Games of PAX East 2012

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Games of PAX East 2012

Postby aeric90 » 10 Apr 2012, 06:11

Instead of clogging up the General thread I thought I'd start a thread where we can talk about what we played / saw and what we were excited about on the show floor from PAX East 2012.

I played Tera and The Secret World. Tera I had never heard of and I was really surprised by it and how much fun it was. It's a Korean MMO where you actually have to aim and hit things instead of just pushing skill buttons. It was a lot of fun and really well fleshed out. I can't wait for the beta. I was really disappointed with The Secret World. It seemed so generic and boring and none of the lore stuff that was in the promo material didn't come through at all. Also no one at the booth was really talking to anyone. I'll try the open beta but I'm not expecting much.

I also watched the Civilization V expansion demo which looks really cool. They fix a lot of things with city states and the new religion stuff makes a lot of sense especially after the goofy one from Civ 4. I was also excited about the turn based XCOM game coming out and I wish the line was shorter so I could watch the demo.

I'm trying to think of more and if I can I'll jot it down. Hope more people add stuff!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Re: Games of PAX East 2012

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 10 Apr 2012, 06:34

I didn't get to play all that many games. But here's a rundown of what I did play.

I hopped on Secret World for a little bit without actually knowing what it was or what was going on. I giggled like a madman when I realized that the aoe spinning slash attack thingie could be done while running forwards as this would cause the character's upper body to inhumanly spin around whilst his lower half continued ahead with no issues. I did that for about 5 minutes, then got bored and left.

I got a chance to play Primal Carnage for a little while at the EVGA (I think) booth. I had an INORDINATE amount of fun with that. I don't know, something about running around as a dinosaur trying to hunt down humans jurrasic park style really got me giddy (despite how hard I sucked).

I basically refused to wait in line for any of the AAA titles because I had little to no interest in spending upwards of two and a half hours waiting to play 15 minutes of Borderlands 2. I also got to play a couple of the indie titles whose names are currently escaping me. All in all, it was fun and I'm looking forward to many of these releases. I'll likely be putting more information up on my blog today.
tanatoes
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby tanatoes » 10 Apr 2012, 16:50

My wife and I got sucked back in to Magic the Gathering, building four decks and even playing against James once. I also purchased SmallWorld and played it for the first time with the CEO of Gearbox. Good times.

By far the game that won PAX, though, and the one EVERYBODY was playing was Cards Against Humanity. What a simultaneously awful and hilarious game!

I actually didn't play any video games at all on the main floor, and I think my PAX was far calmer as a result.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends? 0639 9148 4145 6376
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 10 Apr 2012, 21:02

______________, It's a trap!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Apr 2012, 06:55

What was the last thing to go through michael jacksons mind before he died?

Masterbating into a pool filled with childrens tears.

-Cards against humanity

Also, I beat the crap out of james in mtg, and by that I mean I lost to him when I didnt have enough mana to fully flash back my bumps.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “Video Games”