LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
iisazel
First Video: Friday Nights - In Command

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby iisazel » 20 May 2015, 11:52

I haven't been able to connect to the server for the past few months ;-;
ArthurArthur
First Video: 1337

Postby ArthurArthur » 20 May 2015, 13:13

My nether portal has come decoupled when I moved it to the basement of my base. Is this fixable?
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 20 May 2015, 13:50

iisazel wrote:I haven't been able to connect to the server for the past few months ;-;
LRRcraft isn't up yet. lrrmc.rebellious.uno is the currently-running server. I'm so close to getting LRRcraft back up and running, though...
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 20 May 2015, 13:56

ArthurArthur wrote:My nether portal has come decoupled when I moved it to the basement of my base. Is this fixable?

I believe there's a way to fix it, but what exactly do you mean by "decoupled"? Because if you mean what I assume you mean, you're going to have to move your place in the Nether to compensate for moving your regular portal.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
ArthurArthur

Postby ArthurArthur » 20 May 2015, 14:16

eostby wrote:I believe there's a way to fix it, but what exactly do you mean by "decoupled"? Because if you mean what I assume you mean, you're going to have to move your place in the Nether to compensate for moving your regular portal.

Thanks for your help! If I step into the portal in my base I still step out of the same old portal on the nether side. But when I step into that portal on the nether site I step out of a portal in some cave quite far from my base.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 20 May 2015, 16:59

Okay, I see this all the time. Time to dispel some myths.

How Nether Portals Actually Work

First off, let's be clear. There is no such thing as a "linked portal". It's just a portal.
Also, for clarification, when I say "portal", I mean an active portal. For the purposes of this game mechanic, the game can not differentiate between an unlit portal frame and any other player-made structure.
So, here's how it actually works. When a player, mob, or entity passes through a portal, the game checks the coordinates of that portal, and does a search for portals at the equivalent coordinates in the other world. If the game finds at least one within range (that range being actually quite sizable), it transports the player/mob/entity to the nearest of those found portals. If the game does not find a suitable portal within range, the game will generate a minimum-size portal in the other world at what the game determines to be a "surface" region near to the equivalent coordinates (with a bit of randomness to the exact location).
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 20 May 2015, 22:05

Worth noting, nether portals were recently changed to also take height into account, instead of just X and Z coordinates. This means that you can find yourself being taken to the wrong location because the unintended destination portal was closer to the correct height than the intended one.
ArthurArthur

Postby ArthurArthur » 21 May 2015, 03:35

Thanks guys! I didn't know they worked like that, but your explanations helped me solve it. I went to http://www.mavenspun.com/games/minecraft/ and recalculated the correct place for my portal on the nether side. Moved it and all is working now!
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 21 May 2015, 13:32

HEY BRO!!!!

I heard you like scenic rail, so I put some tracks on a line!
/bro voice

My southern rail project is now at a reasonable point to update progress:
- One can now embark at the spawn subway South Station. a short tunnel ride, and hill climb later and the Herbert Hole will pass behind your right shoulder.
- Quick hide-and-seek tunnels and a hard right turn will point you at MagisterMystax's planets and guild symbols, though no stop is planned here.
- A left turn puts you on the path to the romangoro chicane, ecological disaster (note the pig on your way by) tunnel and switch complex: as you ride south, keep your eyes open for a switch to hit (raised one block, just to the right of the track) in order halt your car.
- The last chance to turn back comes at the Southern Span Northern Switch house, change here for scenic bridge travel, or my local switch.
-Following that is the long stretch south past my place (Schloss ff4ede, and observation deck) to the suspension bridge and end of the line.

elapsed time for one way travel is about 4 min 45 s. Embark at x=-141,z=708, and end at x=-378, z=2750. The return trip will have you back to the Southern Station in under 5 min for a less than 10 min round trip. Provided you meet the pre-requisites, you will double the 1000 block distance needed to earn the distance rail achievement.

Alternate travel plans may include a start from the mid-south embarkation point outside my walk-out basement door: arrival at the nether portal in my basement (just a few blocks south of my "re-wort the nether" planting project on the nether side of the world), and head for the access hatch up the block stairs from the pumpkins (you'll get it when you look through the doors).

All travelers should plan to bring their own mine-carts, though a charity pair may be found in the chest on the pumpkin island (at least I left a pair in there).

Next steps:
a: make contact with the builder with grandiose plans at -480;3260
b: ponder connecting up with ArthurArthur's "North Entrance of South Tunnel" near 1015;2785

That is your Southern Rail [PERSPICAS-City] update for the month. Thank you shareholders, as always, best of luck and let me know if you have material needs...

/ff4ede hefts his pick up to his shoulder, turns, and walks away...
"I been twerkin' on-a rail-road, all th' live-long day..."
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
STDroddy
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby STDroddy » 21 May 2015, 16:29

Hey guys,
I did something stupid. I changed my Minecraft username and can no longer get on the server.I changed it from stdroddy to Droddy (Droddy being my last name and ST being my initials). I just wanted it to be simpler. Any chance anyone could help me out?
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 22 May 2015, 07:32

Emptied out my stock of Cobblestone today to free up some storage space. If my math is right it totals up to 31,314 blocks. So, public works projects, go nuts!

EDIT: To clarify, moved it all into the Hall Of Chests.
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

Postby FourEyedTroll » 22 May 2015, 07:51

Any chance I could lift some of that for personal use? My cobble got swallowed up by the PvP Arena before I was given WE access, so I'm dry on cobble, and have a small town to fortify.
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 22 May 2015, 10:23

1.8.5 is now out to fix a security issue: https://mojang.com/2015/05/minecraft-1- ... y-release/
Deimir

Postby Deimir » 22 May 2015, 11:06

FourEyedTroll wrote:Any chance I could lift some of that for personal use? My cobble got swallowed up by the PvP Arena before I was given WE access, so I'm dry on cobble, and have a small town to fortify.

I don't see why not, just think of it as you lending stone to the arena and now you're getting it back :)
AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby AlexAshman » 23 May 2015, 03:57

OK folks, the requested Spawn Town Circular Way is now open to traffic. It's diorite-bordered to make it easier to see on the Dynmap, and it intersects with all the routes coming from Spawn Town. It includes three tunnels, all of which provide three blocks of headroom. The western part includes a fence to keep out mobs coming from the west.

SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 23 May 2015, 08:43

If anyone has the following that they're willing to donate, could they drop them off over at the East-West Bridge area?

- Rails
- Powered Rails (don't need a lot of these)
- Vines (or mossy cobble and mossy stone brick)

The bridge is nearly done. It's in a usable state, just need to pretty it up, and throw down some roads on the East side.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 May 2015, 13:12

AlexAshman wrote:OK folks, the requested Spawn Town Circular Way is now open to traffic. It's diorite-bordered to make it easier to see on the Dynmap, and it intersects with all the routes coming from Spawn Town. It includes three tunnels, all of which provide three blocks of headroom. The western part includes a fence to keep out mobs coming from the west.

Speaking of Spawn Town, what is the current plan for its redevelopment?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 23 May 2015, 13:52

Whoever owns the Horse "Eclipse", you left your horse at my place, and took one of mine (Sable).

If anyone sees Sable, could you please return it to me? Thanks.

NVM I FOUND THE HORSE.
ArthurArthur

Postby ArthurArthur » 24 May 2015, 13:44

I've pretty much finished work on South Tunnel, so it now is complete with rail and some stops. I was thinking this might help open up the south a bit once it is connected to the network.

The north entrance (stop 5) is the final stop. I didn't go further north, because it turns out I don't like building tunnels. I'll see if we can connect the tunnel up to the network, perhaps at ff4ede's bridge. Any connection would be overland.
Deimir

Postby Deimir » 24 May 2015, 15:44

SAJewers wrote:If anyone has the following that they're willing to donate, could they drop them off over at the East-West Bridge area?

- Rails
- Powered Rails (don't need a lot of these)
- Vines (or mossy cobble and mossy stone brick)

The bridge is nearly done. It's in a usable state, just need to pretty it up, and throw down some roads on the East side.

I'm currently sitting on three stacks of powered rails. I need to make some internal rail lines, but once they're up and running I can donate all the leftovers. I have two projects in line ahead of the rail lines: one which I 'want' to finish first and the other which 'needs' to be finished first, so it'll probably be next weekend at the earliest.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 25 May 2015, 02:42

Sigh, As I'm still in the middle of remodeling my house I don't have my desktop set up right now. All my computer needs are fulfilled by my laptop (a rather old beast running Windows XP.) For some reason I can't get minecraft to run (Which wasn't a problem before). Starting with the fact that the installer for Java Runtime simply won't start. I can sit here and double click the installer all day and nothing happens. No errors, no processes starting in the task manager, nothing...
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 25 May 2015, 04:55

The latest Minecraft Launcher for Windows auto-downloads the latest version of Java, no need to manually install it yourself.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 25 May 2015, 06:55

The minecraft launcher itself also doesn't start. same problem. I can try it all day long, but even IF a process starts up it's gone again in an instant.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 25 May 2015, 14:37

squaredotcube may I have a store front in the Underground Market?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Hekla
First Video: The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Postby Hekla » 26 May 2015, 04:14

So. I posted here something like a month ago saying that I'm stopping work on the railway line north of spawn. Well, now that I've handed in everything for my undergraduate degree, I'm free (to built more railway).

So if anybody wants to donate materials, we still need stone bricks, and probably iron and gold for the rails (although I haven't checked). If so, you can dump stuff in the chests at the Mt. LRRmore station.

Also if there is anybody vaguely north of the current line. Here's where it is at at the moment: Image

Specifically that grey North/South line in the middle.
I'm also QuintonDreaming. Stupid username availability prevents me from always being an Icelandic volcano.

Return to “Video Games”