crysis 2 finally out

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
8bitmaster
First Video: Forget about it

crysis 2 finally out

Postby 8bitmaster » 21 Mar 2011, 21:47

well, crysis 2 is here (for US, at least for the next few days) although steam has it set for 9am so i'm stuck waiting to install. Anyone else getting it, or at least interested in it? I just hope that they fill in the gaps from between the first game and this one, because I actually liked the first one. I played the multiplayer demo and thought it was fun, so I will be coming for the sp and staying for the mp. If anyone else gets it i'll post my username. Until then, I just hope its at least as good as the original.
Doing whatever, whenever, whoever.
PSN: themanwithaname
Steam: demonboy100
Twitter: @8bitmaster
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/8bitmaster
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Re: crysis 2 finally out

Postby InsaneFool » 22 Mar 2011, 06:01

I loved Crysis (or at least the first two acts)...and I was stoked to play the MP Demo when it came out, but I can say for sure that I will be waiting to pick this up until I a) get my proper gaming rig moved to where I'm living and b) upgrade the video card in her.

The MP demo is probably one of the best looking games I've ever played on this lowly laptop, but I cannot in good conscience play this game on anything but the best possible machine. Which therefore automatically excludes the use of consoles.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
8bitmaster

Postby 8bitmaster » 22 Mar 2011, 09:38

just to let people know, the single player is fantastic, although I miss the free-roaming of the island as well as proning, but the new additions are fantastic. The multiplayer is broken right now, as in I can't add my pre-order stuff and I can't join a game without it saying my serial key is in use. When I first saw that, I said "ya my serial key is in use! Its in use by me!" But still, so far I give it an 80%. Pretty awesome but they need to fix their release bugs. Also, controls are streamlined for a console audience but it doesn't bother me. It just means my logitech g13 might get some use.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 25 Mar 2011, 16:31

There are a lot of little annoying things with Crysis 2..
The points used to buy suit upgrades in singleplayer glitch out and reset to zero
stealth kills occasionally do not activate even though you have the prompt on screen (Frustrating because for some reason a swift, super strong punch to the back of the skull does not knock out an enemy.. and even if you do take them out before they yell or fire a single shot somehow every other enemy in the area will spin around and start firing at you)
Enemy AI feels worse than it did in Crysis 1. There is a fair bit of running into walls, though to be fair Crysis 1 didn't have a whole lot of walls to run in to.
There are some cool set pieces where stuff gets destroyed, but destruction is largely scripted, where in Crysis 1 you could drive pickup trucks through a (rickety) house, Crysis 2 won't let you drive a Humvee through a glass storefront.

As for multiplayer
Multiplayer unlocks reset and roll-back constantly,
the LE unlocks don't work for a lot of people (Crytek opted to use both their own account system AND gamespy accounts, but LE unlocks on't work with Crytek accounts.. but when faced with two accounts using the same name Gamespy accounts take priority, and there is no option to choose between the two)
There is a bug causes the game to require players to input their CD key each and every time they want to log in (Workarounds are available)
That is of course if you can even PLAY multiplayer. Many players can not connect, be it due to the serial key in use bug, or just flat out "Network connection can not be established" which can be caused by normal things, such as port forwarding issues, to more random things such as the network card being used (For some reason wireless can cause troubles, but if you trick the game into thinking it is a wired connection it works fine) to even more elaborate problems like registry errors caused by having INSTALLED THE DEMO.

So.. Is it a good game? Once you get past the plethora of problems then yeah, it is a solid experience. However, much like pretty much every CryTek game so far, its not quite worth the entrance fee at launch, there is just too many inexplicable problems.
and now; back to me.
8bitmaster

Postby 8bitmaster » 25 Mar 2011, 17:24

well, except for not registering the LE stuff for several hours, I have had no problems with it.
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 25 Mar 2011, 18:51

The multiplayer demo was pretty much the worst thing I've played this year so far, though it was a terrible console ported version.

I'm optimistic for the singleplayer, probably gonna get it eventually. But a lot of the changes from the first game dropped my interest enough to not get it at launch or pre-order.
8bitmaster

Postby 8bitmaster » 26 Mar 2011, 10:57

if you want to see some of it, occasionally I stream me playing to xfire, usually of the campaign so be weary of spoilers. I will keep people informed of when that happens.

Return to “Video Games”