JRPG Mafia: TOWN WINS, SURVIVOR WINS

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: JRPG Mafia: DAY 1

Postby EikoandMog » 03 Jan 2013, 23:10

(I'm out at the moment so no flavour text right now. I count 6 votes for JackSlack meaning day 1 ends in a No Lynch. Correct me if I'm wrong. NIGHT 1 BEGINS NOW. Those of you with night roles, you know what to do. Please cease all conversation in this thread.)
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: JRPG Mafia: NIGHT 1

Postby EikoandMog » 08 Jan 2013, 02:52

The previous day ended with only a few fingers being pointed without a great deal of sincerity and as such, the mob was never roused to take action against the one most suspected of being a Warrior of Darkness. A peaceful night complete with a lovely tune takes a dark note as Duckay runs to the house of Dutch guy. “Spread the word, there’s been murder! Town plaza, right now!”

The town gathers in the plaza. It doesn't take long before not one but two bodies are found right next to the statue of the goddess. Kapol and Master Gunner have been found mere meters away from each other, both bloody and lifeless. The bodies are cold; this happened overnight. The townspeople remain silent, shocked at how this ended until finally JackSlack speaks up and suggests that it would be best to identify where the allegiances lied. It’s simple for Kapol, he clutched a black amulet in his final moments and a harp next to their body made their Class obvious. Kapol was a Minstrel.

Master Gunner is harder to determine. The large axe still clutched in his hand and lodged deep in to the ground makes the others curious and without an amulet of Darkness or Light, it’s difficult to determine what Master Gunner wanted. After a few moments, Tapir12 speaks. He recalls those trained in barbarian arts and in frenzy, cannot discern good from evil. An inspection of Master Gunner’s house shows a series of armors made out of fur. iamafish speaks : “It’s clear. Master Gunner was a Berserker.” A long search shows up no other bodies or clues.

Day 2 begins now. Day 2 will last for 6 days real time.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Re: JRPG Mafia: NIGHT 1

Postby iamafish » 08 Jan 2013, 02:56

well, I call that a win.

I'm guessing that Gunner got to kill one of his attackers when he was killed, based on the description and what a 'Berserker' actually is, so that implies that we don't have a second night-kill (or only ave a vig who's keeping his head down for now).
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Re: JRPG Mafia: DAY 2

Postby Preacher » 08 Jan 2013, 03:47

Okay, I guess we're 1 mafia and 1 neutral for no townies, so towns up on that scale. Although I have no idea what to make of this, unless Kapol went after Gunner, and Gunner killed him while dying himself? That seems right?
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Jan 2013, 06:58

:(

Not that I expected to last for long, though.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 08 Jan 2013, 08:42

I agree it's most likely that Master Gunner was targeted and, due to his ability, was able to kill his attacker, but still died himself.

That's a pretty good outcome for Night 1.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 08 Jan 2013, 09:15

I agree this seems to be a win for the town.

I assume the mafia thought gunner to be a good target as he's an experienced player.

His class being Berserker could mean that he did indeed kill Kapol after he was attacked. The fact they were found right next to each other seems to point in that direction too.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 08 Jan 2013, 09:21

Hm, losing a Warrior of Darkness day one is interesting. Looking back at his posts, Kapol seemed to be defending JackSlack while being wishy-washy on Duckay. Perhaps nothing, but for now...

FoS: JackSlack
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 08 Jan 2013, 09:38

Well, that could have been a lot worse. :D

And I'd have to agree with Under_Score. The best thing we have to go on is our dead Warrior of Darkness's actions in the past, and he seemed to be arguing very against lynching JackSlack. Whether or not I think it means anything, though, I'm not quite sure yet.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Utilitarian
First Video: Checkpoint 01

Postby Utilitarian » 08 Jan 2013, 10:32

I don't think JackSlack's with the Darkness folks. I got a hot tip from a half-camel down the road that he's on the up and up. More likely Kapol was trying to keep suspicion off himself. It only makes sense, if all the Warriors 'o Darkness came out against the same target it'd be way too obvious. I'm willing to wager they were just trying to split decisions, keep people from lynching day 1 so they could just get away with a kill in the night, and didn't plan on the noble savage Master Gunner.
Look at the cards. LOOK AT THE CARDS!
The Saga of Ballchannels: My Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 08 Jan 2013, 12:17

Utilitarian wrote:I don't think JackSlack's with the Darkness folks. I got a hot tip from a half-camel down the road that he's on the up and up. More likely Kapol was trying to keep suspicion off himself. It only makes sense, if all the Warriors 'o Darkness came out against the same target it'd be way too obvious. I'm willing to wager they were just trying to split decisions, keep people from lynching day 1 so they could just get away with a kill in the night, and didn't plan on the noble savage Master Gunner.

Exactly. So, the question now is: Which people were aligning with Kapol's logic? This is a common behaviour to see on day 1 mafia games, before they've had a chance to convene and discuss strategy.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 08 Jan 2013, 12:56

Perhaps, if it was a delaying tactic, the place to look is people who didn't vote.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 08 Jan 2013, 13:06

...Which is my cue to mention that I totally forgot about this game between my first post and today. :?

Anyway, now I'm here: from the flavour text I'd say I agree with the suggestion that Gunner took Kapol with him. That doesn't necessarily mean we don't have another night killer, though. I wonder if the Berserker would've been able to kill voluntarily or if the revenge kill was his only power?
Under_Score

Postby Under_Score » 08 Jan 2013, 15:55

It's also possible that it wasn't a revenge kill, and Gunner just happened to target one of the baddies. As for figuring out based on who didn't vote, I'm not sure how well that tactic works based on the first day. I mean, there will be plenty of people (like myself) who just don't know who to vote for.
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 09 Jan 2013, 11:31

In the interests of not running out of time like we did on Day 1, I'm going to point a few fingers at the same time. There isn't a lot to go on so far, but now I've read the thread through properly, if you forced me to pick someone to lynch right now I'd go for one of the following:

FoS: iamafish because he normally votes for a No Lynch on Day One but this time he was uncertain, suggesting he has a different agenda than usual, i.e. he isn't a Townie.

FoS: Utilitarian because his opinions don't seem consistent from post to post. In particular he was anti-lynch yesterday and yet in his last post he suggests preventing a Day One lynch is a sound Mafia tactic. Also this:

Utilitarian wrote:I'm going to come out against day 1 lynching. If the current target is one of us good guys, I would have expected a greater turn out in favor of the lynch.

This post seems to suggest that he thought Jack was Mafia and we shouldn't kill him. I'm sure it's just a slip-up rather than a confession, but it's the kind of mistake that's easier to make if you have something to hide and you're not giving your honest opinion.

FoS: JackSlack not for anything he's done, but because Utilitarian has gone out of his way to speak up for Jack twice, so if I'm right about Utilitarian then Jack also comes under suspicion. Could be a bluff or a coincidence, but it's worth considering if Utilitarian does turn out to be a rotten apple.
Utilitarian

Postby Utilitarian » 09 Jan 2013, 11:50

I dunno seems like you're casting blame in a lot of directions. In my case, based on my having typed in my thoughts a little incoherently. I think it was always obvious that I was against the JackSlack lynch because I thought he was a Warrior of Light.
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 09 Jan 2013, 12:56

I am casting blame in a lot of directions. That is always my number one priority in the early stages of a Mafia game, because it provokes discussion and it gets players to stop hesitating and start thinking for themselves.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 09 Jan 2013, 14:31

I don't have a lot of ideas, but I will throw this one out.

Kapol seemed to be defending JackSlack with a little more passion than he was defending me. I don't buy that Kapol was trying to keep suspicion off himself, because Kapol was never really under suspicion. Under a lot of circumstances, I would argue that Utilitarian's comment about his feelings on JackSlack's innocence should be given at least some credence, but I'm not convinced that Utilitarian doesn't have something going on, too.

So, I will stick with my plan from yesterday, if slightly more tentatively.

FoS: JackSlack
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 09 Jan 2013, 17:37

So we seem to be going in the same direction as yesterday so far, though with a little more evidence, as weak as it is. My vote yesterday was simply a vote for a lynch, but on the second day we should at least have some reasonable suspicion of guilt. I need to read over my notes and then see what I think.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Utilitarian

Postby Utilitarian » 09 Jan 2013, 17:54

I'm really coming out against a lynch on JackSlack. It's simply the wrong move. I'm just positive he's not evil. Hell lynch me before you lynch him, at least that way you'll then see that I'm townie and know I wasn't lying about Jack.

*edit* and for the record, if I seem inconsistant with my Mafia "strategy" this IS my first Mafia game.
Last edited by Utilitarian on 09 Jan 2013, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 09 Jan 2013, 17:55

Kapol's behaviour WAS mafia consistent even if I'm not (and I'm not) mafia. The standard gambit is to create evidence that can be pointed to later.

My FoS leans to Duckay and one other. I'm not naming them. (It's Under_score.) Nothing more than hunches at this point.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 09 Jan 2013, 17:58

Utilitarian wrote:Hell lynch me before you lynch him, at least that way you'll then see that I'm townie and know I wasn't lying about Jack.

I smell a bluff.

Vote: Utilitarian.
Utilitarian

Postby Utilitarian » 09 Jan 2013, 18:02

I'm officially voting however JackSlack votes.
Under_Score

Postby Under_Score » 09 Jan 2013, 18:30

Well, now I'm not sure whether to vote for JackSlack or Utilitarian. Because, I'm more confident about Jack than Utilitarian, but with one vote already going Utilitarian's way, it's tempting to jump on that bandwagon. Eh, I'll just go with my original suspicion for now and change if I need to help get a lynch through.

Vote: JackSlack

Also, this way, if I'm wrong and Utilitarian does have some sort of access to an investigation, we haven't lost that.
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Postby Preacher » 09 Jan 2013, 19:03

Utilitarian wrote:I'm really coming out against a lynch on JackSlack. It's simply the wrong move. I'm just positive he's not evil. Hell lynch me before you lynch him, at least that way you'll then see that I'm townie and know I wasn't lying about Jack.

That seems reasonable, we lynch you, if you're town, we get information, at which point I'm on pyre right behind you, if you're not, we get information and Jack is on the pyre right behind you, although I'm still not entirely convinced that Jack is mafia

Vote: Utilitarian
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.

Return to “Video Games”