Pokémon X and Y

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Postby Vigafre » 09 Feb 2014, 17:30

Not sure if you ever found the answer, but from what I've read, you can restart your game and your Pokemon will be safe on Bank. However, your items will not. So if you have Blazikenite, you'll have to trade it to someone if you want it back.

Still, I don't really like the idea of doing that because I don't like the potential of losing anything.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Feb 2014, 01:17

I use Pokebank to store completed "Wondertrade Playthrough" Pokemon (on Pokemon X) because I am not too precious of them.
TBH, I am not that attached to my level 65 abomination to creation Simipour.

Last night I successfully managed to intergrate my 18 boxes of Pokemon into my Pokemon Y game and organise them.

I have boxes sorting them by type (for dual types, I choose the most core one; e.g. Scraggy would go in the Fighting box and not the Dark box. Moltres would go in the Fire box and not Flying etc.), Pokemon I have trained to be competative (got the moves, EVs and level 50 or over), Pokemon I need to EV train, My Vivilon Collection (I have 8), My Ditto and amazing EV Eevee Collection, and my Pokemon I need to breed to get egg moves.

Now, I can focus designing a team around my Guts Swellow (+damage when afflicted by a status. Learns Facade. Now immune to stun/burn/sleep if carries Toxic Orb).
I have also considered building a new team around Megabomasnow. Florgress has Grass-type support capability.

Now the logistics of sorting out is now done, I can focus on what I like doing, making teams.
--
Competitive players are now hacking Pokemon into existence which is lame. Why do we plebs have to pour time into getting great Pokemon when these twits tear the game to get their perfect Pokemon easily.
Hacked Pokemon have always existed. It just seems now it's the only way to can have a chance at high-level play.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 17 Feb 2014, 20:37

That's rather amusing since they made a really big deal about how this was going to be a competitive scene without hacked pokemon. How can you tell if they're hacking them and not just breeding them? Are they perfect Legendaries? Shiny Legendaries?

Compared to previous generations, it's much, much easier to breed perfect IV pokemon. Heck, it doesn't take *too* much work to just capture one from the friend safari with 3 perfect IVs. It would be very difficult this time around to tell hacked from legit unless they're perfect legendaries.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Feb 2014, 02:36

I think the ease of getting perfect Pokemon is a good time to start using hacked Pokemon, since they can pass-off as being legit.
-
I think the only time I'd hack a Pokemon into existence is to acquire a Pokemon that evolves through trade and has a competitive Hidden Ability: Trevenant Harvest.
Harvest gives you a 50% chance to regen a consumed berry. 100% in sunlight.

Even a perfect IV ditto. Since you can buy them on eBay. Also, you're still having to do some work to create your competative Pokemon.
-
But I wish it didn't exist. And I hope it get patch-fixed.

You can also apparently clone Pokemon. So you have these Pokemon Stream Personalities giving away Shiney Legendaries which they've cloned. Somehow, cloning them before Wonder Trading takes away from the "specialness" of it. It reduces Shiny Pokemon into "Discoloured Pokemon".
-
I need to build a team around my legit Steelix.
-
edit. Trevanant can be found in the wild it seems in hordes.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Mar 2014, 11:00

I think I might stop being interested in Pokemon Battling.

Why?

Because it's so easy to hack a Pokemon into existence.
I enjoy obtaining a Pokemon through legitimate means. However, everyone is pressurised to hack Pokemon into existence because people can't be arsed breeding for the Perfect IV Pokemon.

I don't blame them, it's a huge time commitment which is boring. Which is why I make do with the best I can get with reasonable time investment.

Unfortunately since hacking legal Pokemon (since they're Pokemon which plausible Abilities/Movesets etc. players thinks they're "fine" as they're balanced) is now easy... it's like the only way.

I mean, I could carry on playing how I like... but I will feel slightly embittered if I lose to a hacked team with maximum stats. It would be like, what's the point?

Either invest a retarded amount of time to obtain something other people hack into existence, or generate a Pokemon and not actually feel any attachment to the Pokemon at all. The Pokemon simply becomes a tool. It becomes numbers. I don't want that.

So I am losing the will to play Pokemon competitively because of it. Ah well, might as well complete my Pokedex and battle people on the Wi-Fi with my Legendaries for lols.
--------------

I blame Human Nature and Nintendo.

Human Competitive Nature drives a % of the playerbase to want the strongest with the least effort.
Nintendo has a system in place that makes it still hard to acquire the best Pokemon.
Humans find a way to short-cut.

-------------
I know I said I'd consider hacking a "Evolve Through Trade" Pokemon so I could have one of ideal nature at least... but I would feel like once I'd do that, I'd hack any other Pokemon I wanted.
Thus in a way, making the Pokemon I already own be worthless (unless they already have some sentimental value).

Why do people have the murder the "childish joy" of Pokemon games?
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 12 Aug 2014, 03:13

ASOR is being released in November and New Megas have been announced. See collapse (I'm respecting people who don't enjoy being spoilt about new Pokemon/New forms).

And new Pokemon's Mega:

They are all real. Even some of the derps.

Return to “Video Games”