Mass Effect 3 (Also Mass Effect General I suppose?)

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Mass Effect 3 (Also Mass Effect General I suppose?)

Postby Zombaholic » 13 Dec 2010, 06:35

Trailer

Plot?

So it begins! Thanks to the reveal at the Spike VGA's we have confirmation of the game coming out next holiday season. Then again there might be a delay, but hopes high! I ask if you are excited? What do you hope to see? Is what you've seen from the trailer what you expected to happen?

Man good thing I saved that Reaper Tech for such an eve-wait...oh
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: Mass Effect 3 (Also Mass Effect General I suppose?)

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 13 Dec 2010, 06:45

I'm happy as long as the Geth get involved, and if they manage to set things straight with the Quarians all the better.

ME is a seriously awesome series.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Lorennar
First Video: Unskippable episode 1

Postby Lorennar » 13 Dec 2010, 08:46

Rachni and Geth as bonus armies backed up by the Quarian flotilla. F'you Council its not the terminus system colonies its our home planet. Council race and all, how you going to say its not your problem now huh‽ Oh what's that yeah Wrex is my buddy. Krogans all over your Reaper bases killing your dudes. Screw you Illusive Man trying to use Reaper tech is like hanging out with the Borg just for kicks. Need some intel? Happen to know the Shadow Broker personally, give a call and it should be taken care of.

Sooo, yeah I may have been playing through ME1&2 back to back already before the info came out. A little excited might be an apt description of how I feel about the final chapter being on the way. Also looking forward to other games in the ME world. Also should be interesting what DLC comes out over the next year as Lair of the Shadow Broker was supposed to be one of many covering the transition between ME2 and 3. enjoy. ~t
Deceptive Sunrise
1 part Drambuie
2 parts Ginger Ale
Splash of cranberry juice
Dance
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 13 Dec 2010, 09:39

I so need to replay ME1.

Do people play as Mr Sheperd or Ms. Sheperd? My first playthrough was as Ms. Sheperd and I've got to say, Jennifer Hale does an outstanding job as the VA.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 13 Dec 2010, 10:15

I need to finish replaying ME2 and have everyone survive this time so I can import that save file into the new one when it comes out.

I know some people play through as both genders to see everything, but I've spent so much time playing as the female Shepard that I'm not sure I'd even want to play the male. I've kind of established canon for myself, and it would be weird to have it differently. It actually bothers me to see the default female Shepard face now having spent so much time looking at the one I designed. It looks... wrong. In fact, the Shepard I designed for ME1 had a scar on her eyebrow, and when it went away in ME2, even if there was a good reason for it, it still seemed off to me.

tl;dr I'm too invested in the character I've created and the choices I've made to bother with any others. I agree that Jennifer Hale does a great job though.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 13 Dec 2010, 10:15

I haven't played either game to completion but I played as "canon" Shepherd.

But if you can sex up Legion in ME3...
Drinnik

Postby Drinnik » 13 Dec 2010, 10:37

You, sir, are an odd, odd man.

Carry on with it.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 13 Dec 2010, 11:18

It's a running thing for me that, regardless of their qualities or competition, I always seem to end up enjoying mechanical or virtual characters the most.

I seriously don't know why it is, that's just always had it works out.
Drinnik

Postby Drinnik » 13 Dec 2010, 11:33

To be honest, the main reason I played a female Sheperd, or in any game like this I play the female character, is to romance the men.

Yes, in Dragon Age, I could have had gay elf sex, but the choice between Alistair and Zevran was not a difficult choice to make...

JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 13 Dec 2010, 12:14

Why the heck should I care about saving Earth? I saved the whole freaking galaxy in ME1!

I hate how human-centric the game became in ME2. My Shepard always saw herself as a part of the larger "intelligent life" than the more limited "human".

Granted, she was also a hypocrite; damn Batarians. But she had the colonist background.
Yaxley

Postby Yaxley » 13 Dec 2010, 12:31

Drinnik wrote:To be honest, the main reason I played a female Sheperd, or in any game like this I play the female character, is to romance the men.

I played a female Shepard because of KotOR. When I was rolling my character in that game, I started with a male soldier, 18 strength, blaster proficiency. Then I realized that I would just be playing the same character I play in every other game, so started over with a female scoundrel, 18 charisma, empathy and persuade. I decided I would try to stealth and charm my way through the whole game if I could, instead of just shooting at everything that moved. And because that game was designed so well, my plan worked, and I think the game was more fun because of that. Also, it made the plot twist cooler for me.

So when I went to play another Bioware RPG, I basically made a similar character: an infiltrator with high persuade skills, and it was just as fun to play. Okay, yes, I had sex with Liara, but I maintain I would have done that either way. If anything, I was disappointed that ME2 offered only hetero relationships, because I wanted that achievement, but there was no way my Shepard would have slept with any of those dudes.
Drinnik

Postby Drinnik » 13 Dec 2010, 12:50

Mine stayed true to Kaiden.

He's so dreamy.

Apparantly, he could like cock but it was taken out.

Zombaholic

Postby Zombaholic » 13 Dec 2010, 13:06

Drinnik wrote:Do people play as Mr Sheperd or Ms. Sheperd? My first playthrough was as Ms. Sheperd and I've got to say, Jennifer Hale does an outstanding job as the VA.

I play as a Mr. but I'm ashamed to say that I was seduced by Ashley. Well more or less seduced then I was trying to be nice with her and apparently I sexed her. I feel dirty.

Though ME2 did provide something I wanted...

Um sorry what was the question?
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 13 Dec 2010, 13:18

If Shepard doesn't bring help soon? Screw that! Ima go probe Uranus! 8)
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 13 Dec 2010, 13:27

I replaying them as a renegade character now. Still trudging through the 1st one. Not going to do many if any side quests this time though. This time I plan to save the council. When I start the 2nd game I want to try to get as many party members killed in the end without having Shepard die.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
GreigKM

Postby GreigKM » 13 Dec 2010, 13:36

Dave-O_Boy wrote:I replaying them as a renegade character now. Still trudging through the 1st one. Not going to do many if any side quests this time though. This time I plan to save the council. When I start the 2nd game I want to try to get as many party members killed in the end without having Shepard die.

Weird that the usual 'Good' fate for the council would be thrown in with all the Renegade stuff...
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 13 Dec 2010, 14:44

...I thought they'd be okay if you chose not to save them!

err basically I'm doing the opposite of what I did the 1st time I played.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Zombaholic

Postby Zombaholic » 13 Dec 2010, 15:45

You'll be punching a lot of people come ME 2
Yaxley

Postby Yaxley » 13 Dec 2010, 16:15

One of the things I like about Mass Effect is that it doesn't force you to choose one side to the exclusion of the other, like, say, KotOR. I played very Paragon the first time through, and I not only let the council die, I directly ordered Joker not to save them. Because seriously? Those guys were dicks.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 13 Dec 2010, 21:23

Yaxley wrote:One of the things I like about Mass Effect is that it doesn't force you to choose one side to the exclusion of the other, like, say, KotOR. I played very Paragon the first time through, and I not only let the council die, I directly ordered Joker not to save them. Because seriously? Those guys were dicks.
Yuuuuup. Hands down, my favorite moment of that game, and I was paragon hardcore. They could have XXXed the Liara scene, and watching that ship go down is still so much more satisfying.
Image Image Image
GreigKM

Postby GreigKM » 14 Dec 2010, 06:01

Maybe delving so deep into politics has ruined the whole 'evil politician' thing for me, but the council seemed quite reasonable in all the decisions they made, I mean, you can't just right up and kill someone because someone else says they killed some other guy. They don't start being dicks until ME2 and the "Reapers" scene.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 14 Dec 2010, 11:10

Ladies and Gentlemen, if this trailer is anything to go by Mass Effect 3 may very well end up being the most triumphant example of "Big Damn Heroes" to ever appear in anything ever.

Next year simply can't come fast enough :/
ImageImageImageImage
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 14 Dec 2010, 13:13

This game better kick ass. Oh yes, I play a female Shepard, usually do play female characters in games when given the option, don't know why but that's another thread. I really hope playing nice with the Geth and the Quarians lets them make things up. From the sound of it, Legion was more than happy to open relations between the Geth and the Quarians. Gah, curse the non-council races for being so damned interesting.
Lorennar
First Video: Unskippable episode 1

Postby Lorennar » 14 Dec 2010, 22:31

I usually play female characters but I am most of the way through an all in one go play through and I went male. Specifically to avoid a relationship in the first game and to get with Tali in the second. Oh Ms. vas Normandy I have no idea what you look like, but you make my heart happy. I will have to go back and redo my female character carry over again now that you can continue your relationship with Liara. enjoy. ~t
Deceptive Sunrise
1 part Drambuie
2 parts Ginger Ale
Splash of cranberry juice
Dance
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 15 Dec 2010, 03:21

Lorennar wrote:I usually play female characters but I am most of the way through an all in one go play through and I went male. Specifically to avoid a relationship in the first game and to get with Tali in the second. Oh Ms. vas Normandy I have no idea what you look like, but you make my heart happy. I will have to go back and redo my female character carry over again now that you can continue your relationship with Liara. enjoy. ~t

Apparently, she's very understanding if you chose Thane as your partner. I won't spoil why.

Return to “Video Games”