LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Jostain
First Video: ways to hide a body

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Jostain » 25 Mar 2015, 09:42

Could someone PM me the coordinates to the stronghold? I'm not going to open the End or anything but i want to set up a base of operation near it because I'm going in to build as soon as the dragon is killed. I have tried getting to it trough the nether but i cant find the alleged path there.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 25 Mar 2015, 10:53

squaredotcube wrote:Building a pet shop is hard.

First idea was to spawn in ocelots and wolves over at Thunder Valley, tame them, and then bring them to the pet shop to sell. Me and Tuckiozi experimented with the expectation that ownership would transfer via nametag. Instead, despite the new name, Heimdall stayed with me.

The second idea was to use an exploit where tamed pets could still spawn babies within the no-mobs zone, if given the appropriate monster egg. Kinpatsu and I tried this method, and it almost worked... Except that ownership of the baby transfers from the parent. Poor Gimli...

So I decided on an earlier idea where a taming area would be placed in the store. Once I got that area dug out and built, ocelots and wolves spawned, leashed, moved to the basement, and then named since they're at risk of despawn, I find out that wild, possibly hostile mobs cannot spawn babies in a no-mobs zone.

...I think we're going to have to rely on a command block for this to work. I'd prefer if the second method if possible when scripting it out.

It may not be the best option, but you could could try spawning in a custom villager that traded for Spawn Eggs.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 26 Mar 2015, 20:33

Hey, I haven't actually asked for it yet I see - Could I get build permissions for Atifexe, please?
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 27 Mar 2015, 01:08

Evil villain thought for the night. :twisted: (No, not going to do it, as much as I'd like to.)

Step one: Build an absurd, utterly ridiculous, pointlessly over-the-top deathtrap. Something repeatable, automatically resetting, and actually, for-serious, not-challenging-you-it-really-is impossible to escape. (Pit trap to bedrock with walls made of lava or cactus, for example.)

Step two: The button that plunges the activator into said deathtrap? Mark it with a sign that reads "Do not press".

Step three: Wait and see who complains about it. "The sign said to not press it! Why did you press it!?"
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 27 Mar 2015, 04:24

My plan for the Temple of the great Moob'giB was sort of like that. Make it impossible to escape unless you brought an offering to appease the great god.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 27 Mar 2015, 09:09

Can I get build permissions to romangoro on the server, please?
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 27 Mar 2015, 15:35

romangoro wrote:Can I get build permissions to romangoro on the server, please?

Atifexe wrote:Hey, I haven't actually asked for it yet I see - Could I get build permissions for Atifexe, please?

Done and done.
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 27 Mar 2015, 16:56

Thanks. I'm laying claim to the mountains around -321 1628 if no one objects.
Eryndil
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Eryndil » 28 Mar 2015, 07:58

Lord Hosk wrote:I currently have a rail line that runs along north south X 530 Y 13 from the wall down to the entrance of the tunnel east out of town. but if there are plans for a subway network going out to each of the builds that can get pulled up it was just so I would have access to spawn.

Do you mind if I connect up a railstation to your railway (around Z1269 ish)

Also assuming the other folks in the Shallows lake area don't mind.
Last edited by Eryndil on 28 Mar 2015, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 28 Mar 2015, 08:16

There's a new XP Farm in town (or rather in the Nether).
I've built a variant of Snocrash's XP Farm near the Spawn Portal.
Access through the bedrock works via a minecart, remember to leave and jump or you will suffocate in the bedrock. Bring a head for heights, the afk level is at about y=245.
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 28 Mar 2015, 12:39

So thanks to the mod who added me to the build list (ff4ede on the server), this is the first time I've been back to the forum since joining the server. Luckily, my home is plotted so far south (x=-480; z=2450) that missing the various warnings on the board about space claims hasn't been an issue: I'm too far away to bother anyone else (except TunneLing, and we've discussed his/her side of the ocean...). And Thanks Sodien for the Nether transit link along the path from Shallowslake

Now that my home is nearly completed (check me out), I'm eyeing another project, this time in the civil works category. I saw a post with thoughts on hub cities to facilitate transit connections, and one of the sites mentioned by squaredotcube was the island at -480, 3270, a bit south of my house. I've been thinking about building something across the intervening body of water (with northern terminus near x=-380, z=2140, support landing at x=-380, z=2460 on the peninsula and southern terminus on "the neck" around x=-380 and z=2750) which could connect up with a transit across the next bit of water to the east side of the island (it spans x=-330 to x=-640).

For the long northern section I was thinking of something in the style of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel or the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway. My real ambition is to accomplish a model cable-stayed suspension bridge (a-la the Delaware Memorial Bridge), but I think the tower height proportional to a main span as long as the northern section would be impossible.

With all that said, any thoughts on said project (other than to say I'm being ridiculous), or objections resulting from build claims this would impact? As always, any guidance or comment from server mods would be great, especially if I'm overstepping the range of reasonable here. Also, guidance on posted notice requirements for civil projects (either in the archives at spawn, or onsite) would be great.

Thanks all and happy building. By the way, has the community coalesced on a name for this body of water?
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 28 Mar 2015, 18:32

Another update to the list.
squaredotcube wrote:
  • Hardware store Completed, near LRRst National
  • Uncommon materials store (materials that only show up in certain generated buildings or get used up fast, such as prismarine, sea lamps, nether brick, and glowstone)
  • Pet store (dogs and cats, rabbits, maybe horses) - On hold until we have command blocks. Feel free to visit the pets though.
  • Tack shop (Hay bales, saddles and horse armor) By the gatehouse
  • Community garden Beside Chassures le Prix and Ce n'est pas un Laundromat
  • Florist/Garden Center Beside Thunder Valley Ranch
  • Fabric store/Dyer
  • Civic Planning office
  • Courtroom
If anyone can think of others, just post them.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 28 Mar 2015, 23:20

squaredotcube wrote:Another update to the list.
squaredotcube wrote:
  • Hardware store Completed, near LRRst National
  • Uncommon materials store (materials that only show up in certain generated buildings or get used up fast, such as prismarine, sea lamps, nether brick, and glowstone)
  • Pet store (dogs and cats, rabbits, maybe horses) - On hold until we have command blocks. Feel free to visit the pets though.
  • Tack shop (Hay bales, saddles and horse armor) By the gatehouse
  • Community garden Beside Chassures le Prix and Ce n'est pas un Laundromat
  • Florist/Garden Center Beside Thunder Valley Ranch
  • Fabric store/Dyer
  • Civic Planning office
  • Courtroom
If anyone can think of others, just post them.

Chaussures hors de prix has an upper floor that's currently unoccupied - the original intention was to stick some armour stands in there to model various armoured or otherwise "premium" boots. But since Spawn still has the "no spawning mobs" rule, and since armour stands count as mobs for some reason...

If we're still in need of a general dyeing and fabric store, perhaps we could convert this otherwise "wasted" space? As an added bonus, being a shoe store, having such facilities available in-house would be *extremely* in-flavour.

Although now that I think about it, having a rival boutique across town would also be very flavourful indeed. We could have them try to "out-smug" one another.

Oh fashion...

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 29 Mar 2015, 04:26

Does Spawn have a Coffee Shop?

Also, a recreation of Yellojacket might an interesting build, though it would probably serve no purpose.

EDIT: If there's no Tree Farm near spawn, that might be useful.
Myshpoetry
First Video: Everything was Fine

Postby Myshpoetry » 29 Mar 2015, 10:58

any mods hanging around? I'm glitched into the ceiling in spawn town.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 29 Mar 2015, 11:53

There are a pair of Savannah biome islands around 4360, 2045 that I'd like to lay claim to. I will place signs when I can get back there, and I drowned after a diving attempt, so it'll take a while to get back.
Electricfox
First Video: Desert bus

Postby Electricfox » 29 Mar 2015, 16:45

I've built a little 2 block high wall around the island I've claimed, should help to stop any space problems or such. :)
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 29 Mar 2015, 18:10

Spawntown Capitol is mostly complete - All it needs is some interior decoration. More importantly, the surveyor's office is operational, as I've put a chest inside with a book written up for land claims. Hopefully that will make things easier for us when setting up Worldguard parameters, and furthermore we will know who to contact if we have something planned somewhere that might conflict with someone's claim.
Vithal
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Vithal » 31 Mar 2015, 01:33

Hello, I would like to get a building permission, username: Vithal
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 31 Mar 2015, 01:59

Not sure if I need permission to do this, but I'd like to add a gaggle of signage to the Hall of Chests in Spawn. Maybe make it a bit easier to find/place/organize stuff in a communal storage area.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 31 Mar 2015, 06:55

Seems like we had someone visit us last night with ill intent in mind for our server.

As you can tell, they spammed the prototype Minecart-O-Matic 2.0, filling the subway with a mess of around 60 minecarts, some of which were trying to occupy the same space and making a constant noise. I've cleaned up the mess and disabled the prototype since it appears that such an idea won't be operable in public until the negative items bug is fixed in an update.

... In fact, is there a mod that's on between 9PM and 5AM PST?

Edit: found more minecart spam in the station near Kani's, confirming my concerns of the other vending machine being spammed. I've disabled that machine as well, so if you want to use the subway, remember to bring a cart or button with you just in case there's none on the rails.

And now that I think about it, this might not just be a visitor, but someone we gave build permissions.
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 31 Mar 2015, 12:20

undecided44 wrote:With all that said, any thoughts on said project (other than to say I'm being ridiculous), or objections resulting from build claims this would impact?

So I guess this is what happens when no one says no. A 20 100 block long, four rail-line, bridge section template is now in place at ~x=-380, z=2450. Looks like 16 14 10 or so more of these will get me to the shore. Then it's a matter of planning a tunnel to connect up with the spawn subway/road system.

Any comments for this project, or a mod who wishes to discourage me, before I go digging the gravel out of the ocean to make pilings?

edit: progress made in the northerly direction and realizations that I've rapidly run out of gold for powered rail segments, and I need to check on light levels between the light-posts as the occasional creeper surprises have punched holes in my bridge deck, while blowing me off the end of the work site.
Last edited by undecided44 on 04 Apr 2015, 05:39, edited 2 times in total.
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 31 Mar 2015, 17:18

squaredotcube wrote:... In fact, is there a mod that's on between 9PM and 5AM PST?

I'm usually active during those hours, give or take. Haven't been on too much this last week due to IRL personal commitments, but I'll make a note to, if nothing else, at least have Minecraft open in the background during those times.

ert+
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 01 Apr 2015, 13:21

squaredotcube wrote:Seems like we had someone visit us last night with ill intent in mind for our server.

As you can tell, they spammed the prototype Minecart-O-Matic 2.0, filling the subway with a mess of around 60 minecarts, some of which were trying to occupy the same space and making a constant noise. I've cleaned up the mess and disabled the prototype since it appears that such an idea won't be operable in public until the negative items bug is fixed in an update.

... In fact, is there a mod that's on between 9PM and 5AM PST?

Edit: found more minecart spam in the station near Kani's, confirming my concerns of the other vending machine being spammed. I've disabled that machine as well, so if you want to use the subway, remember to bring a cart or button with you just in case there's none on the rails.

And now that I think about it, this might not just be a visitor, but someone we gave build permissions.

The mystery is solved - I received an email from our perpetrator, confessing to the mass mine-carting. First off, they assure me that this was IN NO WAY intended to be malicious, but merely that they were feeling a little down, and that the (at the time) humorous act of spitting minecarts all around the station was a great aid in improving their mood.

Our minecarter had EVERY intention of cleaning up their mess once they started feeling better, BUT thanks to the WorldGuard in place around Spawn, they found themselves unable to break any of the carts. And since no mods were active at the time, they eventually had to log out and leave the station in it's messy state. By the time they came back to clean up, it had already been discovered and became a "big thing" here.

Out of respect for our valued community member, I won't be making their identity public. If they choose to come forward publicly, then that's their decision, and I'll leave it to them... although I can fully understand / appreciate if they choose not to. While I don't speak for all the mods, I feel like this is a relatively minor "offense" which would be readily forgiven.

The minecarter does raise an interesting problem though - the inability to break minecarts at the station may become an issue in the future, and is almost entirely to blame for people "leaving" their used carts on the tracks.

Is it at all possible to remove the WorldGuard *just* around the station area? If so, that should solve all the remaining problems

ert+
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Apr 2015, 15:16

Does the inability to break carts only apply to players? If so, I have a design that uses cacti to break and return carts automatically.

If that's the case, then maybe WorldGuard can stay on.

Edit: Quick mock-up

Front
Back

Edit 2: SquareDotCube and I found out that WorldGuard unfortunately does prevent the carts from breaking on the cacti. :|
Last edited by AdmiralMemo on 01 Apr 2015, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Return to “Video Games”