times in total.

AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Mar 2016, 18:22

Is there a Minecraft server program that will run several dimensions? Running LRRMC and LRRcraft on the same server could be doable, if so, with 5 dimensions. (I don't believe the LRRMC End was developed much. If it was, 6 dimensions.)

Edit: Perhaps this is what we're looking for if we choose to do this?

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 03 Mar 2016, 11:40

Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
DarkMorford

Postby DarkMorford » 05 Mar 2016, 14:29

Well, turning off Logistics Pipes made a HUGE difference, so I'm going to leave it disabled for the time being. Feel free to spin up your chunk loaders and world anchors again.

I've put together a spreadsheet for the LRR Community Modpack. I think this is a decent set of mods, though I'm not 100% committed to it. In particular, I'd like some feedback on the food-related mods: Pam's Harvestcraft, Spice of Life, and Hunger Overhaul. Are these mods people want to play with, or would it be too much hassle? (Personally, I'm inclined to take them out, but if everyone wants them I'll put them in.) Of course, other suggestions for additions/removals are still welcome.

I'm hoping to be able to set up a test server for the pack soon, so we can start tweaking the config files for balance and/or fun. More detail to come!

Testarossa
First Video: I think the Ace Combat Unskippable

Postby Testarossa » 05 Mar 2016, 16:51

Hello fellow LRRcrafters,
Due to the prolonged shutdown of LRRmc and LRRcraft I have started a new vanilla server as an alternative to the "Feed the Beast" modded server. The server name is "LoadingReadyCraft" and is hosted via MC REALMS and requires nothing on your end except a registered copy of Vanilla Minecraft 1.9. In order to receive an invite, message me or leave a comment with your username. Happy Crafting!
-Clench_Eastwood
Myshpoetry
First Video: Everything was Fine

Postby Myshpoetry » 05 Mar 2016, 17:11

We are using the Discord ap to talk. The invite link is below

https://discord.gg/0cr6mu6riW698tZy

Return to “Video Games”