White Knight Chronicles 2

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
RobertMc123

White Knight Chronicles 2

Postby RobertMc123 » 19 Jul 2011, 12:39

This game has already dropped in Europe and was wondering if anyone has picked it up? I bought it after I found out it contains a registered edition of the first game on the same disc, having never played the first I figured this a good deal and honestly after playing it, its not a bad jrpg. However its the online components of this game that are really interesting, you can quest with 3 friends, build an online village and visit other peoples villages. It's interesting and very deep, however there is a big downside, in the single player campaign, you start the game by creating an avatar, this is the character you control when you go online but in the campaign you control another character who can summon a giant suit of armour to help in battle. Once you go online you control your avatar who cannot do this and even though the character who can do it is in your party, the White Knight never enters the online portion of the game, apart from that, I am having a lot of fun with it.
Anyone else going to be picking it up?
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: White Knight Chronicles 2

Postby Darkobra » 19 Jul 2011, 13:01

I will be as soon as I get money.

Lost ALL my WKC 1 data when my old PS3 died and I did pretty much everything. Twice. So I have to do all that again to carry over to WKC 2.

Tried to convince my friends to get it to play online with me. Not a shit was given from them!

But definitely loved the story.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
8bitmaster
First Video: Forget about it

Postby 8bitmaster » 19 Jul 2011, 17:06

ya i'm a bit of the way through the first one, but i'm in the US so its not out here yet. I will finish the first before I watch anything from the second though.
Doing whatever, whenever, whoever.
PSN: themanwithaname
Steam: demonboy100
Twitter: @8bitmaster
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/8bitmaster
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 26 Jul 2011, 12:47

I bought WKC on the day of release. Few hours into it, enjoying it but DB book got in the way.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 26 Jul 2011, 18:51

Darkobra wrote:Lost ALL my WKC 1 data when my old PS3 died and I did pretty much everything. Twice. So I have to do all that again to carry over to WKC 2.

Was there damage to the hard drive? Assuming you didn't trash the system you can always just pop out the HDD and put it into your new system (Then copy all the save files onto a usb and put back in the newer and probably larger HDD that came with the newer and probably smaller system)

Also, you could potentially just hook it up to a computer, they use standard laptop drives, but I'm not sure if their file structure would be readable by a PC
and now; back to me.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 16 Jan 2014, 14:44

I honestly don't know where the damage was. It just died out one day and wouldn't turn on. And I didn't have the tools to get that fucking thing out. It was in there good and proper.

Anyway, many years later, I got myself in a White Knight Chronicles mood and TOMORROW I get my White Knight Chronicles 2 and starting 1 all over again! MARATHON TIME!

I did half-expect a much bigger thread for this game.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 17 Jan 2014, 03:53

My PS3 died about 10 months ago and I had to get a new one, this led to all my save data dying. During this time i traded in WKC2 because I got a good price for it and I was used towards getting my Vita.
However the other day I went to my local HMV store, in there was a cardboard box with a bunch of loose disc in little plastic bags. A sign read "All games in box for £1" and there was White Knight Chronicles 2 and WWE All Stars. Picked them both up, so I have WKC2 again, but I hear the online servers are off for these, is that true?
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 17 Jan 2014, 04:35

Yup, as of June 2013 the servers are officially done and dusted for BOTH games.

Which sucks. I was looking forward to improving my crystal staff I got in WKC 1. But still, I am starting entirely again doing the 1st and 2nd to see the improvements. Just got my delivery this morning!
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
RobertMc123

Postby RobertMc123 » 19 Jan 2014, 08:36

Having not played it for a while, just a question, the online stuff, is that when you take a quest and it gives you like an hour to finish it? Is that what is turned off because I enjoyed that.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 19 Jan 2014, 11:11

Well I can tell you that in the original WKC, that is gone. BUT! In the remastered version that comes with WKC 2, it's still there and part of the main game now. But you now can't co-op. You still get guild missions AND new bounties and you still get guild ranks and the ability to upgrade stuff.

Also in the remastered version you don't need to be doing online missions to get sap from trees and get nodes.

I've not even started 2 yet but I imagine it's all there too.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 19 Jan 2014, 14:58

They shut down the co-op on those missions? I had a lot of fun doing that with a friend, actually. Only stopped playing it because his PS3 died.

I actually still have the game and haven't beat it yet. (I beat WKC1, just not 2 yet)
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 19 Jan 2014, 15:41

Yup, no GeoNet anymore. I've been playing the first one again with the remastered edition and I've definitely noticed a few differences that have made it worth playing all over. Faster combat and spell casting's been nice.

Also new guild and bounty missions. Some were the ones that were previously online and some are brand new that you can take the whole party with.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 20 Jan 2014, 23:34

Did my first offline guild mission. Here's an interesting upgrade! To make up for the lack of internet access to group with others, you can take your story mode party!

I thought I was going to struggle on the GR 9 onwards ones. Not anymore! For I have the White Knight!
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 24 Jan 2014, 06:59

Just beat the first one and figured I'd have some time to do some errands and a NG+. Well it didn't go to a NG+ and didn't let me go back after the ending to go do my errands.

Instead it took me straight to the second one's start. Errands and quests still intact in progress but I cannot travel the world for some time it seems.

Loving the new skills though. Final Apocalypse is brutal and I've been using that to clear entire rooms.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.

Return to “Video Games”