Team Fortress 2 - Free Forever/Meet the Medic

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free Forever/Meet the Medic

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 Jul 2011, 08:19

No, you're not.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 05 Jul 2011, 08:40

Yeah I find the classic demoman much better and just better in more situations.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby psychopez » 05 Jul 2011, 08:57

I'm just the opposite, I've never played demoman until I got a targe just a few weeks ago, and have been really enjoying it. But that seems to be the only class I prefer with the new stuff.

I mean, I only used the Kritzkreg for the first time on a KOTH map, the first one I'd ever played was also a few weeks ago during the first weekend of it being free. And I'm not sure I even understand how the new medic backpack works, it just turns the target into a regen scrapper?
@mhasko
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Jul 2011, 09:06

It boosts your speed so you can keep up with the faster classes, boosts uber charge speed instead of overheal, and triples the heal rate upon uber-ing. Not a bad thing in a fast-paced map where you want to keep up the assault.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby psychopez » 05 Jul 2011, 10:50

So if you're healing a demo with the targe and the demo charges, you can keep up with him as well?

Interesting...

On the other hand, a scout-medic rush is now possible, and probably a sight to see...
@mhasko
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 Jul 2011, 11:44

Or alternatively, high-speed Medic-to-frontline delivery in the absence of an Engineer.

But then, the only difference between a Medic and a Dispenser is portability and the Medic doesn't give ammunition. Personally I rather prefer the Dispenser over Medic :P
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 05 Jul 2011, 12:31

Also it negates slow effects.

Not sure If that includes mini gun spin.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 Jul 2011, 12:52

No, it only removes slowdown effects that have been added to the player, not ones imposed by their equipment.
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 05 Jul 2011, 13:26

So Natasha's pew pew, for example.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 Jul 2011, 13:57

Yes, as well as the effects of the Sandman, but to my knowledge not including the built-in effects of equipment the affected player is using.

Basically it only affects things with a time limit, not things that are static or contextual.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 05 Jul 2011, 16:29

Any word on when we might get some admins, or at the very least votekick on the server? Just played a round with a spy who spent his about 70% of the time uncloaked, jumping up and down in front of my turret so the bullets clipped into him instead of actually hitting the enemies.

Not saying I should be an admin BTW, while I have done such things in the past.. I am easily angered and annoyed. I'd probably abuse the powers (forcing team scrambles whenever I felt like I was losing, booting anyone who I felt "sucked") It would just be nice to have someone to appeal to when players are greifing.

Also, on roughly the same note, has class limits been considered? I've noticed that a lot of the new F2P players like to go Spy/Sniper.. which pretty much gimps a team when done en mass. The classes really never spend any time on control points, so the offensive capacity of any team is severely hindered when you have 50% as Spy/Sniper (most of which whom only have 2 or 3 kills over a 5 minute round)
and now; back to me.
Beta Test
First Video: who you gonna call

Postby Beta Test » 05 Jul 2011, 16:40

ANeMzero wrote:Any word on when we might get some admins, or at the very least votekick on the server? Just played a round with a spy who spent his about 70% of the time uncloaked, jumping up and down in front of my turret so the bullets clipped into him instead of actually hitting the enemies.

Not saying I should be an admin BTW, while I have done such things in the past.. I am easily angered and annoyed. I'd probably abuse the powers (forcing team scrambles whenever I felt like I was losing, booting anyone who I felt "sucked") It would just be nice to have someone to appeal to when players are greifing.

Also, on roughly the same note, has class limits been considered? I've noticed that a lot of the new F2P players like to go Spy/Sniper.. which pretty much gimps a team when done en mass. The classes really never spend any time on control points, so the offensive capacity of any team is severely hindered when you have 50% as Spy/Sniper (most of which whom only have 2 or 3 kills over a 5 minute round)

That or we should get a way to kick Baron von Blubber of the server, we are a dignified group.
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Jul 2011, 16:53

AdminMod is apparently proving...difficult to install, sorry about that. We'll try to get something up as soon as possible to keep things under control.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 05 Jul 2011, 17:12

I didn't find him too bad.

Baron, I mean.
ANeMzero

Postby ANeMzero » 05 Jul 2011, 17:29

theDreamer wrote:I didn't find him too bad.

Baron, I mean.

Yeah, Baron wasn't the one I was having trouble with.. though I did find him to be a giant dong-huffer, it was solved fairly easily just by muting him. Though admittedly I have not been on his team, so I cant speak to whether or not he has been griefing

However, I am not opposed to a policy of banning players who the majority of the community finds to be dong huffers (at least, I am not opposed as long as I am not the alleged dong huffer)
Last edited by ANeMzero on 05 Jul 2011, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
and now; back to me.
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 05 Jul 2011, 17:31

Well, based on the fact that he dominated me twice, I'm going to go with "no."
Beta Test
First Video: who you gonna call

Postby Beta Test » 05 Jul 2011, 17:45

ANeMzero wrote:
theDreamer wrote:I didn't find him too bad.

Baron, I mean.

Yeah, Baron wasn't the one I was having trouble with.. though I did find him to be a giant dong-huffer, it was solved fairly easily just by muting him. Though admittedly I have not been on his team, so I cant speak to whether or not he has been griefing

However, I am not opposed to a policy of banning players who the majority of the community finds to be dong huffers (at least, I am not opposed as long as I am not the alleged dong huffer)

Oh well good, my internet crapped out on my and I left before that happened, I would just like people to understand that they should have some common manners whether they are on the computer on not.

Anywho on a different note, I have been sucking on the server, mostly cuz I don't fairly enjoy ctf, and hydro was just annoying to deal with.
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Jul 2011, 17:53

Well I should have basic admin access now...I hope. So when I'm on I should be able to change the map to something else in the rotation, as well as kick/ban players. Not as nice as through a proper admin plugin, but we'll see.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 05 Jul 2011, 17:55

At the very least RCON access is reportedly working for Fugiman (and not me, for some fucking reason), so if you message him on Steam he should be able to smite people from a distance.

Or, alternatively, the best I can manage is going directly to the server's ban list and adding Steam IDs manually after the fact if they're given to me. For future reference, the Steam IDs of everyone on the server can be acquired by opening the console and typing "status".

If you can try to grab screenshots or something of people being asshats before we ban them.

I'll get real admin plugins with access to myself, Fugi, Gunny, and others active as soon as I can.
ImageImageImageImage
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 05 Jul 2011, 18:16

As an aside, if at any point I turn into a dong-huffer, please send me a message telling me I'm being one. I will try to mend my ways.
ANeMzero

Postby ANeMzero » 05 Jul 2011, 18:31

Vanguard wrote:If you can try to grab screenshots or something of people being asshats before we ban them.

Addendum: F12 is the default button for screenshots when running games with the steam overlay (almost any game launched via steam, even third party games!) Furthermore when exiting the game Steam will automatically give you the option to upload the images to SteamCloud.

The only excuse for not doing this is that F12 is really damn far away from normal FPS buttons and it can be hard to really catch people in the act, but you can rebind it in your steam settings :)
and now; back to me.

Return to “Video Games”