Let's play the lying game!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Let's play the lying game!

Postby JackSlack » 12 Jul 2013, 15:22

The Lying Game

Four people post a fact about themselves. One of them is lying. (At least, a little over 99% of the time.) Your job is to figure out which one that is.

The Rules:

1. Four people will be selected to tell a fact. Here's how selections work.
    a. People who guessed correctly in the last round get a spot. If there are more than four, whoever has the fewest times as a fact-teller is selected.
    b. People who guessed incorrectly in the last round get a spot. Again, if there are more than four, whoever has the fewest plays is selected.
    c. People who "put their hand up" but do not guess get a spot.
Any ties are decided randomly.

2. A number between 1 and 101 is randomly generated. If the number is between 1-25, the first person selected is a liar. Between 26-50 means the second person is lying. Between 51-75 means the third person is, and between 76-100 means the fourth person is our liar. 101 means nobody lies.

3. People tell their facts. Facts should reference outside the game or at least to the past of the game. The fact "I am not the liar." is banned after Viscomica demonstrated the power of it. (She is to be commended for this, but it's not to be repeated.) The fact, "I am the liar." is likewise banned due to logical paradox.

4. Scoring is as follows.
    a. Correctly guessing the liar is worth three points.
    b. If you are the liar, you get one point for every person who guesses someone other than you. These are called "Lying Bastard Points".
    c. If you are telling the truth, you get one point for every person who guesses you. These are called, "Dishonest Face Points".
    d. If you claim that nobody is lying, and you are correct, this is worth a whopping 15 points. These are called, "Shiny Trust Points".

The game ends never.

(Original post text follows.)
OK, pretty simple. Wanna play? Post here for our first set. First four people to post anything in the thread are up first, and then I'll message one of them to be 'the liar'. We all then post a fact about ourselves, except one of us will be lying. I'll leave the thread up for a while and then ask the liar to reveal him or herself, and explain the lie. The truthtellers can also reveal the circumstances of their true fact. I'll then message another set of four people who've posted in the thread, and we can just keep on goin'.

So for now, post anything. Except a fact.

Well, I guess you can post them too, but right now I'm just wanting to know who's in.
Last edited by JackSlack on 06 Jan 2014, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby empath » 12 Jul 2013, 15:27

Why not? I'm game!
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Jamfalcon
Posts: 3325
Joined: 08 Aug 2011, 13:59
First Video: Killer Instinct
Location: Somewhat nearish Vancouver. Kind of.
Contact:

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Jamfalcon » 12 Jul 2013, 15:36

Alright, count me in.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Image
User avatar
ElFuzzy
Posts: 2124
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 07:12
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Location: The Fields of Justice

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby ElFuzzy » 12 Jul 2013, 15:37

I'm game
User avatar
Lyinginbedmon
Posts: 10808
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 18:08
First Video: BioShocked
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham
Contact:

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 12 Jul 2013, 15:44

Eh? What?
Image
Image
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
User avatar
Darkobra
Posts: 5343
Joined: 27 Jul 2007, 14:49
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis
Location: Scotland

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Darkobra » 12 Jul 2013, 16:12

It's essentially Call My Bluff.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby JackSlack » 12 Jul 2013, 16:41

Ok, first round is myself, Empath, Jamfalcon and ElFuzzy!

FACT: When I was young, I used to get beat up by my pet poodle.
User avatar
ElFuzzy
Posts: 2124
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 07:12
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Location: The Fields of Justice

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby ElFuzzy » 12 Jul 2013, 16:44

FACT: At my last house I would get into contests of will, for lack of a better term, with my shower.
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby empath » 12 Jul 2013, 17:38

FACT: I am good friends with the leader of the UK Pirate Party.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Jamfalcon
Posts: 3325
Joined: 08 Aug 2011, 13:59
First Video: Killer Instinct
Location: Somewhat nearish Vancouver. Kind of.
Contact:

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Jamfalcon » 12 Jul 2013, 18:58

FACT: I have never tasted a carbonated beverage.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Image
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby JackSlack » 12 Jul 2013, 19:46

You've heard the "facts" now, guys, judge for yourselves! State who you think is lying and why!
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Jul 2013, 19:58

I think ElFuzzy is lying.

As to why: I know how Empath operates, I wouldn't doubt at all him been friends with the head of the UK Pirate Party. Jamfalcon's is just to unbelievable to be the truth, so it must be (1. Reality is unrealistic, and 2. I cheated and searched the forum, where he stated as such before). That leaves you and ElFuzzy, so I'm meta-gaming and betting you wouldn't pick yourself off the bat.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
ElFuzzy
Posts: 2124
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 07:12
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Location: The Fields of Justice

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby ElFuzzy » 12 Jul 2013, 20:12

I've said that before?? When the hell... w/e. Nope, swing and a miss.

EDIT: Oh I may have miss understood you there, but you still failed.
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby JackSlack » 12 Jul 2013, 20:27

ElFuzzy wrote:I've said that before?? When the hell... w/e. Nope, swing and a miss.

EDIT: Oh I may have miss understood you there, but you still failed.


Shh.
User avatar
Merrymaker_Mortalis
Posts: 7224
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 19:19
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist
Location: Wales

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Jul 2013, 06:47

Jamfalcon wrote:FACT: I have never tasted a carbonated beverage.


I think is lying due to how dry the fact is.
User avatar
ZePancakes
Posts: 813
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 19:23
First Video: Bad News
Location: The Event Horizon, NSW, Aus

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby ZePancakes » 13 Jul 2013, 06:50

I'm in next round.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Image
User avatar
Jamfalcon
Posts: 3325
Joined: 08 Aug 2011, 13:59
First Video: Killer Instinct
Location: Somewhat nearish Vancouver. Kind of.
Contact:

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Jul 2013, 07:46

Whether or not my fact is true, I hadn't realized this game would start so quick, so I had to think of something in the middle of running a D&D game. Poor planning on my part. :P

Edit: I should specify, not while actually running the game, I posted during a break for food.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Image
User avatar
Darkobra
Posts: 5343
Joined: 27 Jul 2007, 14:49
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis
Location: Scotland

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Darkobra » 13 Jul 2013, 08:12

Jamfalcon wrote:Edit: I should specify, not while actually running the game, I posted during a break for food.


LIE!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby JackSlack » 13 Jul 2013, 14:54

Lyinginbedmon, Darkobra, ZePancakes, do you guys have any guesses? C'mon, take a punt!
User avatar
Darkobra
Posts: 5343
Joined: 27 Jul 2007, 14:49
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis
Location: Scotland

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Darkobra » 13 Jul 2013, 17:21

I think Jam's lying considering he had to think of something fast. The poodle one seems highly likely as the ankle biters are little terrors and Empath is a man full of surprises. He may very well be friends of a party I've never heard of.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
User avatar
ElFuzzy
Posts: 2124
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 07:12
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Location: The Fields of Justice

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby ElFuzzy » 13 Jul 2013, 17:40

If able, I want in on the next round
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Master Gunner » 13 Jul 2013, 17:45

I too would be in for a future round.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Lurkon
Posts: 1027
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 09:50
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby Lurkon » 13 Jul 2013, 17:51

I think Jamfalcon's lying.

I'd be in for a future round.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
User avatar
ZePancakes
Posts: 813
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 19:23
First Video: Bad News
Location: The Event Horizon, NSW, Aus

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby ZePancakes » 13 Jul 2013, 18:10

Who knows, JackSlack? For all I know he could of not had a dog.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Image
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Let's play the lying game!

Postby JackSlack » 13 Jul 2013, 19:03

Ok. It's been about 24 hours. Will our liar please step forward?

Return to “Video Games”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests