Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
DMRenegade
First Video: 1337

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby DMRenegade » 25 Mar 2012, 08:21

Haven't logged in to this forum for quite a while now but just wanted to see, has anyone noticed that when the mass relay chain reaction starts it starts at the wrong system? Just saying.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby psychopez » 25 Mar 2012, 09:59

Spoiler tagging your comments:

DMRenegade wrote:Haven't logged in to this forum for quite a while now but just wanted to see, has anyone noticed that when the mass relay chain reaction starts it starts at the wrong system? Just saying.

What do you think the only issue they are going to fix in the DLC is?

Ending, smending, they're just going to rerender that so it's correct and call it a fix.

Then after the coda scene, they'll add a huge troll face with the caption, U MAD BRO? (Or SIS, if Shepard was female in the given playthrough)
@mhasko
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 25 Mar 2012, 11:16

*Goes to check*

Yes it does look a bit too far out of place doesn't it? Although I guess that by that stage you're past caring one way or the other.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
DMRenegade

Postby DMRenegade » 25 Mar 2012, 21:26

Hope it wasn't spoilers or anything, I figured it was vague enough to not really mean anything on its own.

I've already retcon'd the ending to what I feel is satisfactory in my mind. I just wish I didn't have to :(
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 Mar 2012, 14:24

Well that RTM drive was shut down due to the problem of encouraging similar drives of 'If you think X donate to y' which I agree. It wasn't a selfless drive. Intentions were 'good' but it was ultimately sinister.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 26 Mar 2012, 16:03

mass effect 1: 360, steam
mass effect 2: 360, steam, origin (was free)
mass effect 3: 360, steam
Freespace 2: Disc, GOG
Starcraft1: About six copies so i can give them to friends to play on bnet
Final Fantasy 6 (SNES, PSX, DS)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX, PSP)
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 Mar 2012, 16:59

Cybren wrote:mass effect 1: 360, steam
mass effect 2: 360, steam, origin (was free)
mass effect 3: 360, steam
Freespace 2: Disc, GOG
Starcraft1: About six copies so i can give them to friends to play on bnet
Final Fantasy 6 (SNES, PSX, DS)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX, PSP)

I think you are in need of this thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17603&start=25 :D
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 26 Mar 2012, 22:46

BTW: Shamus Young has the best take on the Mass Effect 3 ending of the bunch. The problem isn't that it's too dark. The problem is that it explains nothing (although it does attempt it, badly), provides no closure (doesn't really attempt it), and provides no affirmation (I think deliberately eschews it). You can abandon one. But all three? That's tough.

I'm also with him that the more I think about what an opportunity they threw away after ME1, I'm more angry than disappointed.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 27 Mar 2012, 05:03

There is one piece of closure. If you choose green, EDI and Joker embrace lovingly.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 27 Mar 2012, 08:01

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:There is one piece of closure. If you choose green, EDI and Joker embrace lovingly.

Spoilers! But yeah that's why it's my favourite ending. And since you need a decent score to be given the option it seems to me to be the "good" ending

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 27 Mar 2012, 10:38

Mass Effect 3 has been around for a few weeks now, the internet is crawling with rage about the ending and it's a bad idea to read threads about games you haven't finished yet. I don't personally believe in spoiler defence any more :P

Read and watched a few articles/videos about the ending and foolishly read some comments afterwards... I thank God for this forum community. To have a mature discussion about it is a miracle. I take this community for granted. Christ, humans are fucking ***ts in other forums. It's like World War 3 in cyberform. I'm proud to be in Switzerland.
DMRenegade

Postby DMRenegade » 27 Mar 2012, 10:54

http://random-average.com/index.php/201 ... c-process/

This blogger had a pretty good write up on more or less how I feel about the ending. Uses LOTR as method of explaining it too.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 27 Mar 2012, 15:00

Dear writers: If you create something, and your readers hope that what you just gave them was, in reality, an “it was a dream all along” ending, because that would be better than what you wrote, you seriously. fucked. up.

Sums up the ending.

From DMRenegade's link

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39736/revealed-the ... e-release/

Probably posted before. I prefer this to the current ending but it still feels A or Bness. Least it makes more sense and could take into account your achievements. Not amazing either.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 27 Mar 2012, 15:23

Look, there's a very simple reason why ALL the endings of Mass Effect 3 seem to provide no closure...

Mass Effect 4

Or whatever it will be called; I don't mean DLC, I mean the NEXT game in this franchise. And make no mistake, there WILL be more games dipping into this well - this setting is too valuable to BioWare to NOT exploit it for more money...
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 27 Mar 2012, 16:50

empath wrote:make no mistake, there WILL be more games dipping into this well - this setting is too valuable to BioWare to NOT exploit it for more money...

God willing, we'll all meet again in Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 28 Mar 2012, 02:38

Bioware gave the impression that future games would be set in the universe and not have Shepard (so 'no' ME4). They also gave the impression there would be 16 different endings depending on your decisions. Oh snap.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 28 Mar 2012, 02:57

Finished it for a second time, and now feel completely fair about describing the Indoctrination Theory to be fairly unsupportable as anything other than fan conjecture or (at best) lit crit. Some of the evidence cited is flatly false, other bits more easily explained otherwise.

Also, I like Drew K.'s ending better too. That's a much smarter, better moral choice, and one true to the Paragon/Renegade mechanic.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 28 Mar 2012, 03:21

Are you referring to this?

I'm not too sure about it because if it was that desperate why didn't the Reapers just ask for help rather than start wiping out entire civilisations? It doesn't seem to me to be that much better than "Synthetics will kill organic life so to prevent that from happening we will kill organic life first. Oh wait, we're synthetics!" You just replace synthetics with Dark Matter (maybe the Reapers were originally going to be made of Dark Matter?).

However you feel about the current endings, at least they acknowledge the Reapers as being wrong, whatever their motivation.

the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 28 Mar 2012, 08:09

Also editing spoiler tags into... everything. Because I'm not sure whether I need to or not.

So I have no idea where this thread's been and is going. But I JUST finished it. I got the "It was all just a fairytale" ending, also the Joker, Taylor and Garrus climbing out of the shuttle pre-credits.

Why couldn't they have just left it at that? Garrus was on my last mission team, and I thought he and Tali might have... Ya know, "Did anyone make it? Nope."
But Garrus being there, means that Tali survived as well, granted the implication was that poor EDI didn't, but fuck it, ALMOST everyone lives.

Yet that complete bullshit "Tell me another story about the shepard." If that's what's pissed everyone off, then I can fucking get right behind that!

Ok, so if youtube is correct, the "normal" ending, has Shepard living? I just got the "Secret" ending though, no shepard lives ending. I don't know why people would be pissed about the Shepard Lives ending though, it makes shit all sense, but so what, if you want sense, can someone please explain to me WHAT THE FUCK happened to the Rachni?

I just, I guess I'm failing to see how the "secret" ending was any sort of ending at all... Infact, what the hell? The entire ending didn't give much closure, if any. Reapers destroyed, mass relays destroyed... Does that mean I just hard reset the universe and stranded everyone where they were?

I'm so confused now that I stop to think about what I just saw.

Editing this in: Also, I think a little of my confusion might be the fact that in the last 6-7 days, I've played me1,2 and 3, putting about 50 combined hours into 1 and 2 and 30 into 3.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 28 Mar 2012, 08:13

And the bard joins the debate :D

So what ending did you go for? From the sounds of it you went for the red ending. And what do you mean "secret ending"?

If you can stand it, do what I did, play that last section again to see all the endings - the auto save will let you restart that last bit (but it won't let you skip dialogue).

the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 28 Mar 2012, 08:24

I looked at all 3 on YouTube. according to the youtube vid the "It was all a dream" was the "Secret" ending.

The other two endings I seen were basically the same, except control was blue instead of Red... Ahhh, that's because the Green ending wasn't IN my game... Huh. And I skipped it completely on that video. Re-watching.

Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 28 Mar 2012, 08:29

There's not all that much difference. However according to the wiki you need an EMS rating of at least 1,750 to be able to make a choice and 2,800 to get the green option (after Galactic Readiness multipliers that is). To get that last bit on the red ending you need 4,000 EMS.

My final EMS rating was about 3,600 after 50% galactic readiness (as in no multiplayer bonuses).

And if you really want to be confused there's the Indoctrination theory. Which I don't believe.
Last edited by Geoff_B on 28 Mar 2012, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 28 Mar 2012, 08:32

Uh huh.
Well, I'm not sure if my game was cracked properly (Yes, pirate, I'll buy it in a month or so when I don't need money to survive.) because the entire game my "War assets" didn't change, I mean, things got added, but on the war map everything was just a flat 50% from the start.

But in terms of what I'd done, prettymuch everything, I had like, 6 or 7 unfinished quests, mostly because I couldn't be assed walking around hte citadel.
And apart from the Geth/Quarian conflict I paragon optioned everything so I had prettymuch every force you can have.

Also, after watching the Green ending... DA FUQ. They changed the colour of EDI's visor, and gave Jeff Illusive man eyes. And nothing else.

Consider me officially subscribed to the "FUCK! WE SHIP NEXT WEEK, WE HAVE NO ENDING WHAT DO WE DO!" camp.
Last edited by the_lone_bard on 28 Mar 2012, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 28 Mar 2012, 08:34

the_lone_bard wrote:I mean, things got added, but on the war map everything was just a flat 50% from the start.

That's the multiplayer part. The more co-op you play, the more that number goes up. The final EMS score is War Assets * Galactic Readiness. I didn't play any co-op so mine stayed at 50%.

the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 28 Mar 2012, 08:53

As did mine.

But yeah, apart from the ending, I feel so cheated that NONE of the war assets I'd acquired were even given face time (with the main exceptions.)
I mean, the hell guys, the Rachni just vanished, as did Aria T'loak's mercs, the salarian STG...

Granted I wasn't expecting much, infact I was honestly expecting the final assault to include a "XXX reporting in, XXX ready, XXX here." but we didn't even get that.

Also out of curiosity, where was Conrad Verner? Cause I completely missed him.

Return to “Video Games”