League of Legends

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: League of Legends

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Feb 2013, 01:23

I cba playing it this week.

I only have Udyr as a Jungler and he really needs a good team to be effective early. Yes, he can farm fast, but if your team is feeding, you're stuck in an infinite loop.

Also Thresh is free so everyone is trying to support as him (and failing because they suck; not the champion), so I have to play Junglers...

Bot matches this week I guess...
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 15 Feb 2013, 03:05

That feel dude. I bought Udyr and have been failing so massively. >.< Back to Vi, I guess. She's absolutely beastly though.

My thing this week has been supporting. Very little jungling (my newest role, but probably my second-best. Been playing Thresh since I bought him on the 6300 price reduction, and love him. He's not easy though. Tried Fiddlesticks support for the craic the other night and now I'm four wins, no losses as Fiddle support. Crazy.

(Also add me EUW friends - ProgramTheNinth.)
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Feb 2013, 06:12

The only role I can play is Jungler or Support. If I have to solo top I get spooked. Mid is fine tbh. I just don't know when you gank as mid.
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 15 Feb 2013, 14:15

I recently picked up Xin as a jungler, I build him tanky cause his base stats are quite strong, and if you max W first you sustain while farming the jungle quite well. im really wanting to try Jarvan jungle as well though I havent had the chance to give it a shot(them lunar revel skins are so good).
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Feb 2013, 15:08

I'm suffering from needing 16 champions to play Banning Draft mode. But I want 16 champions I actually get enjoyment out of playing...
Which means buying a lot of 6.4k IP champions.

But I am also level 26, which means I am matching up against players who have runed. I have none except for 0.5% crit chance (which is hilarious, random crits as a ranged harass is lol). Which means I get slaughtered in 1v1 lanes. Also Jungling sustain isn't as good as it could be.

Sod Riot with their thinly veiled "pay to win" model.
Trymantha

Postby Trymantha » 15 Feb 2013, 16:01

I feel runes are way more important than champs, even things like amour yellows and magic resist blues go along way and are good on everyone

||tumblr||twitter||
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 15 Feb 2013, 18:46

Mm. They're especially essential for jungling, which is why you don't see quite as many junglers on the way up to 30 as after it (especially not before 20).

Banning Draft mode is cool, but normal games are almost as good early on, honestly.

As for the pay-to-win model, you can't buy runes except with IP, which you only earn by playing games. Yes you can increase how much you earn by paying for a boost, but only by about a factor of two (if even that). So everybody has to play games to get runes.

Try this article/infographic.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Kag

Postby Kag » 16 Feb 2013, 02:31

I X wrote:I bought Udyr and have been failing so massively.

Udyr is not super powerful right now, but he is fun and relatively forgiving as far as the fundamentals of jungling.

He's not very good at ganking, so you should try to exert pressure in other ways if your lanes aren't just presenting free kills. For example, if your mid has to base, cover the lane for them, and try as hard as you can to prevent their opponent from also going back. It forces that dude into an awkward position. Another is just knowing when to push. Udyr can clear waves like crazy, so if for any reason you can push a wave without putting your laner or yourself in serious danger (ward coverage is key), do it.

Counterjungling, too. It's generally good practice to try to infer the movements of the enemy jungler, but if you can do it well enough to steal their shit, or catch them out of position, you can have a huge impact. If possible, getting a smiteless start and rushing to steal the enemy's red buff and gank them there (take E at level 3 in this case) is a strong start. Conveniently, lots of popular junglers are poor early duelists who have to start blue (->Amumu<-), which is perfect conditions for this kind of early invade.

If you're getting an early lead, consider rushing a zephyr and maybe boots of mobility before buying tank items. Being able to zoom around the map lets you play to Udyr's strengths and further leverage your advantage. Otherwise, Sunfire Cape is a good early defensive buy that lets you farm even faster, or Locket of the Iron Solari if you want a cheap, extremely cost efficient item with team utility for diving and stuff. Wit's End is a good follow-up.

Oh, and don't forget to buy lots of wards.

Trymantha wrote:I recently picked up Xin as a jungler, I build him tanky cause his base stats are quite strong, and if you max W first you sustain while farming the jungle quite well. im really wanting to try Jarvan jungle as well though I havent had the chance to give it a shot(them lunar revel skins are so good).

The sustain isn't really big enough to justify maxing W first. Usually. The base heal doesn't even double going from ranks 1 to 5. Try maxing E first. If you really want to take advantage of the heal, though, build a Nashor's Tooth. Xin loves all of those stats. You are definitely correct about building him tanky, though. Recently, the popular build choice has been to rush Locket of the Iron Solari (on Jarvan IV as well), and follow up with like a Warmog's.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 16 Feb 2013, 05:03

For Supporting I found these useful:

An Adobe document presentation teaching you how to support lane-phase

and

A chart which shows you what is the best Support to pick for bot lane under various scenarios
Such as top 3 babysitters.
Or babysitter that counters the enemy ADC.
Babysitters that counter the enemy babysitter.
Yes, Fiddle and Zyra can be efficient babysitters under certain conditions.
Trymantha

Postby Trymantha » 16 Feb 2013, 12:10

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:For Supporting I found these useful:

An Adobe document presentation teaching you how to support lane-phase

and

A chart which shows you what is the best Support to pick for bot lane under various scenarios
Such as top 3 babysitters.
Or babysitter that counters the enemy ADC.
Babysitters that counter the enemy babysitter.
Yes, Fiddle and Zyra can be efficient babysitters under certain conditions.

Im not a fan of these things as much, when I play with my friend group they always go off things like these that have "counter picks", your better off characters you know, 95% of the time they are counter picks only if you know how to play the lane properly and only focus on the laning phase of the game. if you want to plaern to play new supports you are better off just playing them regardless, that way you learn the the different match ups and how you work with different ad carrys, the best ways to learn are to play match ups you are meant to loose rather than ones you are meant to win.

||tumblr||twitter||
Kag

Postby Kag » 16 Feb 2013, 12:58

Also that guide has some bad information. Like Tristana+Blitz is a straight up bad lane.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 15 Mar 2013, 19:35

huh, this thread may have died...

LIVE!! LIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Annnnnnnyway I've been tossing around a build that works well for Garen and in theory might work well elsewhere. The build is rather straight forward:

Doran blade, Doran blade, Doran blade -> Boots of Swiftness (Aclarity) -> Warmogs -> Sunfire -> Banshee's Veil/Spirit Visage -> Frozen Mallet -> Atma's Impaler.

So I have found monumental Success with this build on Garen as the retarded amount of hp you get allows for even diving Anivia through 3 towers and her egg. Even though this starts as off-tank as this starts, endgame you are still neigh immortal so I feel like it should work for others.

I tried it on Shen for a game and I did win, not for sake of the build, but for sake of Shen. I found that Shen doesn't have nearly as much hp regen as Garen, even with Vorpal blade. That being said, if hp regen is needed then it should work well on Mundo right? I have yet to try that but may eventually. Another thought that occured is that Garen has dps aside from just beating you in the face, more reason to use Mundo I guess. Anyone else have some ideas?

Note: I may get added bonus from this build as the runes I run are just +22 ad
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 19 Mar 2013, 21:13

Well dam, looks like this thread is done...

DIBBZ

If this is free for now I will post my own findings.... it will be time capsule of variable insanity! :D League related ofc

Poor Singed

With the latest patch singed had the tenacity removed from his ulti, In my opinion
I'm curious to see if anyone finds or cares about this but irregardless it entertains me so that's enough
this way too hard of a nerf. Singed play style revolves around kiting and his ability
Furthermore, I've always been curious about an old question i heard in which
to keep moving. His greatest NME is a slow, if you can keep him held long enough he
it asks, "If you buy a new tv and hit last channel, where does it go?
go down. Without his tenacity now, I feel like it will be too easy. To kill him
The first time i heard this it was mindblowing, so i try to make a point of asking it
previously required CONSTANT abuse and slows, now you can probably hold him with an
anytime a teacher finishes a lecture with, "any questions?"
icebourne. This also might force Singed's build now since if you want any tenacity
but i digress, if one were to perform said action I think it wouldn't go anywhere
now you need to get Merc Treads, I wonder if boots of swiftness are going to be less
however i have heard a suggestion that it would cycle all the channels
iconic for him. At time of writing I haven't played him in a live match so this all
personally i hope for a black hole or other temperol distortion that implodes the universe
may be invalid but i believe most players can see my point. If they wanted to pull
i'd love to hear another perspective but idk how many will bother with this dead thread
him back reducing the tenacity on Insanity Potion was best, not total removal.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 20 Mar 2013, 05:43

It seems the vast majority of the time as a Melee Top lane a Sunfire Cape is the best thing to make asap.

Bottom lane as an ADC B.F.
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 20 Mar 2013, 14:18

it seems like it depends on what you are planning. tanking probably should get sunfire but sadly it seems dorans and a BT is just as effective.

Lately i've seen people starting with a red pot and health pots
Kag

Postby Kag » 23 Mar 2013, 13:27

ElFuzzy wrote:I wonder if boots of swiftness are going to be less iconic for him.

They were already not the correct choice basically 100% of the time, on anyone.

Return to “Video Games”