The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Jun 2011, 14:30

Not only do I get a promotional hat and the Ocarina of Time promotional stand at work but I got it early too. BEST. WEEK. THIS. YEAR.

Upsides: Even with the 3D on (best 3D of any 3DS game) it feels completely the same. Animation is well done, models well done, music still as great as ever. Controls are good (aiming with Circle pad gets conflict from gyro control but nothing to really complain about.
There are no down sides since it is Ocarina. But if I had to pick one it would be the player, me. When I first played the game I spent ages running around Kokiri Village and even though there was only a few conversations with Saria I felt sad when I left the village for the first time. Doesn't happen now but it doesn't water the experience down.

In summary: As perfect as it ever was and hopefully someone will have the idea to make Majora's Mask 3D.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Postby TheRocket » 15 Jun 2011, 18:09

Like we had discussed on Twitter, I'm replaying OoT on my N64 since my gamecube controller is busted. It never fails to make me squee. I am so behind on the times, how does the 3Ds work without glasses??
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
nonjabiru
First Video: A Stich in Time

Postby nonjabiru » 15 Jun 2011, 18:47

https://club.nintendo.com/ocarina_of_ti ... k_offer.do

Free soundtrack if you register your game. I'm probably going to see if my sister can get the game and register it for me since I'll be traveling that day.

This is the best(first) thing I can find that describes how it works.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Nintendo-3D ... -6237.html
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 15 Jun 2011, 20:05

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Like we had discussed on Twitter, I'm replaying OoT on my N64 since my gamecube controller is busted. It never fails to make me squee. I am so behind on the times, how does the 3Ds work without glasses??

IIRC, the 3DS uses holography.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Roadie
First Video: phailhouse

Postby Roadie » 15 Jun 2011, 23:33

i'm not a fan of the graphics up/downgrade the models look like they added cell shading to the characters and some of the 3d can get very hard to deal with. (final ganon battle with reflect ball back)
between the old and new i will always prefer the old OoT
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 16 Jun 2011, 02:04

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I am so behind on the times, how does the 3Ds work without glasses??

It interlaces the two images, and then has a barrier layered on top. The barrier is set in between the pixels (like so), blocking the right eye from viewing the left set and vice-versa. The problem with this method is that the viewing area is very very small, which is why it is really only suited for a hand-held system.

So far there has yet to be a 3DS game that uses motion sensing that really works with the 3D due to the fact that it is almost impossible to keep the screen in the right position while actively moving the system.

Edit: Wow, didn't even see nonjabirus post. Feeling a bit stupid now.
Last edited by ANeMzero on 16 Jun 2011, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
and now; back to me.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 16 Jun 2011, 03:13

Why must I have exams? I'm having to wait till next Friday to get this. And Infamous 2. And Madness Returns. Bleh.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Jun 2011, 06:07

Roadie wrote:i'm not a fan of the graphics up/downgrade the models look like they added cell shading to the characters and some of the 3d can get very hard to deal with.

Wrong. No cell shading, they've improved the textures but kept it as close to those of the original. This isn't Wind Waker. Don't knock it until you try it.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Roadie
First Video: phailhouse

Postby Roadie » 16 Jun 2011, 09:06

from what i've seen so far i'm still not impressed. the story will be just as awesome as it was the first time,
after taking another look through on the gameplay, it does have more of a cartoony feel with super-smoothed colours in the textures. the graphics have improved over the original with a bit more detail but still have rough points and the paper thin models(walls which at right angels disappear) which i found really irritating at times

maybe worth it if i had enough time to sit down and play through a full dungeon while on a plane or long bus rides then yeah i'd get it.
right now the most time i have to play through an adventure like that is at home anyway so n64 works well.

(also have it on an emulator that upscales to 1080, widescreen and upgraded graphics with smoothing and anti-aliasing)
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 26 Jun 2011, 00:11

I'm playing through Ocarina on N64 again (as you can tell from my tweets) and I am not experiencing the hyperbole of emotions I used to. I too felt sad leaving Kokiri, but not so much anymore. I was SUPER pissed the first time I grew up and found out I was no longer a happy fun time kid and they just knocked me out 7 years >.< I'm talking legit pissed to the point where I stopped playing for a bit. This time I couldn't wait to grow up just so I didn't have to walk through Hyrule (one does not simply walk into Hyrule Castle...) or have the Tunics taunt me in the shops. I just got to the Forest Temple and am actually about to go play... byeeeeeee!

I'm super super jealous of you being able to play Ocarina 3D.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.

Return to “Video Games”