Dead Island Gameplay

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Dead Island Gameplay

Postby General Michi » 24 May 2011, 16:11

For those of you who haven't seen it yet there's finaly gameplay footage of Dead Island. After watching it i'm wondering if your thoughts are similar to mine? Said thoughts being:

"WHEN IS THE FUCKING RELEASE DATE?!"
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Re: Dead Island Gameplay

Postby GreigKM » 24 May 2011, 17:38

Looks like an open world Left 4 Dead with questing, which is exactly what it needs to be to get my money.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
DolphinHater
First Video: TheLoadingReadyRumble

Postby DolphinHater » 25 May 2011, 12:36

Excuse me, I need to wipe my drool off of my desk.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 06 Jun 2011, 08:12

Um can someone please explain to me why people are excited about this game? It's another fucking zombie game, I mean do we need another one?
I get that they will continue to be made, but the question is, should they? We've shot zombies, blown them up, used various appliances to beat them up and took "erotic" pictures of them, after that there is not much else to do?

I saw the reverse trailer and thought "yeah that is pretty neat but there is no way they convey that sense of drama or interest in an actual game, that is just cut CGI to interest people."
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 06 Jun 2011, 08:24

RobertMc123 wrote:Um can someone please explain to me why people are excited about this game? It's another fucking zombie game, I mean do we need another one?
I get that they will continue to be made, but the question is, should they? We've shot zombies, blown them up, used various appliances to beat them up and took "erotic" pictures of them, after that there is not much else to do?

I saw the reverse trailer and thought "yeah that is pretty neat but there is no way they convey that sense of drama or interest in an actual game, that is just cut CGI to interest people."

You're so jaded.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 06 Jun 2011, 08:45

Um can someone please explain to me why people are excited about this game?

I like zombie games?

I like open world exploration games?

I like RPGs?

I like co-op games?

I like games that combine two or more of these aspects?
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 06 Jun 2011, 08:50

I am not jaded, I just wanted someone to explain the huge amount of hype this game got so damn quickly. I admit to knowing almost next to nothing about it and would like to know why people are excited? I mean, am I wrong? Is it not just another zombie bashing game?
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 06 Jun 2011, 08:55

theDreamer wrote:
Um can someone please explain to me why people are excited about this game?

I like zombie games?

I like open world exploration games?

I like RPGs?

I like co-op games?

I like games that combine two or more of these aspects?

I especially like a game that combines all 4 (like Dead Island! weeee)
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
War Monkey782
First Video: The first Unskippable

Postby War Monkey782 » 29 Aug 2011, 18:59

What with a week left before release I thought I bring this back up. So what character to will you be choosing?

I was thinking of taking the Jack of All Trades class, which I believe is Logan.
Witty and humorous signature here.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 30 Aug 2011, 00:58

HOLY SHIT! THIS IS STALKER WITH ZOMBIES! I am in!
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 30 Aug 2011, 10:11

I'll explain to you why we need another zombie game if YOU can explain to me why we need another Space Marine/Madden/Call of Duty game.

I'll wait. I got all day.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 30 Aug 2011, 11:03

RobertMc123 wrote:Um can someone please explain to me why people are excited about this game? It's another fucking zombie game, I mean do we need another one?

RobertMc123 wrote:HOLY SHIT! THIS IS STALKER WITH ZOMBIES! I am in!

lolololololol
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 31 Aug 2011, 01:10

Yes I know, I was wondering why people were excited, I did some more research and was very surprised. Now I saw some gameplay and interviews regarding the game and I am not too proud to admit how wrong I was, I mean if wrong was a place I would be mayor and everyone would be pointing at me saying "you sir, are wrong!"
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 31 Aug 2011, 08:18

Well, at least you can admit it, which is better than 99.99% of all people I've met online. Kudos.

Of course, as someone who has never been wrong, I don't have to worry about that.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 04 Sep 2011, 05:03

Is anyone else thinking of getting this day 1? it would be fun to do co-op right away.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 04 Sep 2011, 05:06

MinionStarwind wrote:I'll explain to you why we need another zombie game if YOU can explain to me why we need another Space Marine/Madden/Call of Duty game.

I'll wait. I got all day.

I can't explain Madden or Call of Duty but I can explain Space Marine.

It's Space Marine.

Duh!
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 04 Sep 2011, 09:00

Corax wrote:Is anyone else thinking of getting this day 1? it would be fun to do co-op right away.

I will have it on day 1, but I'd kind of like to get a feel for single player first.

Also, you should probably mention which platform you're getting it for. I'm on the PC, if you're not then it doesn't really matter one way or another :P
and now; back to me.
War Monkey782
First Video: The first Unskippable

Postby War Monkey782 » 04 Sep 2011, 09:25

Me and some of my mates are starting with co-op and none of us will touch the single-player before then
Witty and humorous signature here.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 04 Sep 2011, 09:41

A solid 8.0 from IGN today. All the other scores will be cropping up. Hoping Giant Bomb do a Quick Look.
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 04 Sep 2011, 23:25

Im on pc and i just realised it comes out in another 24 hours, steam said september 5th but its actually midnight september 6th ugh
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 04 Sep 2011, 23:36

Corax wrote:Im on pc and i just realised it comes out in another 24 hours, steam said september 5th but its actually midnight september 6th ugh

Yeah, the blame for that goes in equal parts to the publisher and steam. They set the release time so that people who buy it at midnight launches on the eastern coast of North America can play it as soon as they get home, however Steam bases its clocks around Pacific Standard Time, so steamworks games set for "Midnight Launches" will always claim to release a day early.

It is best to remember that major publishers only ever release games on Tuesday*, it will help curtail the disappointment.

It is sort of a lose-lose situation. Either people are disappointed it didn't come out on the "right day" or they are disappointed when they have to wait until 3am to activate.

*An exception for this is made for "Special dates" such as 11/11/11.
and now; back to me.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 05 Sep 2011, 02:42

Not to dismiss the game, I actually like the look of it and the style of gameplay, but do we think that maybe a shit ton of people are in for a big world of disappointment with this game? I mean I went back and watched the first trailer and it was crazy, just really dark and poignant, but that is not the game at all. The game is "fucking zombie die! I HIT YOU WITH THIS GOLF CLUB AND YOU WILL DIE!". Which is to say "another fucking zombie game" to quote myself. It's putting a focus on first person melee, but it is not going to be full of those moments that everyone thought they would see with the trailer. It's an open world zombie beat-em-up, quest-em-up game.

I am not dismissing the game, I really want to play it, but maybe peoples expectations were ratchetted too high for this game?
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 05 Sep 2011, 03:23

RobertMc123 wrote:Not to dismiss the game, I actually like the look of it and the style of gameplay, but do we think that maybe a shit ton of people are in for a big world of disappointment with this game? I mean I went back and watched the first trailer and it was crazy, just really dark and poignant, but that is not the game at all. The game is "fucking zombie die! I HIT YOU WITH THIS GOLF CLUB AND YOU WILL DIE!". Which is to say "another fucking zombie game" to quote myself. It's putting a focus on first person melee, but it is not going to be full of those moments that everyone thought they would see with the trailer. It's an open world zombie beat-em-up, quest-em-up game.

I am not dismissing the game, I really want to play it, but maybe peoples expectations were ratchetted too high for this game?

Yea i know what u mean, but i was pleasantly suprised with how fun Borderlands was with its FPS/RPG mix, Borderlands wasn't even an open-world game, im just hoping for some good first person "dungeon crawling" like parts of Oblivion, and Borderlands have, there are really not very many open world RPG FPS games out there.
Valliac

Postby Valliac » 07 Sep 2011, 07:49

Debating very highly on buying this for Steam.

Totally need an LRR-member run of Dead Island. Totally.

Valliac

Postby Valliac » 08 Sep 2011, 22:30

First Impression: HOLY CRAP. SO FUN.

It's Borderlands + Zombies. Seriously.

Return to “Video Games”