APB: Reloaded

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Dibria
First Video: The Job

APB: Reloaded

Postby Dibria » 12 Dec 2011, 15:07

Ok so I never played APB when it was originally online but I quite Fallout 3 the other day and steam update news appears with APB: Reloaded as free to play - why not right?

Turns out it's a lot of fun, if you haven't played it imagine Team Fortress 2, only you pick a side for good, you have a lot of character creation options, it's third person and it's a persistent world.

Honestly the game surprised me, the microtransaction model has me worried that in a few months only people who have spent £50 on in game items will be competitive but for now at least it's a fun team action game with excellent additions like 'call for backup' to bring in other players if you're team is overpowered or out numbered.

If you have played it already how are you finding it? I'd ask if you wanted to team up by I suck at the moment... quite badly.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: APB: Reloaded

Postby Geoff_B » 13 Dec 2011, 01:14

Dibria wrote:but I quite Fallout 3 the other day

See that? That right there is where you went wrong :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 13 Dec 2011, 02:47

I actually hated APB with a passion.

Not sure how much it's changed but the driving was the WORST! The 2 second delay between you pressing a button and turning the car made high-speed pursuits a nightmare and your reflexes meant sweet shit-all as you tried to avoid a head-on collision and found your car turning! IN THE AIR!

I actually pride myself on being a sniper too. 6 shots with a sniper directly into a guy's head! He takes one shot with a pistol after all this and because he's spent money on the game, instant kill!

After a week of that, I just couldn't stand it. Have they at least fixed the driving?
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Dibria
First Video: The Job

Postby Dibria » 13 Dec 2011, 03:16

@Geoff_B sadly on occasion I have to stop playing fallout 3, be it to get food or answer natures call, when this happens steam throws adverts in my face and on occasion I read them :P

The driving is very much dependent on your ping, the vehicles are all controlled server side and for good reason, the FAQ claims that when they tried having vehicles run on your machine in the beta lag issues meant people were getting killed by invisible cars from players that lagged. Personally I've found no issues with cars as the server I'm on is pretty close and I have a good internet connection. I notice you're in scotland - the server I've been playing on (I'm in east anglia) is EU2 in Germany and their connection seems rock solid - if you still have the client you may want to give it a go.

In response to the issue with insta kills from paying players, there are now roughly ability based districts, I don't know if that's new or not - but you get told when you finish the tutorial to stick with the district you're in until you're comfortable and then try another one and so on.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 13 Dec 2011, 05:11

Dibria wrote:sadly on occasion I have to stop playing fallout 3, be it to get food or answer natures call, when this happens steam throws adverts in my face and on occasion I read them :P

See I can understand the meanings of all those words individually, but when they're together in a sentence like that... nope, haven't got a clue :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis

Return to “Video Games”