Gaming General Chat Thread

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
WickedBoy6
First Video: Worst Day Ever

Re: Gaming General Chat Thread

Postby WickedBoy6 » 22 Sep 2012, 07:57

Playing Saints Row: The Third this weekend, since it's free on Steam. SO good. May end up picking it up, since it's 66% off to purchase.
Credit to Foxmar
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 Sep 2012, 09:07

I have been as well. My brother and I have played the 2nd one co-op and adored it. I had my doubts about this one after seeing all the marketing and how they seemed to be going from parody to full-on ridiculousness, but so far it's been pretty fun still.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 22 Sep 2012, 09:51

I personally really like Saints Row 3. I had a lot of fun with it.

Trying to decide if I want to pick up Borderlands 2 or Sleeping Dogs. Been told Sleeping Dogs is very good. So I dunno.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Sep 2012, 13:33

Oh no! Im in trouble! they caught me! I better follow that ling!

Dear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment, illegitimately means playing player game with an unaltered client. Doing otherwise violates our policies for Wow and Diablo III or Star Wars Online Game, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of games are based on. We strongly recommend that you stop using any hacks, cheats, bots, or exploits we catch you used. Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure ling:

(link deleted)

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.
* Game you player of
* Account Name and Password
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently and your registered credit card we charge for damages to our game. Account security is incorrigible important to us, and we hope that it's important to you and you not a cheater. If you have any additional security recommendations to add to our list, please feel free to share them in the comments!

Account Administration Team
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
WickedBoy6

Postby WickedBoy6 » 22 Sep 2012, 20:53

It says I'm 36% completed through it, but I don't know if that's story mode or "All" of the game. In any case, I can see where people can say it went all-out ridiculousness, but honestly, the 2nd one wasn't exactly bolstered in the real world, what with Insurance Fraud and Septic Avenger. Sure, it didn't have speed-boosting gothgirls carrying megaton hammers, but I could see something like Professor Genki being incorporated in SR2's world.

Also...

Lord Hosk wrote:Doing otherwise violates our policies for Wow and Diablo III or Star Wars Online Game.

...didn't know Blizzard made Star Wars Online Game. Looks like SW:TOR has some competition in SWOG.
Credit to Foxmar
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 22 Sep 2012, 21:23

Kapol wrote:Trying to decide if I want to pick up Borderlands 2 or Sleeping Dogs. Been told Sleeping Dogs is very good. So I dunno.

I don't know, I think I'd let Sleeping Dogs lie.
WickedBoy6

Postby WickedBoy6 » 22 Sep 2012, 22:48

metcarfre wrote:I don't know, I think I'd let Sleeping Dogs lie.

I see what you did there.

In all honesty, I'd go Borderlands 2, I've been told that Sleeping Dogs is kind of shaky, as there's some stuff in SD that should've been in GTA4, while there's stuff in GTA4 that should've been in SD. Plus, the story's pretty jank in some areas.

In all honesty, it depends if you're looking for a decent solo experience, or some good co-op. For single player, let the Dogs out. For fun co-op, book a vacation to the 'Lands...2.
Credit to Foxmar
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 23 Sep 2012, 00:15

I don't do co-op. Mostly because I don't have friends. So sleeping dogs might be the better choice. That said I don't think I'm going to get either right now. I'll likely pick up one of them when I get my game library down a bit.

Also, Walking Dead is on sale for $15 in the US on Amazon. Pick it up is my recommendation. Posted that on Walking Dead thread too.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 23 Sep 2012, 17:43

metcarfre wrote:
Kapol wrote:Trying to decide if I want to pick up Borderlands 2 or Sleeping Dogs. Been told Sleeping Dogs is very good. So I dunno.

I don't know, I think I'd let Sleeping Dogs lie.

You knew it was coming:

But after getting this latest Humble Bundle, I find I've only played a bit of SPAZ (having already played the demo in the past)...

...but I am ROCKING those soundtracks! :)
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 26 Sep 2012, 06:50

Speaking of Humble Bundles, I've been playing Torchlight. I had never played a dungeon Crawler before, but I'm really enjoying it. This is likely because my alchemist is steamrolling everything.

Also, I played the demo for Torchlight they day before the bundle posted. One of the weirdest coincidences I've ever experienced.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Sep 2012, 09:35

I think I'm at the point in my life where I don't like content for content's sake. Therefore, I'm trying to burn through Red Dead Redemption as fast as possible while still having fun.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 26 Sep 2012, 13:01

I am trying to play Lego Batman 2, which is awesome from what I've been able to play so far, but am being prevented by my graphics driver constantly crashing within five minutes - nvlddmkm.sys has stopped responding.

I've tried updating, clean installing, everything. And it still happens.

I am annoyed.

Edit: There's a later version of the drivers available. Not holding my breath but here goes...
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 30 Sep 2012, 17:41

Well, there's this OLD game - one of the first 3D games (totally without textures, natch), and even moreso, one of the first real-time strategy games. Likely also an inspiration for the infamous Battlecruiser 3000. And it was on the old 8- and 16-bit systems; Apple Mac, DOS, C64 & Amiga, Atari ST, and Spectrum.

Carrier Command

It was hard as hell (obtuse controls and prevalent crash-bugs didn't help), and despite its ambition - you were in charge of a complete expeditionary force, and even had to manage resources to replace ammunition & vehicles used up during your conquests, it was praised much more than it was played.

...and they've made a remake of it..

...and not just ANY ol' developer - Bohemia Interactive, the uber-realists who gave us Operation Flashpoint and ARMA/ARMA II!

*nostalgic sigh*

..."I'll be in my bunk." ;)
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 30 Sep 2012, 22:21

That actually looks pretty fucking epic.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 18 Oct 2012, 18:20

Can I get some advice? I want to pick up a game in order to reward myself for getting a 4.0 in both of my classes that just finished. I'm torn between Borderlands 2 ($40 right now through GMG), Sleeping Dogs ($25 through Steam), or Dishonored ($48 through GMG with 20% off coupon). Any advice from someone who's played them or a couple of them?
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 18 Oct 2012, 19:09

I haven't played any of them, so clearly I can offer the most un-biased advice.
Borderlands 2: You'll like it if you enjoyed the first one. I didn't so I don't suggest it. :P
Sleeping Dogs: I've heard it's very fun.
Dishonered: I've heard it's the bee's knees. I plan to get it sometime, therefore I think it's the best choice.

Hope that helps! :mrgreen:
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 18 Oct 2012, 20:12

I'D LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 19 Oct 2012, 09:38

I hated Borderlands 1 but loved 2. The quests have more substance now and more story behind them.

Dishonoured? Heard nothing but good things. Not played it myself.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 19 Oct 2012, 09:43

Great News!

Farming Simulator 2013 is out next week!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 19 Oct 2012, 09:45

So helpful Jam. :p But yea, I've heard nothing but that it's amazing about Dishonored. Well, besides the PA guys, who didn't seem to care for it that much. But I'm considering the following in my decision:

-playtime
-enjoyment
-likelyhood I'll play it (as of late, with my busy scheduel, this has become more and more important)
-story
-bacon

But yea. It sounds like all of them are good games. Gavin Dunne said Sleeping Dogs was a lot of fun, I've heard Borderlands 2 is a lot like the first one. Considering I liked the first one (though, like you Darkobra, I felt it didn't have enough substance overall and the missions felt somewhat pointless more often then not), that's a good thing. And Dishonored has been raved about a lot recently as well and sounds interesting.

Hence why the choice is so hard... :(
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 19 Oct 2012, 11:24

Well Borderlands 2 is quite similar to the first one. But there's a LOT more story to it than "You need to find a vault." It has a villain that is constantly taunting you, it has familiar faces helping you out, a lot more dialogue and it is fucking over the top hilarious!

But I've only managed to bring myself to do at least one playthrough because I think what sucked me in at all was the jokes and the story and none of it will surprise me anymore.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Oct 2012, 18:35

Hmm...I'm now involved in 3 different tabletop RP campaigns, all of which use different systems, and it's my first time playing with each (though I'm pretty solid on Pathfinder now, as that's been going on for a while, and I'm starting to figure out Alternity).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 22 Oct 2012, 22:47

I got Sleeping Dogs. It's fun besides one thing... the fact that it's incredibly difficult to get full cop points during missions. This is a similar problem as to what I had during LA Noire. If you give us an open world game, don't penalize the player and make them furious or feel stupid every time they have to swerve to avoid something and hit a mailbox. The fact I get marked down for doing small things like that, yet not for actually RAMMING POLICE VEHICLES makes no freaking sense to me.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 22 Oct 2012, 23:26

New laptop = I can play games again!

Oh and if anyone is thinking of buying Lego Batman 2 I urge you to do so with all due haste. It is a worthwhile investment of your hard-earned currency :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 23 Oct 2012, 15:58

So I just bought the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection because it was on sale. Having never played a Metal Gear title before, what the hell did I just get myself into?

Return to “Video Games”