Check out my new videogame show...Please!!!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Check out my new videogame show...Please!!!

Postby Wolfwood723 » 12 May 2011, 07:19

Hey guys. I have started up a youtube show about videogames. It will feature reviews, retro reviews, must play games, news, and more. I am trying to get peoples feedback so It would help me out if you guys told me what you think of my first video. Also be sure to subscribe and hit the thumbs up button.

This video is a look back at some great games that didn't quite live up to my expectations. In a week and a half I'll have my review of LA Noire. And I'll be putting out alteast one video every two weeks or so. Anyway here is the debut video.

http://www.youtube.com/DoubleOGamer
Last edited by Wolfwood723 on 12 May 2011, 07:26, edited 2 times in total.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Re: Check out my new videogame show...Please!!!

Postby Myrph » 12 May 2011, 07:24

Link doesn't work. Sounds intriguing though! Will have a look when you fix it!
Wolfwood723

Postby Wolfwood723 » 12 May 2011, 07:27

Link fixed.
DolphinHater
First Video: TheLoadingReadyRumble

Postby DolphinHater » 12 May 2011, 11:22

You might want to work on the intro. Nobody likes those, and no offense to you, but your's was pretty bad. If you want one, you have to make it unique and catchy.
You might want it to be shorter, and you should work in a way so you don't have to talk for such a long time. You tripped over words and ran out of breath regularly, which isn't too bad, but very noticeable.
You also might want to branch out, and make this your own. You don't have much backing aside from being a gamer, and you really just said what everyone already knows and complained about for the games. You need to become an individual, or you'll just be another gamer talking into their vlog.
You might want to spend less time on individual games, or make each game a unique video. Again, this is more to cut the time down. Anybody talking into a camera this long would be boring, and you havn't really developed a style that makes people want to watch you yet.
You did a generally good job, and while your points are old, you presented them well. You need to become an individual, and work more on entertainment quality. I'll have to see more before I sub, but I'll definitley give it another go.
Wolfwood723

Postby Wolfwood723 » 12 May 2011, 12:31

DolphinHater wrote:You might want to work on the intro. Nobody likes those, and no offense to you, but your's was pretty bad. If you want one, you have to make it unique and catchy.
You might want it to be shorter, and you should work in a way so you don't have to talk for such a long time. You tripped over words and ran out of breath regularly, which isn't too bad, but very noticeable.
You also might want to branch out, and make this your own. You don't have much backing aside from being a gamer, and you really just said what everyone already knows and complained about for the games. You need to become an individual, or you'll just be another gamer talking into their vlog.
You might want to spend less time on individual games, or make each game a unique video. Again, this is more to cut the time down. Anybody talking into a camera this long would be boring, and you havn't really developed a style that makes people want to watch you yet.
You did a generally good job, and while your points are old, you presented them well. You need to become an individual, and work more on entertainment quality. I'll have to see more before I sub, but I'll definitley give it another go.

I hear you. I am trying to get a song or two to use for the opening regularly. It is hard to be individual when laying down my opinion. And my target time is 6 to 8 minutes. This video ran long due to talking about two games and spending time talking bout the show it self.

I just went off the top of my head this video. I don't plan on having a script per say but I will be writing out talking points and timing so things flow a lot better.
Wolfwood723

Postby Wolfwood723 » 31 May 2011, 15:06

Second video is up and it is a review of LA Noire. Check it out and let me know what you think of the review and the new intro song. Before anyone gets up in arms about the song, I emailed Graham and got his permission to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheeWolfwood723

Return to “Video Games”