Bastion

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Re: Bastion

Postby psychopez » 29 Aug 2012, 11:31

Answer to spoiler question:

I did both, but I reset the first time. I'm a hope still flies type of guy, and thought enough of what people learned the first time would persist through the second time.

Also flowed well with my new game+, as the Narriator would often say something like, "Didn't I say this already? Never mind..."
@mhasko
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 29 Aug 2012, 11:42

I'm going to just say one thing about the game other then the fact it was very good. I found the ending to be disappointing. Not the part right before the ending, which was amazing and I loved it, but the actual endings were a step down from that in my opinion.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 29 Aug 2012, 15:52

They're releasing an iOS version.

Whut?
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 30 Aug 2012, 07:39

psychopez wrote:Answer to spoiler question:

This is really interesting!

I think my main issue with that idea is that if this was a TRUE reset, where everything was wiped, wouldn't you be guaranteed to get the exact same outcome, where the Calamity happens again and again because of the same war against the Ura? And, in that case, if you choose to Reset, you'd choose to reset every time, over and over, forever, trapped in a cycle of death and rebirth. That seems horrible to me, almost worse than just letting the Calamity happen once. Anyway, Caelondia got what they deserved. They wanted to destroy the Ura, and Venn rigged it so they ended up destroying themselves. Poetic justice.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 30 Aug 2012, 09:40

AlexanderDitto wrote:

I think my main issue with that idea is that if this was a TRUE reset, where everything was wiped, wouldn't you be guaranteed to get the exact same outcome, where the Calamity happens again and again because of the same war against the Ura? And, in that case, if you choose to Reset, you'd choose to reset every time, over and over, forever, trapped in a cycle of death and rebirth. That seems horrible to me, almost worse than just letting the Calamity happen once. Anyway, Caelondia got what they deserved. They wanted to destroy the Ura, and Venn rigged it so they ended up destroying themselves. Poetic justice.

My main reason for not choosing that ending and deciding to start anew, was that in a meta game sense, I was terrified that by choosing to revert back to how it had been before, I would effectively wipe out all the work I had done up to that point, lose my save progress and not get the new game+ mode. You'd make the decision to go back to the beginning, as if none of it had happened, and poof, its as if you'd never even played the game. I decided that probably wouldn't be the case, would probably piss off a heck of a lot of people who played it, but would've been the best, ballsiest thing ever, had they done it, an actual physical manifestation of the decision you made in the game. Like that game of space invaders (or whatever it was modelled on) where the enemies in the game were actually built from files on your hard drive, and every time you killed one, it would delete that file from your hard drive. Utterly ridiculous, pointless and not at all helpful to anyone, but a real sense of, what you do has consequences and if you aren't paying attention to it, you're gonna have a bad time.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby psychopez » 31 Aug 2012, 22:38

Myrph wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:

<snip>

<Myrph quote snip>

Also, and Stephen King's The Dark Tower spoilers ahead:
When I chose that ending, about 2 or 3 weeks prior a buddy and I had spent a long time talking about the ending of The Dark Tower, where the cycle starts anew but a minor change has occurred, with the impression that something will be different on this go through. Having that in the back of my head may have influenced my decision.
@mhasko
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 19 Apr 2013, 03:01

...Wow.

I just finished Bastion and a New Game+ in one sitting today.
As for my choices, I just can't leave Zolf behind. I evacuated, and then reset to see what those end credits looked like.

My favorite loadout was hammer+musket, but spear+repeater got some use.

I'm working on finishing all of the memorials. I'm not sure I'll use the shrine much, though. I'm not usually a fan of high difficulty in games... My weapons are getting terribly overpowered, though. It may be a bit more fun.
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 19 Apr 2013, 20:36

What do you guys think of Supergiant's upcoming Transistor? Or is it too soon with too little known to form a proper opinion?
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 20 Apr 2013, 12:04

It looks REALLY interesting to me!

I like the 'bullet time/VATS' pseudo-turn-based planning that the titular weapon permits amid a real-time action (my ONLY {and minor} complaint about Bastion)

And Logan's work? Image

I'm champing at the bit for this...
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 20 Apr 2013, 22:04

I've been rewatching the preview footage for Transistor. I want it in my computer so bad.

Return to “Video Games”