Vampire Mafia GAME OVER! Town wins.

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Vampire Mafia Day 5

Postby DmitriW » 12 Jan 2011, 20:25

Is this one of those situations where we just act on the evidence and pray we're right, even if we're not sure what to do tomorrow? :\
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 13 Jan 2011, 02:53

I think so... it just sucks, for at least one day we had enough to go on to get rid of two vampires and right now we have no idea what we're supposed to do. But seeing that Jillers was killed, necro visiting try and nothing happening to try (I would find it a tad overpowered if they can go for two targets on a night) I think it most likely means he is not infected. Unless he can protect a vampire and protects himself all the time, but then it would be weird that he wouldn't protect jackslack who was pointed out as the person to get killed that night.

Then again I also have to question why they went for jillers and not Necro who can kill vampires, me who can see roles or myrph who can see what they do that night. Jiller's info is more like mastermind, you have to try and deduce info from the amount of vamps voting. While one good hit from me, myrph or necro would be a game ender. Was someone lying about their role and finishing Jillers to protect their lie? That would also mean that they are, or at least were at that time, comfortable enough that they won't be lynched nor be under investigation from me or myrph.

If that is the case we should be looking at people who did vote but haven't really been in the spotlight a lot.

At the moment the game is pretty confusing to me and I struggle to see how to move forward from here.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 13 Jan 2011, 03:14

xdeathknightx wrote:Then again I also have to question why they went for jillers and not Necro who can kill vampires, me who can see roles or myrph who can see what they do that night. Jiller's info is more like mastermind, you have to try and deduce info from the amount of vamps voting.

Except one of the big parts of mastermind is the fact that with each turn you get more information and it becomes easier to work out the final solution, so by cutting off Jillers and stopping that flow of information they've basically limited how much useful conjecture we can actually get from that source.

That being said, it could be that we had all the remaining vampire/s voting for Elvor yesterday and had we received the information regarding who voted yesterday we could have picked off all the remaining vampires by cross referencing the data for yesterday's vote against all the other information we've collected thus far.

Either way, we're not in a brilliant position at the moment. Maybe its worth taking another quick look at who actually voted yesterday, see if that illuminates any additional details we might have overlooked.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Jan 2011, 07:38

Also, it's possible that info from Jillers could have concluded whether there was only one starting vampire or more.
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Postby NecroVale » 13 Jan 2011, 11:27

xdeathknightx wrote:I think so... it just sucks, for at least one day we had enough to go on to get rid of two vampires and right now we have no idea what we're supposed to do. But seeing that Jillers was killed, necro visiting Met and nothing happening to Met(I would find it a tad overpowered if they can go for two targets on a night) I think it most likely means he is not infected. Unless he can protect a vampire and protects himself all the time, but then it would be weird that he wouldn't protect jackslack who was pointed out as the person to get killed that night.

Then again I also have to question why they went for jillers and not Necro who can kill vampires, me who can see roles or myrph who can see what they do that night. Jiller's info is more like mastermind, you have to try and deduce info from the amount of vamps voting. While one good hit from me, myrph or necro would be a game ender. Was someone lying about their role and finishing Jillers to protect their lie? That would also mean that they are, or at least were at that time, comfortable enough that they won't be lynched nor be under investigation from me or myrph.

If that is the case we should be looking at people who did vote but haven't really been in the spotlight a lot.

At the moment the game is pretty confusing to me and I struggle to see how to move forward from here.

Just changing the name from Try to Met, so people don't get confused.
Allen! wrote:I know, it confused and aroused me.
Also made me hate him more.

NecroVale

Postby NecroVale » 13 Jan 2011, 11:30

I think I would find it hilarious/diabolical if deathknight turned out to be our vampire.

Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Jan 2011, 12:02

Hilaribolical?
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 14 Jan 2011, 03:02

If we do act on the evidence and lynch Met, who should Necro visit tonight?
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Jan 2011, 17:04

Just NB I'm currently winging my way to Maui for a week or so, and the wife specifically asked me to avoid checking the forums incessantly. I think she's serious. In fact I think I hear her right n-

*transmission disconnected*
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Jan 2011, 17:57

Because no one else did, I went through and did an analysis of each and every player based on Jillers' data to determine how likely it was they were the Vampire turned night 1 based on them being alone, and there being a second vampire from the start.

Red means that Jillers data is incompatible with the theory, green means possible, yellow means strong evidence against it (listed at the bottom).

Surviving Playerlist:
Gordon Fearman
metcarfre
NecroVale
Master Gunner
Tapir12
Trymantha
DmitriW
Dutch guy
Myrph
xdeathknightx

Gordon Fearman - Sole unknown: Did not vote Days 2 or 3 when 1 unknown vampire was detected, thus could not be the sole vampire.
Second starter: Starting vampire would have had to have voted on both days 2 and 3, which leaves Master Gunner, Metcarfre, DmitriW, and Tapir12.

Metcarfre - sole unknown: Voted both days 2 and 3 when 1 unknown vampire was detected.
Second Starter: Second person would have had to have not voted on any days, otherwise an additonal unknown vampire would have shown up, which leaves only NecroVale.

Necrovale - Sole Unknown: Never voted to be counted as the unknown vampire by Jillers.
Second starter: Starting vampire would have had to have voted on both days 2 and 3, which leaves Master Gunner, Metcarfre, DmitriW, and Tapir12.

Master Gunner - sole unknown: Voted both days 2 and 3 when 1 unknown vampire was detected.
Second Starter: Second person would have had to have not voted on any days, otherwise an additonal unknown vampire would have shown up, which leaves only NecroVale.

Tapir12 - sole unknown: Voted both days 2 and 3 when 1 unknown vampire was detected.

Trymantha - sole unknown: Voted day 2, but not day 3, thus could not have acted alone.
Second Starter: Would have had to have voted day 3, but not 1 or 2. deathknightx is the only possiblity.

Dmitriw - sole unknown: Voted both days 2 and 3 when 1 unknown vampire was detected.

Dutch Guy - sole unknown: Voted day 3, but not day 2, and thus could not have acted alone.
Second Starter: Would have had to have voted day 2, but not 1 or 3, no surviving players fit.

Myrph - sole unknown: Did not vote Days 2 or 3 when 1 unknown vampire was detected, thus could not be the sole vampire.

xdeathnightx - sole unknown: Voted day 3, but not day 2, and thus could not have acted alone.
Second starter: Would have had to have voted day 2, but not 1 or 3, no surviving players fit.

Candidates for starter vampires (did not vote night 1):
metcarfre
NecroVale
Master Gunner
xdeathknightx
Tapir12

Tapir12 confirmed innocent by word of god
Master Gunner confirmed innocent by elvor
DmitriW protected Tapir12, who was confirmed to have being protected by word of god
Myprh and deathnight are our investigators, and responsible for uncovering Jackslack and Octo respectively.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
NecroVale

Postby NecroVale » 14 Jan 2011, 18:10

So, Met is still our best shot...

Vote: Metcarfre

For the good of the town then. May the Cyber Pope have mercy on your soul...

Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 14 Jan 2011, 21:59

I'm confused. What's "sole unknown" and "second starter"?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 15 Jan 2011, 04:37

The Sole Unknown situation is one where only one vampire remains. The general assumption seems to be that this is the case.

The Second Starter situation is one where there were two vampires at the start of the game, which would mean there is a second vampire running around.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Re: Vampire Mafia Day 4

Postby iamafish » 15 Jan 2011, 17:36

Vote Count!

Metcafre: 4 - Master Gunner, Dutch Guy, Trymantha, Necro Vale
Dutch Guy: 1 - Myrph,

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

also please note that I have niether confirmed nor denied anyone's innocence. And don't read into this that Tapir12 is not innocent, simply take my words at face value - nothing said by me implies that Tapir12 is innocent, nor does it imply that Tapir12 is guilty.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 15 Jan 2011, 18:18

I'm taking your words (mainly just as confirmation that something happened regarding Tapir12), combined with my own knowledge of Tapir and the evidence provided by others, as strong evidence towards Tapir's innocence. I am well aware of the possibility of a massive curveball waiting to make everything I've said wrong.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 17 Jan 2011, 04:28

Vote: metcarfre

I don't know what else to do, given what we know.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 19 Jan 2011, 00:41

Vote: metcarfre
We gots to get moving and it's been a day.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
iamafish

Re: Vampire Mafia Day 1

Postby iamafish » 19 Jan 2011, 02:11

The Townsfolk gathered around the square. Metcafre was dragged into the middle of the assorted masses, screaming and pleading his innocence. Solemnly the priest walked up to him and, in plain view of the whole town, plunged a stake through his heart.

Blood soaked his clothing. Spurted out around the wood that was lodged in his chest and out of his mouth. Life fled from his eyes.

The townsfolk slowly dispersed for a restless night's sleep.

Metacfre,traveller is dead.

Night 5 begins now!
Last edited by iamafish on 20 Jan 2011, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Metcarfre

Re: Vampire Mafia Night 5

Postby Metcarfre » 20 Jan 2011, 00:37

Stake, dammit.

*dies*
iamafish

Postby iamafish » 20 Jan 2011, 00:59

you mean I've been spelling that wrong this whole time? And noone told me?

fuck, you guys are jerks.

My Twitter

Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 20 Jan 2011, 11:14

I didn't want to be... that guy.

*returns to death*
NecroVale

Postby NecroVale » 20 Jan 2011, 13:30

iamafish wrote:you mean I've been spelling that wrong this whole time? And noone told me?

fuck, you guys are jerks.

[sleeptalking]Does that mean we should also tell you that it's "no one" and not "noone"?[/sleeptalking]

iamafish

Re: Vampire Mafia Night 1 - PM INTO ME ASAP

Postby iamafish » 20 Jan 2011, 13:58

The townsfolk emerged from their restless sleep to find the dead bodies of Myrph - The town Lassie, two bloody holes in his neck, and Trymantha - a member of the secret organisation, a crossbow bolt through his chest.

Mryph, the Town Lassie and Trymantha, a member of the secret organisation, are dead

Day 6 begins now

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

My Twitter

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Jan 2011, 14:00

For the record, I am completely lost and have no fucking idea what's going on right now.
DmitriW

Re: Vampire Mafia Day 6

Postby DmitriW » 20 Jan 2011, 14:03

What the hell? I thought Necro could only kill vamps?!

Return to “Video Games”