Assassin's Creed IV

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Assassin's Creed IV

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 30 Oct 2013, 03:08

So has anyone got this game? I've got to say I'm currently loving this game, especially since I do have a thing for games set around the age of exploration and sailing around the Caribbean. I did state in the ACIII thread that the sailing sections was my favourite part in a generally average game, so I'm really pleased they made it one of the main parts of the game.

The best bit about this game? The sea shanties being sung as you sail around looking for plunder.

Also, the fact you're working for Abstergo. Did not see that coming, and I'm really interested to see how the plot develops around this. Although I do wish my co-workers would talk to me, as it's really annoying that I just stand there and they ignore me. : /
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Re: Assassin's Creed IV

Postby Hepheastus » 30 Oct 2013, 04:16

I had planned to pick up a copy of this on my PS3 but sadly my PS3 expired in a cloud of purple smoke last week trying to render Ellen Page constantly crying in Beyond: Two Souls (I think it lost the will to live)
With the PS4's launch so soon I think I might just pick it up on that :/
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 Oct 2013, 12:12

Really want to get it, but think it will have to wait til Christmas...
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
JQuill
First Video: MTGO Academy Draft

Postby JQuill » 30 Oct 2013, 15:32

I'm currently waiting for a copy from Gamefly to arrive, but I'm excited for it. I also found the sailing sections of AC III to be some of the most enjoyable for me, and in general I've always been a big AC fan.

Thankfully Batman is doing a decent time occupying me, but I expect a lot of my November gaming to be Assassin's Creed IV.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Oct 2013, 15:38

How much % of it is actual assassinating?
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 31 Oct 2013, 01:38

Probably not much. By all accounts, this is more a pirate game than an AC game.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 31 Oct 2013, 01:56

It does make me wonder why they just don't start calling the franchise Creed.

I have nothing against them adding different types of aesthetic and gameplay to the series, it's just misleading.
It's like if they made a CoD game and called it Assassin's Creed: Black OPs.
I might be liberating for them to actually not have to have one bit of assassinating in it.
Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 31 Oct 2013, 02:05

There are still assassination side-missions and you do have the same old "Assassinate bad guy A and have a really long conversation as he dies".

But there does seem to be quite a few following missions at the moment. But I'm not that far into the game, so I can't say if it makes up the majority of missions.

And I think the name "Assassins Creed" is more to do with the organisation of Assassins rather than the act of assassinating. Although I have always thought it was a bit of a stupid name. I mean, it's not exactly great PR having your organisation named after an act which generally has negative organisation.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 31 Oct 2013, 14:49

Kittyhuggers' Creed.
Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 06 Nov 2013, 14:43

Just finished ACIV, and I've got to say I really enjoyed the game. Much more than ACIII.

It still has a few issues, but it gets a solid 7/10 from me.

My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 06 Nov 2013, 14:47

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:And I think the name "Assassins Creed" is more to do with the organisation of Assassins rather than the act of assassinating.

I think Yahtzee has just demonstrated this quite adroitly...
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 06 Nov 2013, 14:52

It better be. Not much going on as far as assassinations go. It might as well be Eavesdropper's Creed. Or Pickpocket's Creed. I've done that more than assassinations in AC1.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 06 Nov 2013, 14:55

That will... change in AC2
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 06 Nov 2013, 17:05

I am loving this game. Sailing the high seas as my crew belts out a good shanty. Knocking off ship after ship, building mine up and conquering all I survey.

This is the pirate game I've been waiting for. AC 2 is still my favorite for story thus far(I'm on ch. 9) but This Creed is my favorite gameplay wise.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL

Return to “Video Games”