Pitch a game for a random name!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Mara Kalat
First Video: I wish I remembered... (but am not bot!)

Pitch a game for a random name!

Postby Mara Kalat » 01 Nov 2013, 02:12

I've come up with a new forum game that I hope turns out as fun as I'm imagining it now.
(And if not it'll sink into obscurity soon enough and I'll only cry a little)

There's an absolutely hilarious videogame name generator that can be found here: http://videogamena.me/
The 'game' is to create a short description of what you imagine the game would be like.
So for example;
Generic Sloth Melee:
Genre: Brawler
Description: Did you ever play Super Smash Brothers Melee/Brawl in slow-motion mode? Imagine that except everybody plays a generic sloth. Each of the 20 sloths barely varies from the other, running on variations of brown.
Back of the box blurb: "Join the Generic Sloth Championship (GSC) and prove you're the baddest slothiator around!"

'Rules' of the game:
  • You don't have to pick the first game that comes up, feel free to click until something inspiring pops up.
  • You're only allowed to mock the original poster a little if you think this is too nonsensical

Mara.

What if Alan Turing came up with the test because he was actually a robot and wanted people to find out?
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Pitch a game for a random name!

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 Nov 2013, 02:57

Funky Valkyrie of Magic
Genre: Rhythm RPG

Description: This unique RPG was heavily inspired by Patapon. You play as the last remaining Valkyrie of Midgard. Your sisters have been brutally murdered by the Giants. Imbued with the wisdom of Odin and the Passion of Thor, you fight you way through the Norse mythology with magic.
The magic of the old norse mythology is known to be the most difficult to master. You must attune yourself to the rhythm of reality to successfully cast.

Master the Arcane. Banish the evil. Develope your sweet arse dance moves.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 01 Nov 2013, 02:57

HEINOUS KARATE IN THE SKY
GENRE: Beat em' up
DESCRIPTION: You play as a traveling band of sky-ninjas/ski-assassins/sky pirates with steampunk airships and the only way to settle your differences is by punching things. Quick match involves normal fighting mechanics on the decks of ships, with special matches were everyone is fighting with Jetpacks and doing more powerful moves uses up more Jetpack fuel but if the match goes on too long then you will run out of fuel anyway, making you balance aggression. Campaign mode would be based around fighting rival gangs/bands to get money to upgrade your characters and your ship as well as explore strange new places.
BACK OF BOX BLURB: In a world where the skies the limit, punch it!
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Mara Kalat

Postby Mara Kalat » 01 Nov 2013, 05:00

Oh wow, those are awesome :D
I'd definitely play either of those.

Magical Shotgun Basketball:
Genre: Sports!
Description: Each player has 3 shotguns strapped to each leg, facing down (think Bayonetta but more excessive). These shotguns are completely necessary because they allow the players to jump into the air to reach the hoop which is 4 times higher than normal. Players are magically shielded to not be hurt by the shotgun blasts, but still get knocked back by other players' blasts if they're aimed at them. The field is also completely destructible and are set up in varied places, from a boring traditional sports hall to Mount Olympus to a pirate ship to the international space station.
Back of the box blurb: "Shotgun-jump into SLAM DUNK!!"

Mara.

What if Alan Turing came up with the test because he was actually a robot and wanted people to find out?
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 01 Nov 2013, 05:00

Rise of the snowboard in the Outback
Genre: Business simulation

Description: You have done it again. Signed a contract without actually reading the fine print. Now you have to build a skiing resort in the middle of the Australian desert.
Mold the land, control the elements and get all those tourists to the Outback. Good luck, you'll need it.

Back of box blurb: Scorching snow and searing ice. The ultimate challenge awaits.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Itazu
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby Itazu » 01 Nov 2013, 05:18

Mary Kate and Ashley's Dog Rebellion:
Genre: Hack and Slash
Description: You play as a rabid chocolate lab named Luca trying to kill as many copies of Mary Kate, Ashley, and their friends as you can before your sanity runs out from hearing their stupid voices. Rack up high scores and compare with your friends!
Back of the box blurb: "Ever wanted to murder Mary Kate and/or Ashley? Now you can!"
JCDerpton
First Video: Magicland

Postby JCDerpton » 01 Nov 2013, 05:34

Elite Donkey Destruction:
Genre: First Person Shooter
Description: In the not too distant future, an elite team of Destructor Donkeys travel back in time to prevent the creation of Call of Duty. Take control of a soldier in this team and fight your way through the linear game studio shooting all the enemies in the face while being insulted by children.
Back of the box blurb: Kick some Ass!
rucdoc
First Video: unknown

Postby rucdoc » 01 Nov 2013, 05:36

Fabulous Cheese - The Movie The Game

Genre: Point and Click adventure
Description: You play thru a point and click adventure of the classic movie Fabulous cheese. Discover how it's made, the many varieties and the places they are made, solve puzzles to help discover new types. Made by tell tale games, featuring Sam and Max.

Back of the box blurb: "Join Sam and max as they learn the history and creation of the greatest Cheeses of the world"

Second one because this is too good not to do

Final Fantasy WWE Dance Party
Genre: Kinect dance game
Danc battle to all your favorite 30's era big band music using the greats of the 80's WWE and the lesser known Final Fantasy Characters.

Back of the box blurb: "Dance against your friends as either Wrestling great andre the giant or the blue mage."
JCDerpton
First Video: Magicland

Postby JCDerpton » 01 Nov 2013, 05:54

Vampire Dog Mansion:
Genre: Survival Horror
Description: You wake up in an old mansion with no recollection of who or where you are. All you know is that you need to escape. Make your way through the maze of mansion, trying to find out what happened, and who is the mysterious Count Dogela? Can you handle the truth?
Back of box blurb: "So Horror, so doge"
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 01 Nov 2013, 07:28

Retro Big Game Hunter Kid
Genre: First Person Shooter
Description: Tron meets Darwinia meets Far Cry Blood Dragon. 80s style pixelated animals rendered in 3D roam a vast retro style jungle landscape, that a boy armed with various hunting weaponry must face. Additional levels feature takes on other popular retro games, reimgined in a Big Game Hunter style.
Back of the box blurb: "One day on his walk home from school, Jerry notices the cleanest, shiniest dollar he has ever seen lying by the side of the road. With glee, Jerry takes his glorious find down to his local arcade, to play one of his favourite games of all time: "Big Game Hunter". Little does Jerry know, however, that the shiny dollar he picked up was magical, and when he hit the 1P start button on the machine, the magic of the shiny dollar teleports him into the game he's loved so much. Help Jerry as he faces down the creatures great and small, and much more besides, as he tries to escape back to the real world, and beat his own high score at the same time, in the game critics are calling the best AAA call back title in years: Retro Big Game Hunter Kid!."
Mara Kalat

Postby Mara Kalat » 01 Nov 2013, 07:33

This one definitely struck a chord with me.

Nihilistic Florist from Mars:
Genre: Sandbox relationship-'em-up
Description: You follow the story of Bridget Delaine as she falls in love with the titular extraterrestrial florist. It is a creature that has landed in her quiet mid-west American town and she was the only one to witness this extraordinary event. Despite its (multitude of) green thumbs it has a bleak outlook on life and has to constantly be encouraged to hide himself.
After much convincing and some impressive disguising Bridget opens a flower shop together with the alien and a romance begins to bud. Will she manage to reach out and find love before the town finds out? A more pressing question is whether these are normal plants being sold in the store, because some of the townsfolk appear to be behaving strangely after buying from them...
Back of the box blurb: "It's as if Edward Scissorhands teamed up with Octodad to make a dating Sim, 4.5/5 - The Escapist"

Mara.

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 Nov 2013, 11:51

Underground Monkey Simulator
Genre: Simulation/Facebook game.

Ever wanted to be in a seedy bondage cult?
Now you can!
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 01 Nov 2013, 12:19

Kinect Bong Rage
Genre: 3D First-Person Adventure
Description: The spiritual successor to LSD: The Dream Simulator.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 01 Nov 2013, 20:22

Stupendous Moped Oppression
Gere: Racing/Sandbox
Description: Take over the city in this unique addition to the Wii U's video game lineup. Granted the moped of the gods, your mission is to take over the world, one city at a time. And where better to start than your own? Drive around town, using the moped's special abilities, including Mind Control, Temporal Domination, and Easy Bake! But the moped is quick to lose power, which can be restored by winning races against other mopeds, cars, and even jets! Explore the town of genericville, UT and take it over once and for all!
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 02 Nov 2013, 16:44

Everybody Loves the Laser of the Third Reich

Genre: FPS

Description: Germany, 1944. With the Allies tearing through France, and the Bolshevik menace bearing down on the east, the Nazi administration has become increasingly desperate in its search for a means to turn the tide. After months of research and development, the Reich's top scientists have possibly developed such a means: the Lasers of Understanding. However, while en-route to a secret field-testing facility, the Lasers have been stolen by partisans hoping to use them to recruit key Nazis to their cause.

You are one such partisan; use the Lasers as you attempt to work your way along the path to Berlin.

Another couple that sparked shorter ideas:

Inept Acid Party

Hydrochloric acid and dubstep; what could possibly go wrong?

Relentless Dating Terror

Speed dating with eldrich horrors.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
perdidoparker
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby perdidoparker » 06 Nov 2013, 21:40

Funky Nudist Pro:

Another amazing adventure brought to you by the makers of German Dating Pro, Amazon Princess Hoedown, and Tiny Underwear X. Take control of your personal avatar, 100% customizable from head to toe, and explore the vast world of Hippitopia. Fully immerse yourself in a world void of NPCs. That's right! Everyone you encounter in Hippitopia is an avatar controlled by another player like yourself! So go ahead and satisfy your urges, FOR FUN!

Features include:
    - PvP Sword Fighting
    - Super Tanning Action
    - Realistic Chafing and Weathering
    - Fully Explorable World

(DISCLAIMER: User's encountered online not guaranteed to share gender with avatar.)
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Nov 2013, 04:32

Elegant Ninja III

Genre: Stealth & Rhythem game.

The long awaited follow up to Elegant Ninja 1 and II. Climb, leap and sneak into heavily guarded forts. Time your moves perfectly for maximum stealthiness and ultra grace.
Be the most elegant Ninja of Feudal China.
NebulosDisconcertion
First Video: Pony Time

Postby NebulosDisconcertion » 07 Nov 2013, 11:25

Preschool Lacrosse Hunt
Genre: inverse stealth game
Wade clumsily through dense forest, whipping lacrosse balls at annoying children.
Box quote: *THWAP* Haha!

Jewish Balloon vs. The Space Mutants
genre: non-combative side scroller.
Float serenely through the mutant's space base, avoiding pokey things and bacon cheeseburgers.
Box quote: I can't read it, I think it's Yiddish.

Real Werewolf Live
Genre: David Cage-style non-interactive with quicktime events.
Based on the popular daytime talkshow, everyday families come to terms with the supernatural. Button prompts have a tenuous relation to what's going on.
Box quote: I saw it too, mom.
Hepheastus

Postby Hepheastus » 26 Nov 2013, 02:11

Stylish Fishing - The Gathering Storm
Genre: Fishing Simulator/Survival/Mystery
Donovan Lind is a pro-fisher about to go on his biggest fishing trip ever. Disaster strikes when his ship runs aground on a mysterious Island during a viscous storm. Everyone else is killed and Donovan must survive alone,using his fishing skills to catch fish to eat. Donovan has no other survival skills however. The player will have to manage Donovan's food, water and temperature. Wounds will take time to heal and affect your abilities. You will have to scavenge materials for a shelter. Slowly over time Donovan starts to witness strange happenings on the island: voices echoing in different languages; footprints ending next to solid cliffs; strange animal noises in the night. Donovan starts to question his sanity but as he explores more of the island, bits that were previously blocked off he begins to feel like he is being herded by some unseen power and as he discovers more secrets about the island he eventually asks himself one final question.
Did he survive the shipwreck at all?
EDIT: The game would feature dynamic changeable weather that would be randomly generated and would dynamically affect the terrain, large amounts of rain would cause landslides for example

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

Mara Kalat

Postby Mara Kalat » 26 Nov 2013, 03:23

Dead or Alive: Mountain Climber Mayhem:
Genre: Mountain Climbing Simulator
Description: Did you think Dead or Alive beach volleyball was keeping the series too close to its constricting fighting game roots? Then join us in reaching new heights, with Team Ninja's first mountain climbing epic. A full realistic and rounded out climbing simulator that accurately portrays the hardships and trials of the real world experience.
Back of the box blurb: Pre-order now and get the Bikini costume pack and the hypnotic Jiggle-Physics valley!

Mara.

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Dec 2013, 15:31

Name: Star Katana Factory
Genre: RTS/Management
Description: You manage the day to day running of a starship construction yard. Research and upgrade various parts of your facility to gain new tech trees, construction options and special abilities (quicker build time for a finite period).
There is a sub-portion of the game where you need to negotiate reach certain goals to open up new markets/research for yourself. You can focus on one type of ship construction (military) but you need to have a secondary (civilian/construction/trade/pleasure) to help keep the coffers full.
Box Quote: Build your ships.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 13 Dec 2013, 16:19

Ok how many of these should I just make next time I have free time?
CaptainEnder7
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby CaptainEnder7 » 14 Dec 2013, 07:50

Future Zamboni Beta
Genre: Puzzle/Platformer/Educational
Description: You play as a future invetor, trying to cope with the world's sudden realization that Hockey is the best thing ever. But there aren't enough Zamboni in the world to keep all those rinks in one piece. You must venture out into future warehouses to collect parts to build the next great Zamboni. (If anyoneremembers the old Super Solvers game Gizmos and Gadgets, think that but with a Hockey theme)
Box Quote: Can you create the greatest Zamboni of the future?

"Ok, so, some sort of well-dressed ostrich. What's the next move?"

"CaptainEnder7: Space Asshole and Rogue Space Pooper" - Kathleen (and Graham) Commercial
Hepheastus

Postby Hepheastus » 14 Dec 2013, 12:19

nicholasmc1 wrote:Ok how many of these should I just make next time I have free time?

All of them?
Especially mine :P

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 14 Dec 2013, 18:31

...why hasn't someone tracked down Slack Mesa and asked him to pitch in on this?!?

Return to “Video Games”