So I made a mistake

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
gcninja

So I made a mistake

Postby gcninja » 29 Jan 2011, 16:50

Of playing WoW again. I am on hell scream with a friend. Usually I play for 10days free every six months and have only topped lvl 10 once. then go away. Now I'm kinda addicted and having fun. I'm 21 druid night elf with 3 forms and feral selection.
Anybody here on hellscream can help or offer tips?
I've only done dungeons since level 15 and I've only been to like 3 places.
THe whole Island, moonglade and the other place with the crabs and infected bears. Where should I go now?
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
DJScythe15
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: So I made a mistake

Postby DJScythe15 » 29 Jan 2011, 18:24

I'd suggest going to Ashenvale, which is the closest zone in your level range. Ever since patch 4.0 (before Cataclysm), new "bulletin boards" have been added to capital cities, which offer pointer quests to new zones that are appropriate for your level on that continent. These quests will point you to an NPC which will start off questing in that zone.

If you want a change of scenery, look around the Rut'theran Village (the small village on the tree island) for a boat to Stormwind, the human capital on another continent. There should be a board there as well, with quests for that continent.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 29 Jan 2011, 19:49

Grind Orgrimmar.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 29 Jan 2011, 20:16

With cata, as you complete the quests in each zone, one of the last quests you get will tell you to report to someone in such and such a zone. That is where you should go next.

-m

I am not angry at you.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 29 Jan 2011, 21:14

the thing is its vanilla
If I decide to go farther (like lvl 50) then I can pick up all for 89dollars.
I have noticed that "hers a quest to go see this person) but i forgot to go where next. I'm already in a REALLY helpful guild too. I have to make my next staff which idk where that is so thats next. Right now I'm trying to get my tailoring up. I'm not really a grinding person but its okay right now. The only issue I face now is I have to wait til monday (guess) for my real wow to kick it. I purchased it friday and it can take 3 days and with the bank closed friday yada yada. So I cant talk, trade, auction, whisper, OR check my mail .I have 3 mail and ONE i KNOW is my thor pet from SC2 GAH
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
DJScythe15
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby DJScythe15 » 29 Jan 2011, 22:20

gcninja wrote:the thing is its vanilla
If I decide to go farther (like lvl 50) then I can pick up all for 89dollars.

Good news! The features we mentioned as part of Cata are actually available to all players! The changes made to the old world are accessible regardless of expansions owned.

gcninja wrote:I have noticed that "hers a quest to go see this person) but i forgot to go where next. I'm already in a REALLY helpful guild too.

Thankfully, a few patches back, location tips were added to quests; your quest log should have a button labeled "Show on Map" or something similar, which will pull up the map of the location of your objective or turn in point.

gcninja wrote:I have to make my next staff which idk where that is so thats next. Right now I'm trying to get my tailoring up. I'm not really a grinding person but its okay right now. The only issue I face now is I have to wait til monday (guess) for my real wow to kick it. I purchased it friday and it can take 3 days and with the bank closed friday yada yada. So I cant talk, trade, auction, whisper, OR check my mail .I have 3 mail and ONE i KNOW is my thor pet from SC2 GAH

For the staff, I guess you mean this quest? It requires you to go to Shadowfang Keep, a dungeon you can access via the random dungeon finder. As for the pet, don't worry; it's a bind-on-account item that will get sent to any character you make. Even if the mail's time limit (30 days is the usual time for any one piece of mail) expires in these 3 days, you can make a new character later and mail the pet to your current druid.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 29 Jan 2011, 22:39

it is that one. thanks for the tip, the quest arrow thing wasnt showing up for it so i was like WTF?!
I know I need not worry about pets as it is account bind, Its just a pain that I have to wait for it and everything else to kick in <_<

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 01 Feb 2011, 16:55

Woot, my account is now open and ready to go. I have my thor pet AND a penguin from some pet lady named breann. I just now have to complete the quest for my staff and from there I'll move on. :D

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 01 Feb 2011, 18:25

The fun thing is that Breanni was named after a fansite. About minipets, appropriately enough. Blizzard knows how to play with its fans. :)
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 01 Feb 2011, 18:57

Theres an Epic BoE shield named after a warrior that used to be on my server. he has a massive collection of 46 Epic shields. The only one he never got was off Old-naxx Saphirron
http://www.wowhead.com/item=67145/blockades-lost-shield
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 01 Feb 2011, 19:20

TomBrend wrote:Grind Orgrimmar.

Beat me to it.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 01 Feb 2011, 21:19

Vaughn wrote:Theres an Epic BoE shield named after a warrior that used to be on my server. he has a massive collection of 46 Epic shields. The only one he never got was off Old-naxx Saphirron
http://www.wowhead.com/item=67145/blockades-lost-shield

OOooh, what server? I know Frostwolf had one guild that basically spawned staggering amounts of secret goodies and random trivia and, well, basically remains a wonderful little easter egg for the few who spent time in said guild during its heyday.

Unfortunately with the introduction of server moves and faction/race/name changes the sense of community that there used to be on some servers has really fallen out. :(
and now; back to me.

Return to “Video Games”