Four people post a fact about themselves. One of them is lying. (At least, a little over 99% of the time.) Your job is to figure out which one that is.
1. Four people will be selected to tell a fact. Here's how selections work.
- a. People who guessed correctly in the last round get a spot. If there are more than four, whoever has the fewest times as a fact-teller is selected.
b. People who guessed incorrectly in the last round get a spot. Again, if there are more than four, whoever has the fewest plays is selected.
c. People who "put their hand up" but do not guess get a spot.
2. A number between 1 and 101 is randomly generated. If the number is between 1-25, the first person selected is a liar. Between 26-50 means the second person is lying. Between 51-75 means the third person is, and between 76-100 means the fourth person is our liar. 101 means nobody lies.
3. People tell their facts. Facts should reference outside the game or at least to the past of the game. The fact "I am not the liar." is banned after Viscomica demonstrated the power of it. (She is to be commended for this, but it's not to be repeated.) The fact, "I am the liar." is likewise banned due to logical paradox.
4. Scoring is as follows.
- a. Correctly guessing the liar is worth three points.
b. If you are the liar, you get one point for every person who guesses someone other than you. These are called "Lying Bastard Points".
c. If you are telling the truth, you get one point for every person who guesses you. These are called, "Dishonest Face Points".
d. If you claim that nobody is lying, and you are correct, this is worth a whopping 15 points. These are called, "Shiny Trust Points".
The game ends never.
(Original post text follows.)
OK, pretty simple. Wanna play? Post here for our first set. First four people to post anything in the thread are up first, and then I'll message one of them to be 'the liar'. We all then post a fact about ourselves, except one of us will be lying. I'll leave the thread up for a while and then ask the liar to reveal him or herself, and explain the lie. The truthtellers can also reveal the circumstances of their true fact. I'll then message another set of four people who've posted in the thread, and we can just keep on goin'.
So for now, post anything. Except a fact.
Well, I guess you can post them too, but right now I'm just wanting to know who's in.