Mafia Mafia - Game Over, Duckay Wins!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Re: Mafia Mafia - Game Over, Duckay Wins!

Postby Hepheastus » 12 Oct 2013, 17:10

JackSlack wrote:
Hepheastus wrote:I did warn you... :P

That said, I do have to say this. And this isn't just aimed at you, Heph.

Guys? It is not cool to post after you're dead. I know, it's tempting. And the line is blurry, I grant you. I didn't mind Preacher's last comment, because there's a grand tradition of 'final words' posts on the day after your night kill, provided they're neutral and don't further the play. (I'd have had a hard time not saying "Life is so beautiful" in Preacher's position.)

None the less, it's still a breach of the rules, and it constitutes a play after you're out. I know you didn't mean anything by it, Heph, and Duckay got out in the end, but it cast additional guilt on Duckay on the day by your posting there. Admiral Memo, you've had a few posts like this too.

I know nobody's going into this with malicious intent. We're all just wrapped up in the game, and that's great! But the time for those kind of comments is NOW, after the game has wrapped, and it's time to enthuse and celebrate. Not while it's in game.

Yes, my apologies, I was overly verbose. Didn't think about it at the time
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 12 Oct 2013, 17:11

I could have sworn Gunner, or someone, said that Duckay visited me during the night, and I'm pretty sure it was Duckay herself... either that, or my memory has been corrupted by a file not found error.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Oct 2013, 18:54

If wouldn't've been caught if it weren't for that daggone Gunner, which I told them we should kill. I knew from his quietness that he was the cop, just like MLP.

I still had no idea what Heph was up to, despite him being right.

I don't think I played that one well, myself, though, as I didn't get a "feel" for it until just before I was lynched.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Preacher
First Video: The Job

Postby Preacher » 12 Oct 2013, 21:30

JackSlack wrote:I am so THRILLED I died night one. :D I'm a certified threat now!

Well played, Duckay. You were masterful in this game.

If I'm right, and god I hope it played out the way I think it did, I was the reason you died.
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 12 Oct 2013, 22:25

Vengeance is yours, finally? ;)

Also,

Hepheastus wrote:Yes, my apologies, I was overly verbose. Didn't think about it at the time

In the end, it's all good. I just wanted to make my point. Every post in this game is a play. Sometimes, NOT making a post is a play. But we do owe it to the other players to adhere to the rules.
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 12 Oct 2013, 22:29

That's the dream. Of course if I'm wrong.....

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 12 Oct 2013, 23:54

Okay, the rundown:
Tapir12, AdmiralMemo, korvys and Ptangmatik were the disloyal faction. Tapir was the leader, responsible for sending in the kill order. She would also have investigated as loyal.

Iamafish was a snitch, who was loyal but would have investigated as disloyal.

Kapol was the sawbones, your standard Doctor, while Master Gunner was the Capo, standard Cop.

Preacher was the Don, who had two votes, and a night ability. Each night, he could select a bodyguard who would die in his place if he was targeted. If the bodyguard wasn't loyal however, they wouldn't raise a finger to help Preacher out.

Duckay had anger management issues, making her want to kill everyone. She had to kill one person a night. She also had a onetime only immunity to a night kill, to give her a fighting chance.

Everyone else was vanilla. I asked the disloyals to select one of them to do the kill, which lead them to think there was a roleblocker or tracker, but no dice.

The playthrough:
Day One, there is no lynch.

Night One, JackSlack proves very popular. Master Gunner investigates him, Preacher chooses him as his bodyguard, and the disloyals just decide to take him out anyway. (Sorry Preacher, you didn't manage to kill Jack. Meanwhile, Kapol protects Preacher and is killed by Duckay.

Day Two, Hepheastus is lynched.

Night Two, the disloyals kill iamafish, while Duckay kills Tapir12 (thus making their investigation abilities pointless :P). Gunner investigates Memo, while Preacher recruits Ptangmatik as his bodyguard.

Day Three, AdmiralMemo is lynched.

Night Three, the disloyals finally go after Preacher, who dies because he picked Duckay is his bodyguard. She was too busy murdering Thrash to help out. Gunner also investigated Thrash.

Day Four, Smeghead is lynched.

Night Four, the disloyals kill Gunner, and Duckay kills korvys.

Day Five, Jamfalcon is lynched, handing Duckay the victory.

Final Thoughts:
Day Five, the only way Ptang could have won was if he had convinced Jamfalcon that all the mafia must be dead and that they should lynch Duckay as a serial killer.

After the doc died night one, it was looking very grim for the town, but after the blinder that was night two, things were looking up. Then it went downhill again.

Duckay actually dealt with three out of the four mafia on her own!

Preacher was the main experimental part of this game. I thought having a known loyalty would probably make him a target, so gave him some way to protect himself. I guessed that either he would be taken out quickly, or that the disloyals would attempt to manipulate him for their own ends before taking him out later when he becomes too much of a threat. Either of which was very suited to the theme!

Well played everyone!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 13 Oct 2013, 00:06

What would have happened had I protected Preacher and if he'd been targeted? Would the bodyguard die or not?
elvor

Postby elvor » 13 Oct 2013, 00:15

Yes, the bodyguard would have died. You would have protected Preacher successfully if the bodyguard was disloyal.
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 13 Oct 2013, 00:26

So I picked a traitor, a angry mass murderer and jack as my bodyguards. I am the worst mafia don and judge of character ever

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 13 Oct 2013, 00:44

So protecting Preacher was basically a wasted move for me more often than not then, even if I had lived.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 13 Oct 2013, 01:24

I really enjoyed being a traitor, I'm glad I made it all the way to the end, even if I ultimately lost. That was a lot of fun.

Oh, and since we took out Gunner, I figured I had no chance of convincing Jam I wasn't a traitor.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 13 Oct 2013, 01:26

I'm still really confused: how was korvys able to get my role? Was it just a lucky guess?
elvor

Postby elvor » 13 Oct 2013, 01:31

Pretty much. Gunner was the only investigative role, and he never looked at you.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 13 Oct 2013, 01:36

It's strange. I had him picked as a cop (I actually assumed korvys was a cop and Gunner was a tracker) at first, but I was also assuming that there were only 3 disloyal. When korvys said there were four people unaccounted for including himself, that tipped me off that he was disloyal (because it didn't line up with my hypothesized breakdown, and that was the only way he'd know for sure I was wrong), but I still couldn't figure out how he pegged me so perfectly.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 13 Oct 2013, 02:03

Well, we killed Jack, so I knew the serial killer/vigilante killed Kapol. Heph got lucky and accused you outright, and you volunteered that you had visited Kapol. If you hadn't visited him, you could have just said so, and it would be you vs Heph. But you couldn't deny visiting him if he was a tracker, or he'd come out and say so, and that would be it.

You could have been telling the truth, but that didn't really change our plans in the first couple of days, and it seemed to be working in our favour to work under the assumption you were the killer.

So really, I wasn't as sure as I might have seemed.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 13 Oct 2013, 02:06

Everyone targeted me except the doc night one. I feel very flattered. :)
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 13 Oct 2013, 13:28

Well, so far, it's turning out this way: if I'm Mafia, we have to take out the cop, or I end up dead.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Duckay

Postby Duckay » 13 Oct 2013, 15:20

JackSlack wrote:Everyone targeted me except the doc night one. I feel very flattered. :)

I didn't. ;)
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 13 Oct 2013, 15:21

Yeah, but I don't expect you to show me any respect.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 14 Oct 2013, 03:49

I really wasn't able to check in often enough to make much of an impact this time. :( Oh well, I'm not too unhappy with death by snoo-snoo. Well played, Duckay!

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:(In case it wasn't clear from my in-character bit about "I've seen it happen before", in every recent game of Mafia or The Resistance when I've got into a slanging match with someone, both of us turned out to be good guys and we lost because we were too busy going after each other. I figure this time I'll learn from those experiences and change tactics, thus I have no beef with Memo.)

And what have we learnt today, children?

That's right: never learn from your mistakes.
elvor

Re: Mafia Mafia - Day Two

Postby elvor » 14 Oct 2013, 04:27

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:So that's, what... Ptang, Duckay, Tapir, Gunner, korvys and Memo? Hmmm, that's still too many to pick out the traitors. I know some of you guys were just following the Don's lead. Ain't no way that many of us are disloyal after all Don Preacher's done for the family.

I was hella amused by this. On the second day, you list every bad guy, with only one extra.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 14 Oct 2013, 18:14

I thought it was a good game, though I was honestly a bit surprised to come back from my trip and find myself dead. I had a fake role claim all lined up and everything (though it turns out it wouldn't have worked in the end, now knowing the real roles). I didn't think I had made myself that suspicious!

Being the leader of the disloyals meant having their fates somewhat in my hand, so sorry I didn't do better guys! I seriously considered MG the second night but ended up choosing wrongly. Did someone take over as leader when I was dead?

Overall, great job elvor. I really liked the theme and set-up.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 14 Oct 2013, 18:16

I didn't think you were suspicious, I just had to kill someone and didn't have a better pick. Once I found out you were disloyal, I started to use that to my advantage fiercely ("look, guys, I killed a disloyal!").
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 14 Oct 2013, 18:55

Tapir12 wrote:Did someone take over as leader when I was dead?

They lynched Memo the next day, so it was just me and Ptang. Not much dissension.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io

Return to “Video Games”