Mass Effect 3 (Also Mass Effect General I suppose?)

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Re: Mass Effect 3 (Also Mass Effect General I suppose?)

Postby GreigKM » 15 Dec 2010, 09:46

I hope they bring some Samara romance action into Mass Effect 3, even though I know for a fact that the only reason I want it is because I'm an unsatisfied prick who only wants what he can't have, and that when I can it will become boring and I'll be off to whine about the next character you can't romance... but... wait... I forgot where I was going with this...
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
iamevilchris
First Video: Max Effect

Postby iamevilchris » 16 Dec 2010, 19:32

GreigKM wrote:They don't start being dicks until ME2 and the "Reapers" scene.

the turian councilor is always a dick to you. after every mission in Mass Effect 1, he is NEVER happy with what you do. according to him, if you release the rachni queen, you've doomed the galaxy, and if you kill the queen, you're pretty much Hitler. he's also a sarcastic douche regardless of what you do on Feros.

the "Ah, yes, 'Reapers'" bit just solidifies his dickishness.

i'm pretty much done with ME1 now, got my last achievement last night (beat Insanity), and i've played ME2 so many times i'm just doing DLC as it comes out.

oh and it should be noted that they are using a new engine for Mass Effect 3, and it's the one they use to port ME2 to the PS3.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... Flame-Wars
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 19 Dec 2010, 01:07

If you do not check out this activity book, you are a terrible person. I mean, how else are you going to find out how many Drell it takes to screw in a lightbulb.

http://www.masseffectsaves.com/mess.php
Image Image Image
GreigKM

Postby GreigKM » 19 Dec 2010, 11:30

Sieg Reyu wrote:If you do not check out this activity book, you are a terrible person. I mean, how else are you going to find out how many Drell it takes to screw in a lightbulb.

http://www.masseffectsaves.com/mess.php

Oh yeah, do the Shepard!
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 20 Dec 2010, 20:40

So apparently the PS3 version is going to look prettier. Thoughts?
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 20 Dec 2010, 23:11

Anyone else compare Bioware's productivity to Blizzard's?
Image Image Image
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 22 Dec 2010, 07:08

i dont know if any one gets this but i have game ethics, basicaly i can only seem to be good on good evil choice games, fable, fallout etc, but im tryin to play through me1 an me2 as renagade, sooo dificult for m to be bad xD dont no y, as the end of the day the inocents im shooting are just streams of data, so y do i feel like a bad person xD maby im wierd, or maby bioware deserve credit for making there games realistic enough for me to feel sorry for these ppl xD
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
GreigKM

Postby GreigKM » 22 Dec 2010, 07:19

I totally understand only being able to do the good thing in a game, then again I can only ever do the 'good' thing in real life, a good reason for me to never join the military... morality is an odd thing.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Dec 2010, 07:42

In other news I think the grammar and spelling nazi in me just had an aneurysm.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 22 Dec 2010, 07:51

I also generally only play the good side. I think ME2 was a bit ambiguous about the morality of certain actions though. There is one minor side quest where you can go to a bar, and if you order a drink, the bartender poisons you. If you confront him about it, the Renegade option is "Kill Him" and the Paragon option is "Incite the Crowd." So I went Paragon and convinced the guy standing next to me to murder the bartender, which somehow seems worse than killing him myself.

Also, when I invited Kelly up to my quarters, I got +5 Paragon AND +5 Renegade, which I can only assume means I did something naughty, but I did it really well.
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 22 Dec 2010, 14:18

lol i agree, and grammer nazi lyinginbeddemon, i apologies for my terible spelling, im lazy when on forums xD also i just noticed you live in the next town along from me which is wierd xD
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 22 Dec 2010, 20:19

JOSHxUSEDxSPACExJUMP wrote:i dont know if any one gets this but i have game ethics, basicaly i can only seem to be good on good evil choice games, fable, fallout etc, but im tryin to play through me1 an me2 as renagade, sooo dificult for m to be bad xD dont no y, as the end of the day the inocents im shooting are just streams of data, so y do i feel like a bad person xD maby im wierd, or maby bioware deserve credit for making there games realistic enough for me to feel sorry for these ppl xD
I am was confronted by this issue myself when I decided to make another Mass Effect character. I tried to go renegade, but couldn't stick with it. My solution, two simultaneous playthroughs, one good, one bad. That way I feel like I'm still doing the right thing, and the other one doesn't count.

I think it also helps to make your character into someone you don't mind being hated. I made my renegade look like Rusty Venture. Because I don;t think he's done a single paragon thing in his life.
Image Image Image
bobmrshl
First Video: loadingreadyrun

Postby bobmrshl » 28 Feb 2011, 20:27

Mass Effect is my favorite game series. I have played both games in the series and both of them were too good. Recently, I came to know that Mass Effect 3 will be the upcoming third and final game in the Mass Effect trilogy of video games developed by BioWare, and published by Electronic Arts, one of the big games of 2011 was unveiled.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 15 Mar 2011, 01:33

So does anyone else think the upcoming Mass Effect 2 DLC called "Arrival" is about how the Reapers get to our galaxy and land on Earth, neatly tying into Mass Effect 3? That's my theory.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 15 Mar 2011, 12:46

GreigKM wrote:Maybe delving so deep into politics has ruined the whole 'evil politician' thing for me, but the council seemed quite reasonable in all the decisions they made, I mean, you can't just right up and kill someone because someone else says they killed some other guy. They don't start being dicks until ME2 and the "Reapers" scene.

Reapers, oh yes, we've "dismissed" that claim.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 15 Mar 2011, 21:21

Looking forward to 'Arrival' but hoping it's more than just DLC. I'm hoping it's a full blown expansion pack. A good 5-10 hours of gameplay, data conversion, increase of level cap to 40, new skills, new mechanics...

I want this DLC to feel like a genuine' bridging the gap' piece of content, rather than just some 'add on' and considering 'Arrival' got a full fucking page ad in the DA2 box, I'm hoping maybe it will be an expac.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
Jillers

Postby Jillers » 15 Mar 2011, 21:31

You know what I want, I want a freakin' Virmire Survivor DLC! I was faithful to Kaidan and all I get is a lousy "I hate you cause you're with Cerberus" and then an "I'm sorry" email.

I NEED RESOLUTION!
Team Cybershark

~End Transmission~
Ollie, don'tcha know!
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 16 Mar 2011, 09:01

So I just spent a few weeks going through ME 1 and 2, and Jesus are they good games. I also managed to make everyone survive the final mission in ME2 first time without walkthroughs, which is pretty cool. I think it kind of ruins the point if you have to go back a second time to get what you wanted.

Anyway, now that I've finished them, I need my ME fix, dammit! Anyone know if the DLC is available on disk or anything, seeing as I don't have Live?
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
Robert Merlow
First Video: Phailhaus 11

Postby Robert Merlow » 16 Mar 2011, 22:26

I don't think that Bioware has released a DLC disk for ME2. I don't know when they'll do it in the future, or even if they will.

Is there any more information on Arrival? I haven't been able to find anything...
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 17 Mar 2011, 22:09

Jillers wrote:You know what I want, I want a freakin' Virmire Survivor DLC! I was faithful to Kaidan and all I get is a lousy "I hate you cause you're with Cerberus" and then an "I'm sorry" email.

I NEED RESOLUTION!

Alas poor Kaiden, you were my dearest friend!

Until Garrus came along
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Jillers

Postby Jillers » 17 Mar 2011, 23:31

Zombaholic wrote:
Jillers wrote:You know what I want, I want a freakin' Virmire Survivor DLC! I was faithful to Kaidan and all I get is a lousy "I hate you cause you're with Cerberus" and then an "I'm sorry" email.

I NEED RESOLUTION!

Alas poor Kaiden, you were my dearest friend!

Until Garrus came along

I just couldn't do it. If I was gonna' have my lady Shepard sex anyone up on the Normandy it would have been Garrus (well... Joker really, but since he's not an option... I guess because sex with Shepard would break his pelvis), but I honestly could not do it.

I blame the voice actor. Because if it Kaidan wasn't voiced by Raphael Sbarge (aka Carth Onasi), I'dda been all over Liara. Or Garrus... or Liara AND Garrus.
Team Cybershark

~End Transmission~
FFN
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming, I think

Postby FFN » 29 Mar 2011, 09:57

Just finished Arrival. Kind of a weak DLC, especially after the Shadow Broker one.
http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 29 Mar 2011, 13:18

I just finished the Shadow Broker DLC finally, WOW, that was amazing. Considering I took Commander Shepard all the way through Mass Effect 1, formed a relationship with Liara and then was very unsatisfied with how her character when you meet her in Mass Effect 2, this DLC makes up for all of that, especially the end. One of the best scenes I have seen in a game between 2 characters. The scene itself felt very.... real, not in the graphics sense but how the scene played out, the dialogue the animation, everything about it. I can't say enough good things about Shadow Broker, it was an action packed mission with a brilliat pay off.
Will move onto Arrival soon, then it is just the wait for Mass Effect 3.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 29 Mar 2011, 13:39

Oh Arrival is out?

*goes and buys it*
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.

Return to “Video Games”