Remember Me?

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Remember Me?

Postby Hepheastus » 16 Sep 2013, 05:59

So about a week ago I picked up a copy of Remember Me, a third person, beat em'up, action adventure. It first came to my attention when the developer, Dontnod Entertainment, had a difficult time finding a Publisher for the game because the game has a female protagonist and they were told 'The game won't succeed, You can’t have a female character in games. It has to be a male character, simple as that.’ The game was eventually published by Capcom and I got through it in a weekend. My thoughts, B+. Remember Me has some fantastic ideas, including reworking people memories to change who they are so they agree with you and a combat system where you can customize your combo's to heal yourself or charge your supper attacks and things like that. Visually the game is superb, the art style fits the games themes and it's cyberpunk aspect. The levels are small, but built in such away as to make them feel bigger.
Anyway I got the game, I liked it and I was wondering if anyone else had got it, seeing as how much trouble the Dev's went through to publish it
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: Remember Me?

Postby Vigafre » 16 Sep 2013, 19:10

I played it over the summer. I was really excited for it before it came out, but the reviews prevented me from getting it right away. I caved after it dropped to $40, and I must say, it was worth it.

It does have some moments where I totally just wanted to stop. There were times where I'd totally be stuck in a situation where I couldn't heal because the enemies hits did more damage than my regen. Also, screw those invisible enemies. Other times, the combo system just...no. It's not easy to adjust your combo to your current needs. It would have been nice if the player could set up preset groups of combos.

HOWEVER, I really did enjoy it. When the fighting worked, it really worked. I've always been bad at timing, so I can't blame the game for that, but sometimes I felt really cool. I kind of wish there was more of a parkour element, as it was really unnecessary for the most part.

All in all, I enjoyed it. Some people might consider the following clause a spoiler, but I wouldn't mind playing another game with a similar style, and I really wish the genre itself was more prevalent.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Re: Remember Me?

Postby Hepheastus » 16 Sep 2013, 23:59

I know what you mean, I was playing on the hard difficulty and there were some points were I just wanted to snap my controller in frustration. I also know what you mean with the parkour element, it felt kind of unnecessary. I'm guessing they didn't have a big triple A budget so I would really like to see a similar game with a more...refined system
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder

Return to “Video Games”